Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Measuring Swing Speed

Go down 
+8
pravnash
sim.t.lim
cherneu
Bangla123
matthew.wong.92123
Technospaz
paul@golf
popeyex
12 posters
AuthorMessage
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Measuring Swing Speed Empty
PostSubject: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Are there any gadgets out there to measure swing speed accurately? Saw some gadgets that you place in front of you and somehow they take the measurement during your swing. Cost about USD 80. Not sure if anyone has any before and how accurate are these gadgets?
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:40 pm

hi popeyex, sound like something i used for meaauring the speed of a tennis ball hit at serve! but tat's abt it i guess, some of our pro bros will tell u it's the swing speed tat matters

so why not head over to some highly recommended fitters' place like BFG or WizGolf and I'm sure they ll oblige you with some analyse cum sound advise too
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Agreed with paul. I'd say head down to a fitter. They have the equipment to give you an accurate measurement. No point investing in gadgets which may or may not give you an accurate reading. The tools the fitters use cost thousands of dollars and I'm sure they wouldn't mind letting you gauge your swing speed for free Smile
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm using the swing speed radar. IHMO I find it useful to improve SS while practicing at the range. At least I could tell how I hit for better speed, like weight transfer, body rotation and trying to hold lag.

Or next time if I wanna train for longer drive its easy to measure milestones. Currently swinging my driver ave 100-105mph. Would hope to swing at 110 ave in future. Of course the ball flight is considered.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Hahaha, why would you want to emphasize so much on your swing speed. You want to join Remax? Maybe you should consider other factors like improving your smash factor, I think that would be slightly more relevant if optimizing efficiency in your swing is your goal.

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:38 pm

I kinda have to agree.

And let me preface what I'm about to say by admitting that I'm neither a fitter nor do I understand the intricacies of swing speed in relation to golf equipment etc.

I'm curious - you're looking to get a higher swing speed which (in my mind) means more force through the stroke. By implication, that should lead to more impact and greater distance. While that makes sense (kinda), I wondered why you're using a regular flex and shortened driver. I would have thought that golfers who want that sort of power often go for stiffer and longer shafts?

Anyway, I know that there are golfers out there who play with softer flex drivers and do well. I don't know, however, if they aspire to achieve high swing speeds. My belief is that they tend to focus more on smash factor (as my learned bangla friend said) and through that, drive the ball a mile and a half.

Bangla123, before I forget, my sympathies on the loss of your revered President.
Back to top Go down
matthew.wong.92123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
matthew.wong.92123

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
Hahaha, why would you want to emphasize so much on your swing speed. You want to join Remax? Maybe you should consider other factors like improving your smash factor, I think that would be slightly more relevant if optimizing efficiency in your swing is your goal.

Well SS is one of the elements in golf, no doubt that solid shot and ball trajectory too. To improve further, all elements have to be considered for better golf. Short game is a definite.

Without frequent access to trackman or other computer aid, speed radar would help to tell the speed.

Swinging faster doesn't mean joining REMAX Long Distance but part of enjoying better golf. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cherneu
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
cherneu

PostSubject: Using trugolf' swing analyser to measure!   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi all!

Come to Champions Golf aka green fairways to test the full potential of your new clubs!

Trugolf's swing analyser gives you data such as:
Club head speed
Ball speed
Back spin
Side spin
Launch angle
Club face angle
Swing path

All these information are vital to find out the perfect club for your swing!

For all you driver and shaft enthusiast, you will need this...

Introductory price:
$8 for 10 minutes
$15 for 30 minutes
$25 for 1 hour

Cheapest in town!

Email to make your booking:
booking@chernsgolfcentre.com

See you soon!

Last edited by cherneu on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernsgolfcentre.com
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 pm

I got this device, it attach to your device. All u need is sync to the app.. apps available in android and apps store.
It able to trace ur swing speed and your swing motion thru 2D and 3D.
Back to top Go down
pravnash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Is that device the 3bays Golf swing analyzer that you stick into the grip end of the club !
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 pm

The device is call swingbytes. It attach to your shaft near the grip. Not sure is the one you are refering.
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:00 am

why would you want to know your swing speed? scratch
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:22 am

my guess is to choose the correct flex?
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:42 am

hi popeyex... i used the zelocity purelauch and pureflight before. The cheaper on is at ard usd645 on ebay and gives quite accurate ball and club head speed, thus giving you the actual smash factor.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 am

looks like there is a good opportunity to test the TM pro with the Trugolf stats. Yonex have booked our TM for a demo day at Champions Golf. it will be interesting to see the stats generated by TM (pro mode means its not on simulated by actual flight mode) versus the Trugolf stats.

Better still, we will get Yonex pro (Justin from SICC) to hit shots on both.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Measuring Swing Speed   Measuring Swing Speed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Measuring Swing Speed
Page 1 of 1