Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons Empty
PostSubject: Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons   Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi folks, got a set of hand-down of said irons to start golfy.. Haha blessed..
Comes wif ns pro 950gh r shafts...

Played for couple of mths n feel tat the weight of shaft is higher..
at times, cant feel the head..
Tried my pal's cobra s3, the feel of the head is gd..

Shld i go for a lighter shafts or train to get used to it...?
Am a 6mths rookie...

Tks...
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons   Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Nspro 950 is a common type of shaft used by asian golfers. There are lighter shaft like 85 gram or 75 gram but unless you are really small physique if not the majority average men are ok with 95 gram. When your swing improve and gaining higher swing speed you may even want to go for heavier shaft like 120g.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons   Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm

I don't mean to make matters more complicated for you but here's what I've recently experienced.

I used to play steel shafts which are 110g+ in weight. KBS Tours, PX5.5s etc. I used to think that having a heavier shaft would give me better control and feel for the swing etc. I played OK with those shafts, never knowing any better.

More recently, I picked up a set of irons with Matrix Ozik regular shafts. In essence, they were about 80g graphite shafts. I was very nervous playing with them and yes, the first time I tried them, I ended up pulling my shots. But, I soon realized that they were quite nice to use. They didn't require brute force which allowed me to have a more steady and smooth swing. I was able to maintain better rhythm and as a result, found more success with these clubs.

So, I've learned that heavier shafts don't necessarily give you a better game. Likewise, lighter shafts aren't as bad as what you may think.

I guess it all boils down to what you feel most comfortable with. But, whatever the case, don't beat it until you've given it a shot Smile
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons   Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:00 pm

2008: currently my pals using the same shafts as mine so unable to get a chance to try out the lighter ones....
Aft couple of swing wif my pal's cobra n back to nike, then my swing is quite consitstant...

Technospaz: will try out the feel of others b4 commiting to one... Love the nike heads but mayb a lighter shaft to have a beta feel of the head... Haha

Any recom of shafts to look out for a newbie...
Likely to go for a 2nd hand set else my wife gonna jump... Haha

Sincerely thanks for the advices, folks...
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons   Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Technospaz: for my current skill level, i do agree wif u tat a lighter shafts works well for me...
Tried some frm BFG... Sweet... Hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons   Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaft for 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons
Page 1 of 1