Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most number of holes in one day

Go down 
+17
Angchug
Nomad
Cyp_PGA
nutty88
shorthitter
aquaman
Ssquirrel
asahi
DRGjr72
Duval_S
jeffman88
uncleP
eqtrend
Technospaz
freedrop
ahhoe
jurongtiger
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Most number of holes in one day Empty
PostSubject: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:37 am

Dear friends

Just out of curiosity, what is the most number of holes you have completed in one day?

I am sure most of us has done 36.

Anyone done more than 66 holes, i.e 3.5 rounds?
Back to top Go down
ahhoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 am

Dear JurongTiger,
My record is only 45 holes ....... and that was done years ago in TaiChung during the month of December ............ from the morning to evening ............... with 3 flights of players. Just felt totally "shit" thereafter if not for a good "lamb" steamboat dinner that woke me up again.
66 holes ..... I will be dead .........
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 am

54 holes in Kukup, 3 rounds on one day.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 am

36, back in KL. When I was younger, bearing in mind that we pulled trolleys then.
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 am

Few years back I managed to play 70 holes in Ria Bintan as single. But friend of mine finished 4 round plus 3 more holes... think this is record
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 am

eqtrend
how fast can one complete 1 hole? 15 minutes? if you are , then 1 hour u can complete 4 to 4.5 holes. 10 (TEN) hours that is 45 holes. what about lunch, break dinner?
IF, U go 3 rounds ie 54 holes, without lighting, stretch into late hours, I dont wanna be in your team.
how your friend finish 70 holes? if you are fast, and dam good, no , 2 caddies, (1 ball spotter)) buggy can go on the green AND 4.5 holes in an hour, U still need 15.5 hours without food or pee.

The longest hour I work is from 4.30 am till 8.30 pm in the summer month. All daylight. and that is 16 hours, Ria Bintan have such lux??
! U must be good.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:16 am

eqtrend wrote:
Few years back I managed to play 70 holes in Ria Bintan as single. But friend of mine finished 4 round plus 3 more holes... think this is record

wow that's indeed a record!... hope u survived it LOL
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:19 am

like i said above, i played single n course was pretty empty(ria bintan unlimited golf), i wanted to complete my 4 round but due to darkness i was not able to complete it. When ever there was ppl, i would skip that hole n come back to it later

4 round (single player) one day is def doable as long as course are fairly empty.. But i must admit 4th round was not that enjoyable thou

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:39 am

My most number of holes in a day is 18 holes.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 am

Back when I was a pro we did a thing for charity at the course I was working at the time. We had golf carts and played as singles and basically scooted around the course as fast as we could.

You raised donations on a per hole basis.

I think I played 108 holes which equates to 6 rounds of golf. My low score for the day was 68 and the high was 80.

Oh and I was pretty tired at the end of the day. Each round took around 1.5 hours.

Aside from the charity thing and under normal conditions the most I have played was in one day was 45.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 am

Awesome charity initiative, Dan!

cheers
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:08 pm

[quote="asahi"]Awesome charity initiative, Dan!

cheers [/quote
tHAT IS A PRO TALKING, FREE TO FLY ALL OVER THE COURSE FOR charity. I would like to see which course in Singapore would allow that.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 pm

There used to be a game organized last time to play 3 18's in 3 countries in the same day. Supposedly one of those rare things you can only do over here.

Can't remember the exact details, but basically one game in Batam/Bintang, another in JB and ending with night golf in Singapore. Logistics had to be planned carefully to transport all the golfers around. Not sure how fun, but probably makes for interesting bragging rights.
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Only managed 27 so far.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 pm

In Nz we played 100 holes in a day for charity, was easier than I thought it would be.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 pm

19 holes for me.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 pm

6 rounds? 108 holes? No shit... that must be the world record then!

DRGjr72 wrote:
Back when I was a pro we did a thing for charity at the course I was working at the time. We had golf carts and played as singles and basically scooted around the course as fast as we could.

I think I played 108 holes which equates to 6 rounds of golf. My low score for the day was 68 and the high was 80.

Oh and I was pretty tired at the end of the day. Each round took around 1.5 hours.

Aside from the charity thing and under normal conditions the most I have played was in one day was 45.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm

So i think the benchmark now is 100 holes. 5+ rounds

That would have to be done as a one ball. summer hours, 6am to 715pm.

Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm

I Did played 108 in One day . i played alone in The Legend GC from 6.30 AM to 6.30PM . Took me 1.30 for each round , eat during the game and had to change 3 times the caddy ... \

But i was so fun to do it , I love empty golf course !
Back to top Go down
Nomad
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 2:30 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
Dear friends

Just out of curiosity, what is the most number of holes you have completed in one day?

I am sure most of us has done 36.

Anyone done more than 66 holes, i.e 3.5 rounds?

My record is 72 holes, started at 4am and finished at 9.30pm. We played 36 holes at Two different courses in the UK.

This was walking, no buggies.

Raised a lot of money for Charity though, making the blisters worth while. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 pm

540 holes for 10 days at Lakehill Haining golf resort.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:47 pm

http://hundredholehike.com/ Any here?

The most I've done is 36 holes in a day, on buggy. Wife and me. I think if we ate on the course, I think we could do all three Palm Resorts' golf courses in a day.

In Sg, we just played all 27 holes at OCC last Sun. That's quite normal though as I've seen many members do the same, many Sundays.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:50 pm

jurongtiger wrote:

DRGjr72 wrote:

Not even close. There is some guy that has played over 600 holes in one day. I looked it up today.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/97144444.html

Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm

39 holes in one day... Leave it to your imagination... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:20 pm

This are extreme, less-than-casual golfers la

DRGjr72 wrote:
jurongtiger wrote:

DRGjr72 wrote:

Not even close. There is some guy that has played over 600 holes in one day. I looked it up today.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/97144444.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most number of holes in one day   Most number of holes in one day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most number of holes in one day
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next