Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?

Go down 
+2
skitter
eqtrend
6 posters
AuthorMessage
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? Empty
PostSubject: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm

After reading (mostly internet) review... it seems Endo and Geotech are two forging house for most Japanese OEM brand..

Trying to get more info about GeoTech (as they produce their own brand)... seemed their web page is mostly Japanese (yes already tried to translate and did not help)

Anybody has more info on this brand?

thx
eqtrend
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Have anybody played GeoTech iron (forged) before? if so how does it feel compare to say mizuno or Epon ??
Back to top Go down
skitter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
skitter

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Supposedly by Tom Wishon

-quote-

GeoTech is a Japanese based component company that is owned fully by one of the largest of the clubhead investment casting factories in the world named Dynamic Precision Casting Corp. Dynamic is also the oldest of all the Asian based clubhead production companies, having started in 1972, and is presently ranked either 4th or 5th largest in the world in their production output - around 4 million heads produced for many different golf companies all around the world. From 1981 to 1989, Dynamic owned 50% of Dynacraft Golf Products Inc - the company I served as president of from 86 to 93 that recently folded and was bought out by Hireko. It was during this time I was with Dynacraft that the owner of Dynamic saw potential for starting a component company in Japan, and thus founded GeoTech. At present, I believe GeoTech is the largest of the few Japanese component companies. Dynamic designs and makes most of their clubhead models, so the quality of the head models that GeoTech offers is very good. FYI, Dynamic is one of the largest suppliers of heads to Taylor Made, Wilson and several other OEMs in the US so they know their craft and have been very successful in the field for a long time.

-unquote-
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:04 pm

eqtrend wrote:
Have anybody played GeoTech iron (forged) before? if so how does it feel compare to say mizuno or Epon ??

sorry nvr played w geotechs before but heres a recent 2012 review on their Prototype RF700 Forged cavity back masquerading as as a CNC muscle back
http://www.golftoimpress.com/geotech-prototype-rf700-forged-review/
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:22 pm

i have geotech n16 prototype. it is soft, just like what you expect from japanese forged club. which model are you looking for? mine is the plain iron set. it is for sale btw.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:41 pm

you can google Dynamic Precision Casting Corp.....its is a taiwan based company. i have met some of their designers in a factory visit years ago and some are japanese, others are not......ask yourself again.....where is taylormade made? Japan, i don't think so......

here're the links.

Dynamic Precision Casting

Dynamic Precision Casting Co Info

now why would Mr Wishon wants to say its Japanese????

However its true that Geotech is a Japan based component company. but the owner is not Japanese and certainly not every product is made where its based. Most club manufacturer in PRC knows that.

i have several sets of Geotech which i purchase from the factory which it was made and this was purchase with the approval of Geotech executives after an exhibition in China.

recently there were big fiasco about MIC products masquerading as MIJ. i hope this will not have the same effect of a blowup.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:30 am

yes, it is a japanese company based in taiwan.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

tourspecgolf has a lot of geotech irons. try browsing it bro eqtrend
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 am

Thx Audi,

Dont think i have game to play blade
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 am

audi wrote:
yes, it is a japanese company based in taiwan.

its a taiwanese company based in japan.....the boss is taiwanese and its listed on the taiwan stock exchange. it started as a golfworks wannabe in Japan and have since grown.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 am

oops sorry my bad Laughing
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:50 am

The 2012 RF700 is drool worthy..maybe tempted to get it for my second set after the fish sticks haha...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?   Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese GeoTech Iron head info pls?
Page 1 of 1