Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats in the bag?

Go down 
+163
kissthegreen
gezt_ho
rt
skybobo
bomby
neutralgolfer
RngRover
Lee36328
kenneth18
angyongshen
leroyishere
RLGOLF
mr joe
18underPar
babolat
costajos
blee67
coconutz
IGT
Happy Feet
alvin7379
steven_koh
Joshua
shimizu.toruk
sagiteric
audi
aquaman
bkll
enwee
Kengnam
hkhamateur
madmaru
Starbucks
Denmeister
crayon33
sp
ltajedi
yudhie.pratama
mengteck71
TourSwing
NikeN
chien
tranzeii
zacaroo
garylin
willbudiman
Slicer51
guy013
burnergolfer
Winston
timang84
scotty
sillytesky
Charliec130
fata
meia07656
Loudmouth
DimWit Kid
piero
Turbo
efoong
Tyson
drizz0
Agumon
brasso
haragolfer
zhenxua
asahi
tpcml
Exigence78
BORN2GOLF
Aloyboy
shamusan
anodiz3
alex khoo
golfool2009
AJTAURUS
watchman88sg
ginn
TLHENG
TheFocalPoint
PinkPanther
botak
Yarra
FIdO
ChrisD
frosTEE
JoeYee
wongky
Derek
duffader
surflim
daveaha
JonL_TK
Ryan Lee
mulligan
ruebenlim
yanhaotiong
toekong
ironfist
TigaWood
tronos
Denis
watermyforrest
darenlim
Cornball
HyBriD
bono
thamster
pocketace
icejazz
ghoonk
Quest
pushslice
jimmchew
chemicalpro
tigolfclub
Cyp_PGA
kuuligan
JL_chong
eiji
golf_snowman
Tituman
sunny
andrew-golf
star
shotah
jhan18
J.B.Low
andrewlee
tianhan
art
BT
samT
siaw8
TSL
RogY
jaketang
Gray
porkycurry
yelnats
weesern
Roystonnn
shorthitter
fabulous
4dtoto
nientsu
SIMBA
mowen
DGman
golfamigo
mervyntan
slinger
missmoon
Duval_S
Khorkar
Technospaz
Uncle Lau
Lamts18
Ssquirrel
S70B
mUAr_cHEe
167 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
leroyishere
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Whats in the bag? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 am

@mrjoe Can you share where you got that driver for $59 brand new?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 am

leroyishere wrote:
@mrjoe Can you share where you got that driver for $59 brand new?

Thanks!
I think its a 5w given that its 18deg loft. Anyways, do share the source for great value.
Back to top Go down
mr joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 am

RLGOLF wrote:
Very nice bag of clubs...
Thanks bro!
Back to top Go down
mr joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:15 am

@Leroyishere
@angyongshen

I got the driver and wood at golf bargain @ harbourfront … there is Still a lot of them when I bought them one Or two weeks ago …
The wedge I got from GD Sin Ming but not many pieces left when I bought it …
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:40 am

wow. mr joe is ripe for a 4 club challenge game.   or maybe a 6 club tournament.  really like tge minimalist golf movement.  am sure will improve speed of play and brung down scores too.
Back to top Go down
mr joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 am

4 clubs not enough la … Haha … I think the below would be able to fill my gaps nicely …

Driver - 240
5 wood - 200
5 iron - 175
7 iron - 150
pw - 110
Sw - 75
putter

There will be a lot of 3/4 needed for the pw...
To lower the score, driver can be removed though …
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 pm

My current weapons for 2014!

Whats in the bag? - Page 29 12025471135_f104c23ce5
My current 2014 Gamer set by dennis.lim888, on Flickr

Driver: Callaway Razr Fit 9.5 with Matrix 6M3 Black Tie Stiff shaft
3 Wood: TM R11 15* with Tour AD YSQ Stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler TWS 20* with Motore stiff shaft (cut from stock driver shaft)
Irons: 2013 Callaway X Forged Irons 4 to PW with KBS Tour Regular steel shafts
Wedges: Vokey 52 and 60 Spin Milled on stock steel shafts, BFG VX5 55* on DG S300 steel shaft
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X 34"
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 4:57 pm

The longest serving club in my bag: Cobra Baffler TWS Hybrid, 5 to 6 years
This club suffered my temper tantrums and got detached from its original shaft once.  I found a spare stiff shaft lying around and after marrying them together, they became the longest serving club in my bag, helping me with 190m consistently.

The game changer: Scotty Cameron Futura X putter
I went through lots of putters from mallets to blades and then back to mallets again.  In total: 5 puters before the Futura.  All of them had 2 inconsistencies: accuracy and distance judging.
The Futura X is my most accurate putter and that left me to figure out the distance part.  So instead of worrying about 2 things in my putting, I just needed to judge the right distance.  
Easily the best purchase of mine!

Driver: No matter what new technologies are going to be advertised in the new drivers, my backside will never itch again.  The Razr Fit head is the best one for me.  My previous drivers were: TM R7, Cobra S2, and Cobra S3.  Somehow, they were less forgiving than the Razr Fit.  After settling on this head, I experimented with a few shafts and today, I finally found one that I believe is the perfect combo for me!  The Matrix 6M3 Black Tie!  Just love it when this combo helps me set up nicely for my second shots.

