Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost and found

Go down 
+6
jumpz
flashpacker
Daztasiumz
schnell
flamer0454
chiajinhon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Hello gents, 

Funny how my first proper post isn't a self intro but anyways... a little suggestion to the admin: perhaps we should start a lost and found thread? I've started playing only at the start of the year and in this period I've probably seen more lost items on the course than making pars. And I would love to reverse that statistic (preferably by making more pars, if not, helping people find their lost stuff also works Laughing )

And I'm sure there are people out there who would feel this little pain that a beloved golf set has something missing, be it a club or even a head cover. I found a Wilson headcover during my game in JB this morning,  so whoever you might be, give me a shout out.
Back to top Go down
flamer0454
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
flamer0454

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Good soul! This is a good suggestion for Admins to consider. You shall be blessed!
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Nice initiative..upz u bro
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Good initiative bro
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:35 pm

It will be a good idea for GR to have a lost and found section.
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:00 am

Good idea. However, feel that it could be easier to return found items to the course staff.  As after checking before loading clubs into transport, typical reaction will be to check at the course.

just my toughts but good initiative by you.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Good idea. However not all golfers are member of GR. If I happen to find anything on course, better to hand over to the staff.
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Yepp totally agree... generally, staff at golf courses are nice and helpful but I feel there are the odd few that give you the impression that they don't quite care and are not very trustworthy...
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi, just wish to share my experience and comment on a great deed by a fellow bro in GR.
I 1st came to know him when he bought my vokey wedges.
I saw him some sat or sun ago (cannot remember when it was) at NSRCC Par 3.
He was with his friends and i was let pass by some good ppl.
And cut the story short, i left my wedge on hole 8, was distracted when it started to rain.
He found the club and remembered i own BFG wedges and promptly called me.
We set up meeting some weeks after and he pass the wedge back to me and a small token of appreciation i give him a box of balls.
Just wish to recognise such good deeds from a fellow GR member, Albus Dumbledore.
He has made an exemplary for us to follow.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Great job...all good deeds will be rewarded.  Bro Albus
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Yeah, better to return the found item to the club staff to settle the Lost & Found affair. But it is also good to inform GRian members here juz in case the found item happens to belong to one of the GRians ... So that he will claim it back from the club concern ...
Back to top Go down
albus dumbledore
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
albus dumbledore

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 pm

snagy23 wrote:
Hi, just wish to share my experience and comment on a great deed by a fellow bro in GR.
I 1st came to know him when he bought my vokey wedges.
I saw him some sat or sun ago (cannot remember when it was) at NSRCC Par 3.
He was with his friends and i was let pass by some good ppl.
And cut the story short, i left my wedge on hole 8, was distracted when it started to rain.
He found the club and remembered i own BFG wedges and promptly called me.
We set up meeting some weeks after and he pass the wedge back to me and a small token of appreciation i give him a box of balls.
Just wish to recognise such good deeds from a fellow GR member, Albus Dumbledore.
He has made an exemplary for us to follow.

Cheers!
Hey bro, u are making me shy...haha...

no worries, and thanks for the balls!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost and found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost and found   Lost and found I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost and found
Page 1 of 1