Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings... beginner golfer

Go down 
+14
vinjess
rayeonsg
michaelcheah
outlander
joy2ewrld
monoshox15
imrog
davechew8381
will i am
Dragonz18
paul@golf
greenteaz
WILL33
CYH
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Greetings... beginner golfer Empty
PostSubject: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Just pick up golfing a couple of months back...

Great forum you have and l actually managed to get some info here. Keep it up!

Perhaps, may meet some of you for a game if I practise real hard... not an easy game for an old man like me. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WILL33

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 1:51 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Just relax & enjoy your game
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm

welcome welcome too cheers
Back to top Go down
Dragonz18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dragonz18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Welcome............. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:15 pm

hi CYH , welcome u too .

i m also new here ....... which range do u go for practise ?
Back to top Go down
davechew8381
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Welcome..
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:27 pm

welcome CYH. I'm older than you but as long as there is passion, just enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
monoshox15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Welcomes welcomes : )

Just wondering if any of us is keen for a newbie game at Mandai?

Toying the idea of Vesak holiday....
Back to top Go down
joy2ewrld
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joy2ewrld

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi, Welcome cheers

Golf is a game of forever learning never too old to pick up the game.

Enjoy the journey.
Back to top Go down
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:01 am

will i am wrote:
hi CYH , welcome u too .

I usually head to Eng Neo or Toa Payoh... usually between 7 to 8.30pm. How about you?
Back to top Go down
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:04 am

monoshox15 wrote:

That's a great idea... do count me in.... but not on sunday though.

By the way, was told that Changi Golf course (9 holes) allows PC on weekdays and its quite affordable.
Back to top Go down
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks to all the golf enthusiasts here for your encouragements. I will try my best... body is getting stiff and hit rate is still inconsistent... practice, practice and practice, I will. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
monoshox15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:10 am

CYH wrote:
will i am wrote:
hi CYH , welcome u too .

I usually head to Eng Neo or Toa Payoh... usually between 7 to 8.30pm. How about you?

Wld try to shameless join u one day at Eng Neo, not very near my home but I can try laaaah
Back to top Go down
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:34 am

monoshox15 wrote:
CYH wrote:
will i am wrote:
hi CYH , welcome u too .

Wld try to shameless join u one day at Eng Neo, not very near my home but I can try laaaah

No problem at all.. 90% of the time l am on my own... would love the company. Usually practice on tue and thu at Eng Neo and Sat at Toa Payoh. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:54 am

I usually head to Eng Neo or Toa Payoh... usually between 7 to 8.30pm. How about you?[/quote]

Wld try to shameless join u one day at Eng Neo, not very near my home but I can try laaaah[/quote]

Hi , finally found sum1 play @ toa payoh , i was with eng toon last yr . i usually practise in the moring , but can join u .......
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:00 am

CYH wrote:
monoshox15 wrote:

That's a great idea... do count me in.... but not on sunday though.

By the way, was told that Changi Golf course (9 holes) allows PC on weekdays and its quite affordable.

I m ok with wk day 9 holes , ........ keep me update bounce
Back to top Go down
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:39 pm

I m ok with wk day 9 holes , ........ keep me update bounce [/quote]

I can see that that there are some keen interests amongst beginners, like myself, to try it out on the green.

Perhaps, l may put up a post to form a group to enjoy a game at Mandai (weekend-Sat) or weekday at Changi or MBGC.... let me find out where and when will be least crowded and cheapest!
Back to top Go down
monoshox15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

CYH wrote:

I can see that that there are some keen interests amongst beginners, like myself, to try it out on the green.

Perhaps, l may put up a post to form a group to enjoy a game at Mandai (weekend-Sat) or weekday at Changi or MBGC.... let me find out where and when will be least crowded and cheapest![/quote]

cheers Thanks CYH! (: That would be awesome.

Weekend - Sat would be a better option for me at Mandai. MGBC need PC right which I don't ........ for a long time .....
Back to top Go down
monoshox15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey,

I did my "landscaping" duty this morning at Mandai Executive Course. Started at about 11am and finished at about 1.30pm thereafter. Quiet and not so much of a crowd. 1 is also good to go play.

Didn't play well after a long hiatus; lost 3 balls....into the longkang and "forest". Then again, I am determined to play more in the greens moving on...at the same time gonna go get myself a PC and Handicap in time to come and slowly move along....

Michelle cheers
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:35 pm

CYH wrote:

Perhaps, l may put up a post to form a group to enjoy a game at Mandai (weekend-Sat) or weekday at Changi or MBGC.... let me find out where and when will be least crowded and cheapest![/quote]

I'm also a beginner. Count me in too!
Back to top Go down
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:06 am

monoshox15 wrote:
Hey,

I did my "landscaping" duty this morning at Mandai Executive Course. Started at about 11am and finished at about 1.30pm thereafter. Quiet and not so much of a crowd. 1 is also good to go play.

Didn't play well after a long hiatus; lost 3 balls....into the longkang and "forest". Then again, I am determined to play more in the greens moving on...at the same time gonna go get myself a PC and Handicap in time to come and slowly move along....

Michelle cheers

Been to Mandai before... lost 3 balls is good by my standard, considering that if you slice your ball then there is not much chance of finding it cos of the thick grass.. i lost 5 or 6 there at least! Suggest you get a PC/HI so that you can explore more courses weekdays. We can organise a game provided you are patient as l am really inconsistent player...
Back to top Go down
CYH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:12 am

outlander wrote:
CYH wrote:

Perhaps, l may put up a post to form a group to enjoy a game at Mandai (weekend-Sat) or weekday at Changi or MBGC.... let me find out where and when will be least crowded and cheapest!

I'm also a beginner. Count me in too![/quote]

Great bro... looks like we got oursevles a flight of 4. Outlander, monshox, will i m and CYH. Lets do it 25 May to 31 May... one of the days, for a start and mandai or fairway green (champion) since we say that we are all beginners... lets see the response before we fixed the actual date. On?
Back to top Go down
will i am
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
will i am

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:27 am

Great bro... looks like we got oursevles a flight of 4. Outlander, monshox, will i m and CYH. Lets do it 25 May to 31 May... one of the days, for a start and mandai or fairway green (champion) since we say that we are all beginners... lets see the response before we fixed the actual date. On?[/quote]

Tks CYH , i m ok with that wk.............
Back to top Go down
michaelcheah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michaelcheah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:10 am

Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings... beginner golfer   Greetings... beginner golfer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings... beginner golfer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next