Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method

Go down 
+15
DRGjr72
Turbo
Happy Feet
pushslice
gnorij
Slicer51
costajos
michaelcheah
dodi101
golfjunkie
TourSwing
jamezponk
angyongshen
mattpro0796
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 am

Transition & Forward movement

In other methods being taught, the golfer, at the top of his swing would have moved off his original position at setup in the hope to create 'load up' or 'coil' to enhance the feeling of power. However, this movement in many golfers will only succeed in hindering the golfers ability to return to the ball hence relying a lot on timing and rhythm, which unless practiced is impractical to re-create consistently over the duration of a game of golf.

In the Right Sided Golf Swing, the golfer rotates in a direction that does not influence his capability to keep in his setup position or as mentioned above the reverse K. Therefore in this position at the top of the backswing it is simple to return the club on the correct path given the golfer maintains his set wrist angles needed to deliver the face of the club square to the target and produce a straight flighted ball.
Back to top Go down
http://academyofgolf.com.sg
michaelcheah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michaelcheah

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 am

Hi Mattpro: Thanks for sharing so passionately about RSS and I must say that trying the RSS at the range and course, it is easier and provided more consistency with my iron play.

For the driver and woods, with the ball position more front, how do we maintain the wrist angle with the right hand? I am really keen to understand how to setup the to have the RSS consistently with longer woods.
Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Hey Bro Michael,

Sorry for the late reply I've had many things to do recently and hadn't seen this post.......!!!

There's no difference in the RSS swing between driver and Iron.

Check out this RSS vid by me predecessor I HIT IT

Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:59 pm

If you feel you can't get the correct angle in the right wrist - it probably means your body angles are quite correct and unable to reach the forward ball position without straightening your right arm and of course your right wrist.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Matt, I saw a young girl practising RS swing in OCC last nite. I noticed her swing was a little flat for both irons and woods ... The shaft was below her right shoulder at the top of the swing. Based on this description, was she executing the RS swing correctly?

However, she was quite consistent as she was able to airborne the ball to a reasonable distance considering she is only a petite teenager.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 10:27 am

A analysis of Peter Senior's swing.

Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:17 pm

I would ignore this swing analysis as it's clearly old footage and before Pete Senior started with Gary Edwin.....

This is not the RSS Swing

Thanks
Back to top Go down
keithlim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:17 pm

I was browsing through this thread and found it quite interesting. Wondering how to get started and saw this video which is pretty informative about the technique. Gonna give it a go at my next range session!

@matt: appreciate your passion and patience!

p.s yes the video is 20+ min long affraid

Back to top Go down
michaelcheah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
michaelcheah

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 pm

@mattpro: What a great position the irons vs drivers ... love it Very Happy

Have a Happy New Year all!!
Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Short Game...

The short game is often overlooked when it comes to the RSS method and people seem to think it's just a model for full swings!??

When it comes to the short game, many golfers I see make simple mistakes. I major aspect of this discipline of golf is to understand some basic principles, true loft, wrist angles and possibly most important is shot and club selection. In theory the short game area would include the following clubs, lob wedge (60'), sand iron (56') then pitching wedge through to 7 iron and of course putter.

As seen in the swing sequence pictures, the 'chip shot' sets up in much the same look as the full swing and in fact carries many similar principles. It most cases I instruct my beginner students to start their golfing with this shot to grasp fundamentals such as grip, posture and sequence. In most cases of a poor chipping action, golfers will use either too much wrist or none at all leading to inconsistent connection with the ball and ground surface.

Every golf club has been manufactured with certain degrees of loft that incrementally alter by four degrees. After being instructed which clubs and loft are best for all scenarios around the green then he can 'read' the greens and asses the shots possible outcome much like putting.
Back to top Go down
mattpro0796
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
mattpro0796

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:21 pm

BEFORE and AFTER videos will be uploaded soon.

So you can see why the RSS swing CAN change your swing.

If yours doesn't work try ours!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method   The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Right Sided Swing Explained - Gary Edwin Coaching Method
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3