Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!

Go down 
+5
iron eagle
scottycollector
Derek
alvin7379
buweeza
9 posters
AuthorMessage
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! Empty
PostSubject: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am

Played with my brother and cousin at Palm Resort over the weekend. As usual my driver was giving me problems so I was happy tee-ing off with my Tits (712 CB).

Just after impact I heard a very strange sound and saw "two balls" flying down the fairway. The one that flew further was glimmering under the sunlight.

Question: Iron head landed further than the ball = good iron stroke?

Real question: I assume that this is covered under golf insurance as equipment damage through normal use right?
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 am

Bro.. you can claim insurance.. but your insurance has an excess clause. Usually in the hundreds. If it is just a matter of changing a new shaft and re-fix back the iron head.. I think you are better off sending it to a club fitter and pay from your own pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Alvin is right about the excess. Most standard golf insurance have excess clauses for Malaysia which are pretty high (above $250 or in some cases $500).

Even the premium golf insurance under MGK which has lower excess for damage within Singapore, i.e. $50, has excess of $250 for Malaysia. (You have to top up $20 on top of ordinary membership price)

However, there appears to be no way to verify the geographical location of where you damaged your club, so ......

MY 2 cents is that if you are going to get golf insurance, pay a little more for the lower excess. Even if there are geographic restrictions, for damaged clubs, no real issue. Of course for lost clubs, where u need a report for the club you played at, that is a different story altogether
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm

I think if head flew further than ball it probably means u topped the shot. Sorry to burst ur bubble Smile cos if struck well, the force will be transferred onto the ball which will then fly further than the head which has given up its energy.

Anyway I think the insurance does have a way to verify in that they can call the Club to verify. U r supposed to report the damage to the club at which it occurred. AlternatIvely u can claim through the golf course's insurance rather than ur own
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Today iron and driver are so affordable no need to claim, all the hassle
and questioning by the Insurance company, for me I'll just forget it!
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 pm

I broke most of my iron shafts (NSPro 950) and got it replaced at Far East shopping center. I claimed $250/club and after excess I still get back $150/club. Make sure you have supporting letter from the club and must tell the fitter you are claiming insurance so that he prepare a proper invoice for you.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 pm

iron eagle wrote:
Today iron and driver are so affordable no need to claim, all the hassle
and questioning by the Insurance company, for me I'll just forget it!
Shocked Money is money Shocked

Can claim better claim....

Its money after all~ Laughing
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:48 am

It really depends on the amount of repair/replacement, and then minus the excess... If you are still able to claim more than $100, i think its ok to go through the trouble...
If after excess, you only can claim $50...really not worth the trouble liao, unless the insurance can allow you to claim online.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 am

Angchug wrote:
I broke most of my iron shafts (NSPro 950) and got it replaced at Far East shopping center. I claimed $250/club and after excess I still get back $150/club. Make sure you have supporting letter from the club and must tell the fitter you are claiming insurance so that he prepare a proper invoice for you.

Bro... your NSPro 950 cost you $250/ club!?!?

eh.... which fitter is this ah... Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am

why the irons so expensive????????????
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Angchug wrote:

Bro... your NSPro 950 cost you $250/ club!?!?

eh.... which fitter is this ah... Suspect

Oops..... silent
Pi chia lobang liao! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!   4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4-Iron head came lose flew almost 100m no kidding!
Page 1 of 1