Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

are cameras allowed at open??

Go down 
+7
Victor3112
sunny
Mizuno
missmoon
daveaha
Technospaz
chocoman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

are cameras allowed at open?? Empty
PostSubject: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:42 am

thinking of bringing my elite camera and my mid zoom to shoot .

Swing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 am

chocoman wrote:

Swing

If you get shot in the process, can I take your camera?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:47 am

Technospaz wrote:
chocoman wrote:

Swing

If you get shot in the process, can I take your camera?

War
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:48 am

take from FAR FAR away and zoom in can or not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:48 am

On serious note, are we allowed to bring your cellphone ? As most phones nowadays are built in with the camera....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:50 am

I recall reading somewhere that phones are not allowed but I think we can bring them in, just have them on silent. If the phone goes off, I'm sure it would be very embarrassing for the spectator.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:52 am

if answer is no.

u think ck able to get me a media pass? i trade my super vip tickets.

anyway i spoke to a lady ( 68200308) from the tournament office..

'cameras allowed in the course. if u r seen using them, you'd be told to put it in the bag.'

other public areas.. no problem.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:53 am

and i asked

' would u confiscate anyone seen using camera'

answer " no. we dun have enough lockers to take away all the cameras" Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:09 pm

I had used camera in the past 2 years in this event, kenna twice warnings Razz

if u have a camera that goes click click click while the "Silent" sign board is up.... definitely a NO NO especially if you are within 50m-70m of the player addressing/swinging. You can use recording mode silently without being seen with the classic "taking picture" posture (such as with the camera hanging around your chest or belly. I think the marshals usually would go nutz when they see cameras near the players... :O

I encountered one helper just anyhow stopped people as long as he saw people raised camera above the neck level, even I was far away using zoom (taking Lam CB swing).

But at the range, so far ok. You have to check the daily tee schedule of your idol players and go to the range 1+ hr and hopefully he would be there swinging.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 pm

You can get evicted from the course
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:14 pm

How about camcorder?
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Victor3112 wrote:
How about camcorder?

Camcorder with the zooming lens "whiz whiz" sounds... you are testing the delicate ears of the marshals...

But once I did try recording at my belly level with a marshal standing nearby.... Razz

If your camcorder had super super zoom... stand on the hill far away taking should be 95% fine (except if there is super-siao-on marshal zooming on you)...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:30 pm

I guess we just have to use our common sense and don't disturb the players when they play.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:42 pm

wah.. best just not to take the risk and just snap pictures of them at the range lor.. high profile event like this marshals will not hesitate to throw you and the camera out! haha

i'm still bringing mine! Razz
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 pm

It also shows the bad side of Sg to the rest of the world on spectator etiquette.

This event is shown live here in US and if we keep seeing the caddies and marshals telling people to keep quiet or put their cameras away, it just shows we do not know how to behave at a pro golf tournament.

Another peeve is that I cringe everytime I watch a Sg golf event on TV and u can hear hps goin off in the background.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:56 pm

I think Pro tournaments are generally new to SG, and Asia if i can say so... I think Audiences or spectators need to be educated. The sad thing is..this wud take time.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Maybe we can ask the marshall or the volunteer to have 2 sign board...#1 the SOP 'Silence PLS'...and #2 'Picture Time'....

disclaimer: Just a radical thought...since I quite mountain tortoise
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm

You would think so Nientsu but we already had big names back in the early 90s when the likes of Greg Norman, Nick Faldo, Fred Couples, John Daly, Ernie Els and Monty grace our shores. Is it still too soon to learn after almost 20 years?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:08 pm

I wonder if I can bring my camera with zoom lens and just stand far away to take. Hopefully, no one is going to scream at me.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:12 pm

If you don't venture onto the course but stay ard the clubhouse, I don't think its that bad.

However, most people in Sg lack common sense. At the HSBC this year, 1 crazy bugger was snapping away frantically right in front of Lorena on 1 of the teeboxes about 6 feet away. She and her caddie stared at the offender with eyes like darts till he quietly put the cam down.

People will never learn until drastic measures are taken.

EDIT: I just remembered Serapong is on the other side of the clubhouse. Mebbe stay ard the 18th or something.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:38 pm

i will bring my kamela and shoot ard club house...

and the two finishing holes from the stand. if i can get media pass.... i bring in and shoot la.

if cannot. i keep inside my bag.. in the course.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:48 pm

chocoman wrote:
i will bring my kamela and shoot ard club house...

and the two finishing holes from the stand. if i can get media pass.... i bring in and shoot la.

if cannot. i keep inside my bag.. in the course.

Very Happy

If you keep it in your pocket, turn the camera off.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:49 pm

simi talk u??

mid zoom how to go into my pocket?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are cameras allowed at open??   are cameras allowed at open?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

are cameras allowed at open??
Page 1 of 1