Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?

Go down 
+5
goh.YF.52
Newtogolf
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
Turbo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? Empty
PostSubject: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:39 am

Ladies and gentlemen,

Is golf swing supposed to be ...

1) More body;
2) Only body;
3) More handsy;
4) Only hands; OR
5) Both hands and body movements ??

Tell us what swing method you adopt ...

Swing

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 am

I think you'll need a combination of both for distance and accuracy.

As far as I know (which is very little btw), body gets you power and rhythm while hands gets you the accuracy since you'll need to square the clubhead right before impact (and add on to the smash factor).

Unfortunately, I'm too handsy with my swing which gives me a loss of distance but I'm a bit more accurate IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am

I think I use both hands and body. But after I've seen videos of my swing; what I think I do and what I actually do are 2 different things.

My swing video of what I'm doing, actually suggests that I should pick up a new hobby.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

Still working on that uncoiling movement with my waist and less movement from my hands...
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 am

depends on what shot i am going to hit, normally a easy swing may look like a pitch shot even when i am using 5i which normally fade about 150m. On a full swing, hands and body are used and more muscles activated means more area of mistakes so i would use on my driver which has more sweet spot.
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
I think I use both hands and body. But after I've seen videos of my swing; what I think I do and what I actually do are 2 different things.

My swing video of what I'm doing, actually suggests that I should pick up a new hobby.

I heard that muff diving is quite a good option. Doesn't require hands or body.

Many Thanks.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:

but when I play with you, i hear the compression of the ball off the tuff and club face...all I can do is affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Master wrote:

I heard that muff diving is quite a good option. Doesn't require hands or body.

Many Thanks.

You would require hands, or fingers at least.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:48 pm

just wondering if knowing (or consciously thinking about) how you make your swing will help or hurt ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?   Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supposed to be more body or more handsy or both?
Page 1 of 1