Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Semi Silicon tee

Go down 
+3
dodi101
cybermambo
angyongshen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:59 am

Anyone happen to chance upon this tee before? I only have one piece and would like to acquire some spares before the inevitable happens. Checked all pro-shops that I come across and no luck. Likewise for online shops. TIA.

Semi Silicon tee Img-2011
Back to top Go down
cybermambo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 am

was at far east shopping center and there's a lot of these silicon tees.
i dont use them though, any big difference compared to cheap plastic tees?
Back to top Go down
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Are these semi silicon tee good to use ? shop seller offer these silicon tee to me and they dun come cheap !

Any users to give advise...Thks !
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:18 pm

My advice? Go for wood.

Something about plastic tees that irk me is that they take 500 years to rot. Now don't mistake me as a tree-hugger. But I don't really like the idea of:
- Tee off!
- *whack*
- Where's my tee? Oh half of it is embedded in the ground, the other half is 1m away
- Pick the other half, walk off

I personally opt for wooden tees only.
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:38 pm

thanks for the inputs, will certainly check out far east when i have the chance. Seldom go there for my golfing needs as I always imagine that place to be for expats and foreigners with their pricing to match.

As for the preference for this, not sure if it just me. But I like to tilt the ball a little backwards when I tee. Most of the plastic/wooden tees that I use don't really allow me to do so. Not sure what kind of effects it has on the ball or the drive. Its just personal preference I guess.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:40 pm

I did not know whether this tee is new in market. A American friend gave me a piece and it work fine. You need to tee the ball toward the target. I think this is the only type of tee you can do that. This is call "Martini tees"

http://www.martinigolftees.com/video.php

[img]Semi Silicon tee Img-2013[/img]

[img]Semi Silicon tee Img-2014[/img]
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:43 pm

I am using this type of tee now. I think it is call " 3 yards more" or "4 yards more" tee. I do not know whether it is available in Singapore. I recommend this tee ...

[img]Semi Silicon tee Img-2015[/img]
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
I am using this type of tee now. I think it is call " 3 yards more" or "4 yards more" tee. I do not know whether it is available in Singapore. I recommend this tee ...

[img]Semi Silicon tee Img-2015[/img]

Was looking for these some tme ago.

Bought mine at occ pro shop for < $10 per pac wth 3 pcs (blue tip)

Still using them, dam lasting and easy to use.

http://www.4yardsmore.com/how.html

Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
I did not know whether this tee is new in market. A American friend gave me a piece and it work fine. You need to tee the ball toward the target. I think this is the only type of tee you can do that. This is call "Martini tees"

http://www.martinigolftees.com/video.php

[img]Semi Silicon tee Img-2013[/img]

[img]Semi Silicon tee Img-2014[/img]

Nice, thanks for the tip. Just made an order for a pack of 5 to try it out. Beer
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Newtogolf wrote:
My advice? Go for wood.

Something about plastic tees that irk me is that they take 500 years to rot. Now don't mistake me as a tree-hugger. But I don't really like the idea of:
- Tee off!
- *whack*
- Where's my tee? Oh half of it is embedded in the ground, the other half is 1m away
- Pick the other half, walk off

I personally opt for wooden tees only.

U got a point there re. plastic tees not being bio-degradeable ... on the other hand one plastic tee can last many rounds of golf (esp buying the better n generally more expensive ones where u will definitely try not to lose vs the many wooden tees easily broken and the need to chop down more trees to make more wooden tees ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Semi Silicon tee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Semi Silicon tee   Semi Silicon tee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi Silicon tee
Page 1 of 1