Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of plastic silicon belts

Go down 
+15
Fore-Fore
enwee
youming
chanwk
ahnah
TheFocalPoint
hillgreen
Groo111
ralphlim
shimizu.toruk
Derek
navik
Newtogolf
hammy
timang84
19 posters
AuthorMessage
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

Review of plastic silicon belts  Empty
PostSubject: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi All,

Wish find out from all whether is there any diff between 50six belts and the ons listed in this ebay sale by golfytoyssg. The price differential is quite big, is there a big diff in quality?

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/1-WTS-NEW-Multi-Coloured-Silicon-Belts-/280828717258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item4162b228ca#ht_500wt_1156
Back to top Go down
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I don't own the expensive ones but I have 2 no-branded ones bought from a nite-market in the Philippinese at 100pesos each. That is Sing 3.50 thereabouts per belt.

I thought so cheap probably wear them once or twice and even if it breaks, so be it. I have since worn one of them about 5 times and they are still as good as new. I walked into NSRCC pro shop recently and saw the same belt (same color and design) but in a nice box selling for over Sing $80.00.

Maybe the $80 belt is branded or is made from some better material but if you ask me, silicon is silicon.

Just my 2 cents..

Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Actually, what's the diff between Silicon and Rubber Belts?

Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm

The 50six belt is soft silicone, I had another $12 belt that is made from a more tough-rubbery silicone, but what totally turned me off was the smell.... bubblegum which would not go away no matter how many times i washed the belt
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi Navik,

The bubblegum smell goes away after repeated use ... approx 2 months
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 pm

eh too late, i threw it away cos it was making the whole cupboard smell haha
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Dunno about you guys, but the $12 dollar silicon belt with plastic buckle being sold at John Little works for me...

Beware when you buy the red belt though...it smells like strawberry!! (or izzit the bubblegum smell that Bro navik was talking about...)...

...The last time I wore it to office, I got funny looks from my colleagues Razz
Back to top Go down
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:44 pm

My $3 belt smells too like strawberry or is it vanilla. But I think it is normal. For those of you who are familar with dive watches, there is ISOFRANE, a expensive brand of rubber/silicon strap that's very popular with dive watches enthusiasts. ISOFRANE smells like strawberry/vanilla too.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 pm

I bought 4 of these silicon belts from Shenzhen Luo Wu market for CNY100 (which is approx 20 bucks for 4), they also have the bubble gum smell but looks exactly like the 50six which i have... works just fine but got the smell

I hope the bubblegum smell go away like what Derek advice...

I think the reason they have it could be as an additive to mask any weird smells which was on the belt during their low cost-cheapo production??
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I bought one gf the eBay website. not bad no smell but bit too big. Anyone has a belt hole puncher to lend?
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 pm

i think you can detach the buckle and trim the excess length, dun need to punch hole
Back to top Go down
Groo111
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 pm

I have been using 56 all this while. The quality imho is great. No smell, dun turn sticky & thick + elastic. The belt grip my pants so that the polo T dun come out when I swing.

Think it's value for $. Very Happy

timang84 wrote:
Hi All,

Wish find out from all whether is there any diff between 50six belts and the ons listed in this ebay sale by golfytoyssg. The price differential is quite big, is there a big diff in quality?

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/1-WTS-NEW-Multi-Coloured-Silicon-Belts-/280828717258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item4162b228ca#ht_500wt_1156
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Yup, agreed. 56 belts has this softer feel that grip the pants firm enuf so that yr belt do not turn sideway after yr game. Got a few and used it for months already, still in great condition..

This brand not bad..
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:53 pm

I LOVEEE that bubble gum smell!!!!
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm digging this thread out ...

Just an Update. the Ebay link is no longer working ... reason... due to rubber the item has been remove !

LOlz
Back to top Go down
chanwk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 pm

So anyone knows where to buy now? Am looking for white colour one.
Back to top Go down
youming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 pm

I have seen it at JB some Giant, they are sale at RM10.00, but look at the quality is not that good. Of cause, the price also very cheap.

YM

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:18 pm

if you want tie up? get from transview lor...alternative there are some cheap one in FESC
Back to top Go down
chanwk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:54 pm

enwee wrote:
if you want tie up? get from transview lor...alternative there are some cheap one in FESC

Ok... Will go and take a look. Thks.
Back to top Go down
Fore-Fore
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Fore-Fore

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm

chanwk wrote:
So anyone knows where to buy now? Am looking for white colour one.

Saw afew sellers selling the silicon belts in yahoo gmarket, can check it out. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
onime

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 pm

gmarket - cheap and gd!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

i have a few of these belts, different colors (so can switch buckles around) bought locally from GolfToys see http://www.golftoys.sg/belts.html
No smell ... A couple of the buckles broke due to my strong pull to tighten belt and it was replaced .. Nowadays I tend to wear leather belts w steel buckles for fear of buckle breaking whilst at golf course LOL! siliconphobia! Anywayz its great as a fashion statement and also when u get drenched in a downpour!
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 pm

I kena buckle broke at 1st tee box n whole game was screwed as v difficult to golf with pants dropping.

Now I bring extra belt but put in locker just in case.
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

wow....quite worrying to see them breaking sometimes, heading to thailand this weekend so maybe drop by thaniya to pick some up. i know platinum mall sells them too but worried bout the quality.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:05 am

onime wrote:
gmarket - cheap and gd!

This one ?

http://list.qoo10.com.sg/item/MOST-POPULAR-UNISEX-SILICON-BELT/406260884

http://list.qoo10.com.sg/item/GOOD-QUALITY-SILICONE-UNISEX-FASHION/405829146

http://list.qoo10.com.sg/item/TAIWANKOREA-MSQUEEN-G233-LATEST-TRENDY-COLOUR/405525660
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of plastic silicon belts    Review of plastic silicon belts  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of plastic silicon belts
Page 1 of 1