Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats

Go down 
+29
Khorkar
zakevich
pushslice
slash
LousyGolfer
Technospaz
9points
nutty88
ttkm
dtan
simoner
Duval_S
Newtogolf
robert33
TDO
jaketang
Begbie
pocketace
peace2903
ChrisD
Cyp_PGA
chien
enwee
jeffman88
Happy Feet
neutralgolfer
kg7068
andrew-golf
wolverine
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 7:55 pm

TDO wrote:
I took part in U Live Golf Challenge at OCC last Friday. And you know what, the champion in A Division for Hcp 1 to 18 scored 49 Stableford points. Technically, that means that bugger played 13 under his handicap. Shocked Slow clap around when it was announced. Mad
This type of things always happened lah, abt 1 year ago, played in SGA X'mas medal in TMCC Tampines, div b 19-14 hcp, winner come back with 42 or 45 pts. Honestly this course I played 2-3 times for hcp 19-24, getting par is already a good thing and let alone a birdie. With such score he/she need at least 2-3 birdies. Btw the winner hcp is not 19 but 24......
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:09 pm

ChrisD wrote:
TDO,

49 is small matter Liao last year winner was 52 points, runner up was 49 points. Got improvement already.
I will normally go up to the winner and congratulate him/her.
What a beauty game u have played. 13 under for a game and ask him how did he do it when even the pros having difficulty in doing so

Bro ChrisD, this is Div A I am talking about which is for Hcp 1 to 18. Shocked Div B is for Hcp 19 to 24.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Buaya are every where, not restricted to SIN and Malaysia only.

I played in a tournament in Hua Hin last which has participants from SIN, Malaysia, Thailand and Europeans. The winner was a 24-handicapper who scored [b]45[/b] stableford points!

So I guess System 36 stableford is still a better system even though it favours stronger players. Played in a charity event in Warren this year and the 1st and 2nd place scored 39 points based on System 36. Kudos and respect to them! coz they played well to deserve it.
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I have seen enough this and that is why i try not to take part in this kind of tournament
anymore....with that kind of score they are better then Pro.

Can someone suggest a way to shame this Buayas and Cheats on the spot.

We have to bring back the integrity of the Gentleman Game.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:12 pm

take their photo and post here.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Happy Feet wrote:
Then GRians will be no different from Stompards.

How about a demerit point system for golfers who under/overdeclare their handicap?

and those who score unbelivable scores in tournaments will be subjected to a simple test.... 10 balls, 80 yards, 1 target flag, and at least 8 shots must come at least 2 feet to the target flag.

If the person can't duplicate this, his prizes will be publicly forfeited.
Back to top Go down
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 pm

8 out of 10 balls Within 2 feet ? Haha. Wow .... Doubt even tiger can do that. Don't think I can get even 1 out of 20 balls within 2 feet.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am

The pencil is mightier than the golf clubs!

I have been through a lot of charity and corporate tournaments, and have seen the fair share of shameless buaya and buayees. The most memorable was a tournament hosted by either NTUC or MGK many years back. The winner was a lady with a 36 handicap who came in stableford point of 54!!!!! That literally means a net birdie on every f**king hole. Needless to say, she got quite a lot cheers and jeers. Totally shameless.
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 am

And not to mention the most recent MGK event at IOI Palm Villa, where 1st and 2nd place were playing in the same flight and the runaway winner, incidentally also a lady, scored a Stableford Points of 54. Such a pro! If she decides to play on the pro circuit, I wonder if the likes of Paula Creamer, Yani Tseng, HYP, NY Choi would all feel threaten? Lol... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

Newtogolf wrote:
Happy Feet wrote:
Then GRians will be no different from Stompards.

How about a demerit point system for golfers who under/overdeclare their handicap?

and those who score unbelivable scores in tournaments will be subjected to a simple test.... 10 balls, 80 yards, 1 target flag, and at least 8 shots must come at least 2 feet to the target flag.

If the person can't duplicate this, his prizes will be publicly forfeited.

Stompards - love the term. So true!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 am

@9points, wonder if it is same lady this time.....

Rumour had it that this lady golfer did not add a stroke to give-me putts during the tournament I took part in years back. SIGH
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:19 pm

There no point complaining of this Buayas and Buayee.....

