Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to learn club fitting?

Go down 
+3
righthook
scottycollector
catdforever
7 posters
AuthorMessage
catdforever
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
catdforever

Where to learn club fitting? Empty
PostSubject: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi guys, anyone know where I can learn how to do club fitting and get a certification for it in singapore?

I understand that BFG held lessons for a while but then are there official course offered to teach and certify this? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:38 pm

hey bro i'm also interested. let me know if and when u find one.

i don't really need to be certified though. just want to learn for fun =)
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey bro am interested to know the sport better, do share of you found one Beer
Back to top Go down
catdforever
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
catdforever

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Haha sure no problem. I'll share if I do find it. Actually it's what a lot of pple in the states do. Buy the equipment and fix their clubs in their own backyard. Think it's quite fun to get your hands dirty and fix your own grips and stuff.
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeap always good to know your gear
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Share.. share. I'm interested too :-) If there's none in Singapore, perhaps should look in SEA countries... If it can garner enough interest, perhaps we can do a package to go over to learn and at the same time, play a couple of games. Haha.. Just a thought Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaws
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Im interested too. Have not heard of any such course in singapore but i believe golfsmith runs such courses in the US!
Back to top Go down
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Internet? Most basic fitting can be found in many sites but "the arts" only can be develop by experience. just my2c.
Back to top Go down
Jaws
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Im sure the how to do can be found on the internet and youtube, but ultimately you need someone who is skilled in doing it to demo and let you hands on.
Back to top Go down
maslie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
maslie

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 pm

catdforever wrote:
Haha sure no problem. I'll share if I do find it. Actually it's what a lot of pple in the states do. Buy the equipment and fix their clubs in their own backyard. Think it's quite fun to get your hands dirty and fix your own grips and stuff.

Uppsss...my bad Smile didn't notice what TS mean earlier, so it's more to club assembly, then tools and equipment are more helpfull to be able to learn Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Learning the art is a recurring thought among golfers. I thought I'll share some of my self-learning experiences here...

Firstly, there is a huge difference between club-making and club-fitting.

Club-making is just the process of installing or removing shafts, grips, ferrules, etc. Anyone with decent hand-eye coordination and who can handle tools safely can do the job.

Club-fitting is the challenging part. It involves understanding the golf swing mechanics to know what equipment suit which golfers.

There is plenty of reading and testing needed to understand these products. Factors like shaft kick-point, torque, weight, flex, feel need time to sink in. It must be coupled with a deep understanding of the swing before any decent recommendations can be attempted.

I learnt the hard way, buying shafts I did not understand and could not use. But for that first few months of trying different "toys", it was really fun!

The strange thing, is that almost all recreational golfers who ventured this path eventually come to a realisation. That clubheads and shafts today are SO MUCH MORE well designed and made than the level of golf we can play. Put bluntly, we could rarely utilize the full potential of our equipments. Shocked

It's at this point we start thinking back and really appreciate our club-fitters' recommendations. Kind of a big circle, but that's the self-discovery process several of my friends and myself made.

I would do it again, but probably stay well within club-making boundaries. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to learn club fitting?   Where to learn club fitting? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to learn club fitting?
Page 1 of 1