Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?

Go down 
+18
iron eagle
Bomberman
mloy
slinger
IGT
yob_ha
Technospaz
audi
guangzhao
beehome
Zig Zag
Angchug
hoppie
pocketace
renode
pippin
enwee
Slicer51
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? Empty
PostSubject: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 am

I am not a fast player but do not consider to be really slow too. I tee off on Sat at 7 am and finished at 1.30 pm. OMG ! we spend about 6.5 hours on the course. It was so crowded including number of beginner flights too.

We need to wait at least 10 mins in every tee box. I totally lost my game, I lost my momentum and just cannot play when I need to wait too long.

What about you ?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:14 am

Slicer51 wrote:
I am not a fast player but do not consider to be really slow too. I tee off on Sat at 7 am and finished at 1.30 pm. OMG ! we spend about 6.5 hours on the course. It was so crowded including number of beginner flights too.

We need to wait at least 10 mins in every tee box. I totally lost my game, I lost my momentum and just cannot play when I need to wait too long.

What about you ?
not rain delayed?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am

No bro, it was a hot day 34 C in Surabaya on Sat
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am

Slicer51 wrote:
No bro, it was a hot day 34 C in Surabaya on Sat
Oh dear, then it's very slow, but my friend told me he met some really really slow players in Marina sometimes back, tee 1pm and finished almost 715pm. Think abt the same time as you.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:34 am

Yeah my longest game was 6 hrs... Due to rain ...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 am

Yes, the other question was " Can you still play well after waiting for so long in the course ?"
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 am

That's not a very long game. I once played a 10 hr 18 hole game at Sebana Cove, with 2 beginners.. At the end of the game, I was famished n dehydrated!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 am

Wah bro Renode, that is shocking!!!!
Completely unacceptable man
Tough in you
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am

10hrs is damn long!!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:31 am

renode wrote:
That's not a very long game. I once played a 10 hr 18 hole game at Sebana Cove, with 2 beginners.. At the end of the game, I was famished n dehydrated!
5 hrs I would consider long already, 6? still can manage but already feeling tired. 10!!! i think, i'll give up.
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 am

Yup played with 2 ladies who were first time on course, that's why we chose Sebana cove - nobody to chase us.. Use the time to teach proper etiquette and some common rules.. At least they made sandwiches to eat while playing man...
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 am

My fastest is 1hr 45m at Raffles playing alone. Slowest is 7 hrs at nsrcc changi. Tee off at 8 am and finished at 3:30pm. When we crossed over from Air Force to navy there are 8 buggies queueing behind this "my grand father golf course" guy. Every shot he needs to practice 10 times we called n called to complain but in vain. We could only watch him practice n practice his swings. Worst of all he is really a lousy player.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 am

renode wrote:
Yup played with 2 ladies who were first time on course, that's why we chose Sebana cove - nobody to chase us.. Use the time to teach proper etiquette and some common rules.. At least they made sandwiches to eat while playing man...
Sebana cove??? you take boat or drive? 10 hr I would think u just in time for the last boat...
Back to top Go down
Zig Zag
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 am

Angchug wrote:
My fastest is 1hr 45m at Raffles playing alone. Slowest is 7 hrs at nsrcc changi. Tee off at 8 am and finished at 3:30pm. When we crossed over from Air Force to navy there are 8 buggies queueing behind this "my grand father golf course" guy. Every shot he needs to practice 10 times we called n called to complain but in vain. We could only watch him practice n practice his swings. Worst of all he is really a lousy player.

Wow..1hr 45mins is really fast. The slowest I ever played was 6hrs when my first time on course. It was 4 of us and all was first time on course at palm villa on a weekday. Lost alot of balls and spend alot of time finding balls. We did let faster flights pass through though.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 am

Wow bro Renode, your flight mates were your friends? My bad coa you were there for a higher purpose, ie to intro the game to em. Respect!
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:36 am

@Slicer - yes, slow play affects my momentum also. I am not a very fast player, myself. My average time is 4-1/2 to 5 hrs. Anything more than that, my blood pressure start rising. Can reach a point when I don't give a damn anymore and just want to get over it and go home.

@Angchug - tt guy probably must be some big f**k or what. A gentle reminder to all of us that it is still a National Service club!

Back to top Go down
guangzhao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am

I'm not very fast too... But I think company is important... If you have the right company, you can play a 10 hr game without feeling like its 10 hours...
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 am

pak slicer, did you play on harpitnas or what? why so long? the longest i played was some weeks ago during the Jakarta governor election. started at 7am and finished at 3pm. queue at every tee box. the long queue was very frustrating, i fcuked up my game too that day.

Last edited by audi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 am

Longest I've had is about 5+ hours. No rain delay but it was just a jam packed day with marshalls not doing the best they could.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:32 pm

beehome wrote:
@Slicer - yes, slow play affects my momentum also. I am not a very fast player, myself. My average time is 4-1/2 to 5 hrs. Anything more than that, my blood pressure start rising. Can reach a point when I don't give a damn anymore and just want to get over it and go home.

@Angchug - tt guy probably must be some big f**k or what. A gentle reminder to all of us that it is still a National Service club!

Yup, I am the same, just lost my momentum. My body was warm due to the hot weather but inside it cold. Just cannot keep practicing swing to keep the momentum when I needed to wait too long. I just played with the pretty caddy. In fact, all my golf kaki canceledl all our betting that day Very Happy

Everything okay except my hand was tired for playing with the caddies for so long ROFL flower
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 pm

audi wrote:
pak slicer, did you play on harpitnas or what? why so long? the longest i played was some weeks ago during the Jakarta governor election. started at 7am and finished at 3pm. queue at every tee box. the long queue was very frustrating, i fcuked up my game too that day.

Pak Audi,

Beside holded up by some beginner flights, the military groups are on the course. I am sure you know what I mean. Stay very patience and played palm reading with all the caddies lol!
Back to top Go down
yob_ha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi,

Am not a fast player (not a long hitter), but will try to keep pace to the front flight.
Longest i have played is 6+ hrs at Sebana.
Waited out for the rain to stop... End up abandon game after 14holes.
But not sure if that course still can play or not...
As that was the last time i play there 2yrs back.(In quite a bad shape...Mandai looks better then) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

6+ hours....

Game paced down by flights ahead then halted as rain bucketing down; continued 2ndn nine in drizzle.

Then buggy stuck in mud, fumbling for ~ 20mins while awaiting rescue from Marshal; the only difference from 4x4 off-track adventure was the buggy.

Soaked in rain, drenched in sweat, mud splattered all over....totally looked like hyenas.

What a long day it was!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:36 pm

actually hor.....

my golf game with mloy lasted abt 5hrs...

however, she made u feel its the longest 5hrs u are spending with HER!!!

Face Hug
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:57 pm

slinger wrote:
actually hor.....

my golf game with mloy lasted abt 5hrs...

however, she made u feel its the longest 5hrs u are spending with HER!!!

Face Hug

Hey slinger, when you gonna spend 5 hrs with me again. Kind of miss you leh.

Answer to Pak slicer. I am basically a fast player and I hate slow play. Basically most of my games finish in 4.5 hours or less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?   What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the longer time you ever played 18 holes?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next