Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost & Found balls

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Lost & Found balls Empty
PostSubject: Lost & Found balls   Lost & Found balls I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:19 pm

How many balls do you guys normally find and lose in a round of 18?

I'm playing high 90s-low 100s and now, losing about 1-2 each round but I usually find an average of 5 balls without any ball pickers.

The most I've found in a round is 12 balls including 2 fairly new ProV1s!

Last night, I did a count on the number of balls I have at home, excluding the new balls still in their sleeves. I have about 240 balls. OK, about 50 I bought from a guy on eBay some months ago plus a friend gave me about 50 used balls he found.

That's still 140 balls I've collected in my almost three years of golfing! I have about 40 ProV1s that I don't use cos I still can't feel the difference, yet. Some are 8/10. Some are 6/10. I think maybe 2 are 4/10.

But it's so fun it's like finding treasures! Mind you- these are decent balls, not heavily scratched, etc. I'd say about 7.5/10. Of course, about 10 of them I should have left them at the course.

And NO, I don't hold up the game just to look for balls!

I think cos I slice, hook, etc and my balls go to the same places as those of my golfing style.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

Lost & Found balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found balls   Lost & Found balls I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm

My father in law lives on a golf course and goes on a walk every night and finds 10-12 balls per walk. He has not bought balls since moving into the house....going on several years now, and he has a stock pile just like you in his garage.

Beer
Back to top Go down
DC73
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
DC73

Lost & Found balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found balls   Lost & Found balls I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 pm

I hope u ar sure that these balls are not from some golfer who hav stray their shots and are in play when u found them.

Yes, I do sometimes also found some balls around the course, usually in hazard areas.

Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Lost & Found balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found balls   Lost & Found balls I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 pm

DC73 wrote:
I hope u ar sure that these balls are not from some golfer who hav stray their shots and are in play when u found them.

Yes, I do sometimes also found some balls around the course, usually in hazard areas.

Yes, I hate that... I've lost balls like that too.

I usually find the balls on my side - very deep inside my fairways. Unless they slice real bad, I admit, I'd probably taken one or two balls or more (but very few) like that. I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

Lost & Found balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found balls   Lost & Found balls I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 pm

DRGjr72 wrote:
My father in law lives on a golf course and goes on a walk every night and finds 10-12 balls per walk. He has not bought balls since moving into the house....going on several years now, and he has a stock pile just like you in his garage.

Beer

your father-in-law lives on a golf course???????? that'd be a dream-come-true for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost & Found balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost & Found balls   Lost & Found balls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost & Found balls
Page 1 of 1