Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children's Coach

Go down 
+11
hkhamateur
honkytong
MadScientist
slash
slyster
simoner
jimmchew
poresia
Virtualsaturn
Shwong2003
Ateisha
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Ateisha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ateisha

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi, am looking at starting my children on golf. They are 6 & 8 yeras old. Any good coach or school to start them or recommend them? thanks
Back to top Go down
Shwong2003
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm

I find it rather difficult to get coaches for Children. The attrition rate is pretty high from those academy that specialize in teaching children.
Back to top Go down
Virtualsaturn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:24 pm

Kinder Golf / Tee One at Safra Changi Walk is quite good. Coach John Li
Back to top Go down
Ateisha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ateisha

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Tks for all the information.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 pm

try Steve Tan at toa payoh range. his weekend group lessons are catered for junior golfers only. my elder son learned under him and graduated while my younger son is learning now.
Back to top Go down
jimmchew
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jimmchew

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 pm

try Mashuri Sapowan at mandai or Johari Suboh at bishan.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:04 am

My daughter (6 yrs) is taking group lessons from Kamisan at Punggol Range on Sundays.
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Notice that you are staying in Queenstown, so I would recommend Heartlands Golf School at JCC. They have a structured junior golfers programme from beginners all the way to elite level. Classes are conducted on either Saturday or Sunday so you can decide which works best for you and your kid. My girl is taking lessons there and its a good place to build up their foundations. IMO, the lesson should be fun and interesting to keep them interested in the game at such a young age, and doing it in a class is more enjoyable for the kids rather than a one-to-one lesson.

I'll happy to introduce you to the school if you are keen. Else you can contact punkrockpga who is one of the teaching pros in HGS.
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:04 pm

And if you are looking for a junior golf set for your 6-year old, let me know. I have a set to release at a reasonable price. It used to be my girl's but she has since outgrown the set.
Back to top Go down
Ateisha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ateisha

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Wow really appreciate all your help and advise
Back to top Go down
slash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Good advice from Slyster!

Yes, do a group class to keep the interest going, and it needs to be fun! Unless your kids are highly motivated on golf already, difficult to do 1 on 1. I've seen my friends' kids crying and refusing to go for 1 on 1 lessons. Don't think they'll grow up liking golf this way.
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 pm

My kids, same age as your kids, are taking lessons at Bt Batok Driving Range since February.

All are still happily interested and progressing decently well.
Back to top Go down
honkytong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Can try the Phil brew academy at nsrcc.have a fun program for kids,with weekly competitions and stuff,pretty structured lessons
Back to top Go down
honkytong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:18 pm

He also has an academy at orchid if I'm not wrong.hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:17 am

simoner wrote:
My daughter (6 yrs) is taking group lessons from Kamisan at Punggol Range on Sundays.

Beside Kamisan fm Punggol, Lawrence was gd too. Very Happy
Was there few occasions on sun morn n witnessed how his lessons was conducted. Wink
Try droppg by n observed n make enquiries. Smile
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 3:11 pm

One more point to add - its good to choose a venue where there is a real course for the kids to try during their lessons. Case in point, HGS in JCC uses the Executive Course for some of their lessons including the putting green, and this makes the lessons more interesting for the kids, rather than just doing range work all the time.

I think based on the comments given that there are plenty of options around, but best to go and talk to the pros and visit their facilities before deciding.

Have a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ateisha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ateisha

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi Slyster, Ya i have been to HGS and i do see the kids enjoying themselves. Really thank you for the kind advise.
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tian

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Its been some time since I have posted but I got to say that Kamisan was the one who taught me everything about golf. He was previously teaching at NSRCC until Phil Brew Golf took over operations for the entire range. I always thought that he has retired for good but I'm glad that he has decided to make a comeback.

A very sincere man, will recommend anyone to go for him.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Tian wrote:
Its been some time since I have posted but I got to say that Kamisan was the one who taught me everything about golf. He was previously teaching at NSRCC until Phil Brew Golf took over operations for the entire range. I always thought that he has retired for good but I'm glad that he has decided to make a comeback.

A very sincere man, will recommend anyone to go for him.

kamisan is back......  good coach no doubt...
Ronald in bt batok not bad also for kids...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 2:45 am

Daniel Chang from Bishan, teaches at few primary schools.
I took a package session from him not long ago.
Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:48 am

hi bros, 
anyone getting lessons for kids here? 
http://www.asiangolfinstitute.com.sg/junior-program/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Children's Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children's Coach   Children's Coach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children's Coach
Page 1 of 1