The issue here is how can we stop this Buayas and Buayee.

Can we have some input of ideas or solutions which can really work so
tourament organiser can take action when this pple put on the act.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 pm

May I suggest that the organizers send the score cards of the winners to their home club (where their Hcap is maintained) so that appropriate action can be taken (e.g. reduction of handicap, disciplinary action, etc).

In some overseas amatuer tourneys, golfers can be DQed for playing "Scores inconsistent with declared handicap". This happened at the golf.com World Amateur Handicap Championships.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Only way to do so.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Only way to do so.
lol
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Woah...

Don't hold back.
Back to top Go down
slash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:05 pm

There is a difference between VERY GOOD players who "manage" their consistently high HCP well, vs lousy/poor players who "manage" their pencils/erasers during competition well (eg put 4 when it was a 6). Need different approaches to weed out cheats.
Having said that, I read an article where a junior golfer got disqualified when her competition scores were much better than her HCP and inconsistent with her normal scores. Her coach said she trained very hard for the competition and had improved a lot in 2 mths. If that was the case, then there should be a way to check consistencies without having to demoralise those who really trained hard.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm

It's offensive. Take your views on L/G outside GR.

Lucas, this is the second. Three strikes, you will be banned.

Yellow, please help clean up the above. Tks
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm

To Break The Rules, You Must First Master Them. - Audemars Piguet
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:42 pm

An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 521758_10151143992408422_238383922_n
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 am

May this would help... The probability schedule gives a indication whether someone shooting -10's probability that he is a cheat on their handicaps. If he or she exceeded a certain level of probability, then he or she should be DQed. However, these are seldom practiced.

http://www.usga.org/playing/handicaps/understanding_handicap/articles/deanstable.html

http://handicaptracker.golf.com/golf-blogs/blogs_post.asp?id=10817895
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am

dtan wrote:
There no point complaining of this Buayas and Buayee.....

The issue here is how can we stop this Buayas and Buayee.

Can we have some input of ideas or solutions which can really work so
tourament organiser can take action when this pple put on the act.
After the entire tournament ends, there will usually be a Top 3 right?

Check the top 3 scorers against all their scoring history.

If the tournament scores are too unbelievable to be true, subject the top scorers to the following test (like how those Olympics fellas are subjected to dope test):
Test 1: 10 balls, 1 Driver, Same Fairway, 10 Tees.
Objective of test: Consistency in Driving
Outcome: If the fella's really as consistent as he/she is, the ball flight patterns should be similar at least 75% of the time. It will be a test on consistency.

Test 2: 10 balls, 1 flag, 70 yards, 52 Degree Wedge, same rough, different position.
Objective of test: Short game
Outcome: If the fella's really as good as the unbelievable score is, there shouldn't be any problem with the chap hitting 10 balls consistently to the 70 yard (or beyond) marker at least 2 to 5 feet consistently within the flag's circumference.

Everyone will probably freak out / protest at such tests I suppose. But its one surefire way to eliminate all the buayas and buayees regardless who they are. Golf doesn't yield to the humanistic laws of authority, white horse, company position, education and social strata where whoever stands on top, wins automatically. It yields only to itself and yields to those who practice hard and trains hard. Its a level playing field and a great way of levelling everyone (regardless who they are) to ground zero. A true test of character, humility and personality.... In this gentleman/gentlewoman's game.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 am

Point is.....we can argue until the cows come home.

But if the organizers do not step in and enforce, we would all just have to live with it and add in the boos when needed.

MGK used to be quite decent with Derek at the helm of things.....
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Yup. Under him I won 2 MGK tourneys both scores gross under par. But who will believe. Hahahaha

Granted one was a 9 hole tourney and the other was 2 man scramble

But I've since never even come close to replicating in actual games.

Does that mean I'm a buaya too?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:36 pm

guy013 wrote:
Yup. Under him I won 2 MGK tourneys both scores gross under par. But who will believe. Hahahaha

Granted one was a 9 hole tourney and the other was 2 man scramble

But I've since never even come close to replicating in actual games.

Does that mean I'm a buaya too?

YES.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats   An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Article by AsiaOne- Beware of the Buayas and the Cheats
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next