Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is "Call On"?

Go down 
+8
WY
andrew-golf
haragolfer
Sutos101
kenneth18
GPRO-Ricky Cheng
TheFocalPoint
EastCoastHack
12 posters
AuthorMessage
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 am

I've seen a sign at a few of the holes on the NSRCC EC that you must "Call On."

What does that mean and what is the purpose? Some pace-of-play thing?

Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:45 am

It means make sure your phone is turned on, in case someone in GR wants to contact you regarding your WTS item.
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 am

Smile. But I'm the freak who has more than 20 posts and never actually had any WTS items.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 am

Haghahahaaa just kidding lah..

It means, when all your flightmates' balls have arrived on the green, mark them (preferably with coins, not leaves or stones), and move to the side and gesture for the next flight behind you to hit. Normally this is for Par 3s.
When all the players in the flight behind yours have taken their tee shots, you can then proceed to putt out while they are making their way to the green or wherever their individual tee shots have unfortunately landed up in..
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:11 am

So... the presumption is the flight behind is a bunch of hacks and won't hit the green from the tee on a Par 3? Otherwise their balls would be littering the green. Would one then mark their balls, putt out, and replace them?

Sounds silly... but thanks for the info!

Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:16 am

Your presumption doesn't hold. Their balls littering the green just means that they are better golfers than you guys are, and you should probably let them play through.. muahahhaa!

If any of their balls are impeding your line to the hole, you are definitely free to mark THAT ball (maybe even shift the marker) and then putt out. Of course, do replace the ball and/or marker for him/her as a form of courtesy.
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 am

Good info. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
GPRO-Ricky Cheng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 am

nice infor
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:46 am

Useful info as a recap/reminder, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sutos101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:03 pm

What if the golfer behind hit the ball in the water right in front of the green? Do we have to wait for him / her to reload?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Actually, in singapore, i have almost never been called on. I do offer to call on waiting flights whenever i see one. And usually, get waved to play on without calling on.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 4:27 pm

once they teed off,

even if they went into water, miss the green, or went into hazard.. they have to wait till the front flight finished before getting their ball onto the green.

Once done that, they have to mark their ball, and let the next flight "call on"

Cheers

Andrew
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Sutos101 wrote:
What if the golfer behind hit the ball in the water right in front of the green? Do we have to wait for him / her to reload?

There should be a drop zone near the water hazard and the player should play the 3rd shot from the drop zone. There is no possibility of "reloading" from the tee (unless the water hazatd is also OB).
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm

what he meant was he normally hit his 3rd shot again from the tee box... hence reload..
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Hello Andrew-Golf - Thanks for the great clarfications about call on.

"Reloading" from tee after ball enters water hazard must be a local rule.

Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Actually. No. Water hazards always allow for re tee up. It is a variation of the unplayable ball rule. Take a penalty shot and play from last position. But.... Verify with google nor aomething.
Back to top Go down
WY
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks. Looks like playing from drop zone is a local rule.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

WY wrote:
Thanks. Looks like playing from drop zone is a local rule.
I think this rules applied to most water hazards in most clubs to speed up playing.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 pm

i just heard that if ball goes to water and we can re tee off. what i know if after tee off, ball goes to water, then go to drop zone, not re tee off.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:09 pm

audi wrote:
i just heard that if ball goes to water and we can re tee off. what i know if after tee off, ball goes to water, then go to drop zone, not re tee off.
Yes u can choose to go drop zone but if a par 3?? u'll be playing for 5 from drop zone.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:49 pm

audi wrote:

correct. not just at Tee box. even 2nd shot.

if you have watched Tin cup, he insisted on dropping the ball to take another shot to cross the water with his 3 wood after his 2nd shot fall short and fail to clear the hazard. he keep trying till he lost the tournament.

Back to top Go down
Sutos101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 am

I know if you hit into the water either drop it as water hazard or reload. Should a golfer choose to reload off the tee, is 'call on' still valid?
Back to top Go down
jdyap
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Good question and info! I play in NSRCC from time to time and I often wondered what it meant. That process did cross my mind but I didn't know it was called "Call On". Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is "Call On"? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is "Call On"?   What is "Call On"? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is "Call On"?
Page 1 of 1