Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments

Go down 
+5
TDO
nrafee
bryanachong
ssyap85
cmclee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments Empty
PostSubject: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi
was at the keppel golf range yesterday and decided to record my swing using iphone. Sorry if the picture not as ideal.
My handicap is 17+ and a social golfer.
Appreciate your comments or feedback if you see any areas which could be further improved. Many thanks !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV12EfAPAwM

Back to top Go down
ssyap85
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Pretty consistent. Judging from the length, it looks like an iron-6 or 7. How was the flight of the ball? Need to turn on slow motion to examine better especially on the body movement.
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

thanks for your feedback. If I recall correctly, it's 7 iron. Ball flight looks ok to me and carry is usually around 140 to 150m. One of my concerns is whether my backswing is too upright since I can see the gap between my elbow and right side of the body. also my elbow not pointing down. Show my right elbow be closer to my body ?
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Chicken wing still happening , right arm closer to your body in your upswing would make the swing more compact and consistent! And of course more turn!

Just my thoughts! No intention to correct!

Cheers! Smart way of learning btw!
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:04 pm

i also saw the flying right elbow. very familiar to me as it is the exact the same issue i am facing on my back swing... (among many other issues) Smile

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Bro cmclee, one thing I can say for sure, your swing is pretty much decent and better than mine. cheers People might laugh at me ROFL because my swing is only half-swing and looks quite not the ordinary swing. Nevertheless, if you can show the front view of your swing it might be able to show more. The background is a bit dark. This is probably because of the over-exposure from the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Hey bro, cant comment in your swing as im no pro, but if i may suggest you incorporate an aiming routine in the range as well. My coach always tell me, Simulate on course routine, pick a target and make it count. Maybe youre just swinging as many as u can to capture for the video, didnt see u looking at target before the swing. I found being more target bound (than ball bound) gives better practice and we can translate that habit/routine to the course. Hope it helps you as it helped me, cheers
Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi,

Steep arm plane, severe shut clubface at the top, poor wrist angles and then it's quite steep and outside coming down and the body must move back and hold the face open - hence the chicken wing due to the body angle at impact. Your arms cannot swing around to eliminate the dreaded chicken wing.

I'm guessing you may struggle with the longer irons and woods.

Pull the short irons and slice longer irons and woods?

Very common - not to worry easy to fix with some PGA training.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://academyofgolf.com.sg
ssyap85
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:17 am

Good that you realized your swing. Mattpro796 might be right. You might struggle as you use longer iron. You just have to adjust your swing.

As long as the flight is consistent at every shots, i dont think you should worried that much. Unless you intend to become a pro, then that's another discussion.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 am

I have big problem with my irons now. Especially long irons. Keep slicing. Don't know why. Sad
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 am

TDO wrote:
I have big problem with my irons now. Especially long irons. Keep slicing. Don't know why. Sad

Mid irons ok? Any fade?

Slicing is mainly due to open club face, but there are few factors which leads to open club face.
- body/hip too fast, hand lagging behind
- grip
- out to in swing

Just sharing...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:47 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:
TDO wrote:

Mid irons ok? Any fade?

Slicing is mainly due to open club face, but there are few factors which leads to open club face.
- grip
- out to in swing

Just sharing...
Thanks for sharing bro. Yes, mid irons fade a little. But if off the tee at Par 3s it's not a real problem. Ball flight will fade a bit. I think it's my swing path. The divots after I hit from fairway tends to be to the left. Which means I am hitting from outside in. But unable to correct it. can't understand why. Sad
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:52 pm

TDO wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:
TDO wrote:

Mid irons ok? Any fade?

- grip
- out to in swing

Just sharing...
Thanks for sharing bro. Yes, mid irons fade a little. But if off the tee at Par 3s it's not a real problem. Ball flight will fade a bit. I think it's my swing path. The divots after I hit from fairway tends to be to the left. Which means I am hitting from outside in. But unable to correct it. can't understand why. Sad

Really need to see your swing to see what's the problem. Suggest you get a few lessons with a PGA pro for video analysis and minor adjustment. It's worth the money if you want to improve, imho, more worth than changing eqpt.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
ssyap85
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 pm

It could be due to the ball addressing too. Just keep an eye.
Back to top Go down
dancsy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dancsy

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Cmclee bro... I suppose u not only want to enjoy golf but also want a technically sound swing, that's why u asking us to comment so me not gonna hold back...
Disclaimer : my swing is not that great but I do watch/ read enough pro swings to differed the difference in your swing here..
Here it goes....
Although It's quite evident u got a flying right elbow in your backswing, I actually think its still ok, yours may be a touch too high. Even tiger woods used to havE it a bit high when he was young, Fred couples and Michelle's are also high.. But now the trend is to keep it low and closer to ur body for better control.
You actually bow your left wrist at the top of your back swing.. This action is not required. But if u are used to it then it's ok too.. Dustin Johnson also does that and hits a mile..
And they were right that u r casting(out to in downswing)cos u need to clear ur hips more on the downswing then the club will come in from the inside.
If you noticed, your head comes up fairly quickly after the shot becos when your hips dun clear before your hands, thus u get stuck slightly on the follow thru.. So the upper body is unable to turn around your body in time.

But hey, if u can strike your ball consistently with this swing, everyone will keep quiet and just watch .. Haha
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. Will keep that in mind the next time I hit the range. Hopefully will post another link sometime soon to get further feedback. Cheers !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments   My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My golf swing analysis for your feedback/comments
Page 1 of 1