Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam

Go down 
+22
darren.loo
outlander
sim.t.lim
tronos
kix
iron eagle
poresia
kamen
unfinished
Technospaz
andytath
and68low
BigblackGoof
XD1293
beehome
TheFocalPoint
shamusan
enwee
thejoy
christy2211
andrew-golf
chien
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam Empty
PostSubject: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 pm

All of us have a rather good idea of ranges we won't go..

And close to our hearts (or stomachs) is the cafe we dislike most..

As my buddies know, when I don't know what to eat, I will just order chicken rice.. How difficult can it be right? Especially when it's Singapore's favorite hawker centre dish... But, one occasion at a well known canteen in the East, did they not serve the all important dark sauce and chili, I was asked to take it myself at a serving table at the side...

Self service canteen now... hmmm... So besides chill sauce which they didn't serve with my dish, I had to take my own wet towels and ask for the tap water... Somebody even commented its "shit" cos there were birds droppings all over the place..

Did I even mention about their pricing...?

This canteen must be my top of the list...

Laughing

Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Dont go lor...

Back to top Go down
christy2211
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
christy2211

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Canopy Cafe at Marina Bay has a great view, but like most other places with a great view, the food and service could be a lot better.
Back to top Go down
thejoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 10:10 pm

NSRCC Changi.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Marina bay is the worst...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:01 pm

I totally agree....

Had a great golf game with a MD of a company at mbgc.. As it was raining, we decided out of convenience to have a quick lunch there...

After seated for 10 minutes, we noticed nobody bothered to come over our table to serve us our menu nor wet towels.. We asked one of the staff, he pointed to the counter, and said to order there....

What?.. Now not only they don't serve free tap water, we actually have to queue up at the counter to order our food??? Hmmm, just like in food court... We immediately stood up and left the canteen...

Considering the prices, this must be the crappiest golf canteen !!!

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:02 pm

chien wrote:
I totally agree....

Had a great golf game with a MD of a company at mbgc.. As it was raining, we decided out of convenience to have a quick lunch there...

After seated for 10 minutes, we noticed nobody bothered to come over our table to serve us our menu nor wet towels.. We asked one of the staff, he pointed to the counter, and said to order there....

What?.. Now not only they don't serve free tap water, we actually have to queue up at the counter to order our food??? Hmmm, just like in food court... We immediately stood up and left the canteen...

Chien, I ask for water once. The answer given to me was this is a public course everything need to pay...... HELP
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:12 pm

i think the worst is laguna... you are not even allowed to sit if you are not a member... you will be asked to leave the cafe and wait in the lobby till the member arrives
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Worst : NSRCC Changi.

Best : TMCC. Sat at a table this morning after a round at Gardens and Emeritus SM Goh Chok Tong was on the table beside me. Very nice man. The fish head curry we had was recommended by him.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:34 am

Somebody even commented its "shit" cos there were birds droppings all over the place..

[/quote]

nice to know tt u still remember me. Very Happy

this cantina seems to b a memorable one.
Back to top Go down
XD1293
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:43 am

Worst : nsrcc changi.

Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 am

chien wrote:
I totally agree....

Hands up.... MGBC is the worst!

I refused to dine at that place anymore....

I like the service in RCC... cordial, friendly and well food is quite good.
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:14 am

I hope Choo W K read this ! MBGC canteen Canopy is the worst ..... wonder who runs or own it ??
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 10:14 am

BigblackGoof wrote:
chien wrote:
I totally agree....

+1. not only food ex, the service also very slow.
Back to top Go down
andytath
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andytath

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am

enwee wrote:
BigblackGoof wrote:
chien wrote:
I totally agree....

+1. not only food ex, the service also very slow.

No doubt about it. The worst...MBGC
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:43 pm

I will admit that MBGC is slow but I think their food is not too bad, understanding that this is a public golf course (not members' only) so it's a bit on the pricier end. You're also paying for the view which, needless to say, is quite stunning especially in the evenings.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:16 pm

enwee wrote:
chien wrote:
I totally agree....

Chien, I ask for water once. The answer given to me was this is a public course everything need to pay...... HELP

I think it's ludicrous that a sports venue do not have water cooler or provide tap water FOC to its users.

It doesn't cost them much to install a cooler. Would they rather somebody get heatstroke out in the sun and as result negative publicity starts to tarnish their image, or they simply don't give a damn.. I understand it's a public golf course, but the green fees are not public pricing.. At $88 per game it is not that dirt cheap.. In US, the $40 public golf courses have chilled water point FOC on the course itself.

Yes, I hope whoever is in charged of MBGC read all these comments..

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Chien, comparing golf courses between Singapore and the US is akin to comparing golf shopping between Singapore and the US. Worlds apart, my friend, and in so many ways.

I'm not suggesting that MBGC is top notch but for what it's worth, it's tolerable. Just come prepared, both mentally and H2O-wise Smile
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Chien, comparing golf courses between Singapore and the US is akin to comparing golf shopping between Singapore and the US. Worlds apart, my friend, and in so many ways.

I'm not suggesting that MBGC is top notch but for what it's worth, it's tolerable. Just come prepared, both mentally and H2O-wise Smile

Indeed it is mate, unfortunately..

But the concept of "public golf course" should not be restricted to just public usage, it must also fulfill the purpose of serving the public...

How about a public swimming pool not having shower rooms or lockers ?? You wanna come swim you go home and bathe !??? Haaaa....
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:11 pm

bro chien, still sore huh. Some things in memory are hard to go away.Smile 
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Hahaha..

Not sore la.. Just very adamant that ALL golf courses (whether public or private) should provide golfers with adequate hydration facilities FOC... (and i don't mean toilet taps.. ) Laughing 

Back to top Go down
unfinished
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Generally, people in Singapore are more driven to make money, than to provide service in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Can't blame them, local consumers have allowed them to get away with it for years. Wonder why? silent 
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 pm

r u aware that at mbgc, only golfers r allowed to use their showers? or else u have to pay!!!
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:50 pm

shamusan wrote:
i think the worst is laguna... you are not even allowed to sit if you are not a member... you will be asked to leave the cafe and wait in the lobby till the member arrives

That's b'cos they are rich enough not to have your business
that's why they are u to leave or asked member to bring you in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam   Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote: Worst Golf Course Cafe/Canteen/Kopitiam
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next