My backside is no longer itchy........for at least 6 months..... I hope..... hahahaha
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Dennis, nice looking clubs you have there!  cheers 
Thanks for sharing in details, I am still thinking whether to change to the Matrix 6M3 black tie.
What's the length of your SC Futura X, 33 inches?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm waiting for someone to share the experience of the futura X dual balance

Last edited by andrew-golf on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:48 pm

kenneth18 wrote:
Thanks for sharing in details, I am still thinking whether to change to the Matrix 6M3 black tie.
Thanks Kenneth.

I was using the Tour AD BB 5s before switching to the Black Tie today. Without any range time, I put it in play. Guess what? The results were amazing! This shaft is supposed to be swung hard. However, I am more of a smooth swinger and the shaft was equally comfortable with my swing. 

I previously chose the BB 5s because I was worried that I could not launch a heavier shaft as I had bad experiences with Tour AD DI and DJ 6s shafts. 

After working with a Pro to tweak my swing, I was able to comfortably launch the BB 5s. Then during a game with a local touring pro, I asked him about how the weight difference would affect the swing. His reply was, a heavier shaft will help slow down the backswing tempo thus helping the golfer get into a better position for the downswing.  The flex of the shaft is chosen based on swing speed.  He suggested that I start using a heavier shaft as it will also be more stable than a lighter shaft.  That's why I started looking for heavier shafts.  The aim was to find a heavier stiff shaft, not necessarily the Black Tie, which also fit my budget.  I was fortunate enough to see this shaft with the Fit adaptor included and within my price range. The best part about it is, it gave me a better trajectory, longer carry and more roll!

So now, I have nothing but positive things to say about this shaft!  I was able to hit quite long today, maybe it is also because of the dry and hard fairways and also the winds that were blowing quite hard too. But I definitely feel good with this shaft.

As for the Futura X, mine's a 34". A very good face balanced putter that tends to go straight back and through, which is my natural swing path.

Finding a putter that compliments one's natural swing is very important as it makes putting a lot more simpler. When the ball goes where I aim, all I need to do next is to gauge the correct strength and this putter helped with the accuracy part.

I already found sponsors for both of these toys...... haahhaa
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:27 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
I'm waiting for someone to share the experience of the futura X dual balance

I did get an opportunity to try the dual balance putter.

Personal observations: Not as accurate as the normal Futura X.  Maybe it is because of the more upright lie angle of the dual balance putter.  I have to consciously steer the putter straight back and through, whereas my normal Futura X HELPED me go straight back and through.

Before the Futura X, I was interchanging between 2 other scotties.  A Pro Platinum Mil Spec blade putter and a Golo.  Both are toe heavy and naturally wants a circular stroke.  My straight stroke is always fighting with them and I always pull or push the through stroke.  Being too conscious with the putting mechanics made my putting atrocious. I could not focus on the strength needed to get the ball to the hole.  Result, I either miss my intended target or I leave my putts short when the target is hit.  It was very very frustrating.  Not to mention a lot of lost bets....

With the Futura X, I do not need to even think about putting mechanics.  I read my line, line up the ball to my intended target, align my putter, and then take it back and through.  Ball goes where I want and is seldom short of the hole.  If my line is correct, the ball goes in.  What's so difficult????
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Denmeister wrote:
kenneth18 wrote:
Thanks Kenneth.

I was using the Tour AD BB 5s before switching to the Black Tie today. Without any range time, I put it in play. Guess what? The results were amazing! This shaft is supposed to be swung hard. However, I am more of a smooth swinger and the shaft was equally comfortable with my swing. 

I previously chose the BB 5s because I was worried that I could not launch a heavier shaft as I had bad experiences with Tour AD DI and DJ 6s shafts. 

After working with a Pro to tweak my swing, I was able to comfortably launch the BB 5s. Then during a game with a local touring pro, I asked him about how the weight difference would affect the swing. His reply was, a heavier shaft will help slow down the backswing tempo thus helping the golfer get into a better position for the downswing.  The flex of the shaft is chosen based on swing speed.  He suggested that I start using a heavier shaft as it will also be more stable than a lighter shaft.  That's why I started looking for heavier shafts.  The aim was to find a heavier stiff shaft, not necessarily the Black Tie, which also fit my budget.  I was fortunate enough to see this shaft with the Fit adaptor included and within my price range. The best part about it is, it gave me a better trajectory, longer carry and more roll!

So now, I have nothing but positive things to say about this shaft!  I was able to hit quite long today, maybe it is also because of the dry and hard fairways and also the winds that were blowing quite hard too. But I definitely feel good with this shaft.

As for the Futura X, mine's a 34". A very good face balanced putter that tends to go straight back and through, which is my natural swing path.

Finding a putter that compliments one's natural swing is very important as it makes putting a lot more simpler. When the ball goes where I aim, all I need to do next is to gauge the correct strength and this putter helped with the accuracy part.

I already found sponsors for both of these toys...... haahhaa
Welcome to Black Tie and heavy shafts... enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Lee,

The Black Tie is actually not that heavy at 65g.  However, it is a heavier shaft for me as I was using a 55g previously.  

Now that I am able to launch a heavier shaft, the results are quite good!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 am

Denmeister wrote:
Hi Lee,

The Black Tie is actually not that heavy at 65g.  However, it is a heavier shaft for me as I was using a 55g previously.  

Now that I am able to launch a heavier shaft, the results are quite good!

Yes, and I can fully understand why.

Am using 7M3 for driver, 8M3 for 3-wood. Solid and stable. The shafts, that is. Can't say the same for my swing. He he.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:16 am

Hi folks, I am sharing my WITB 2014. Hopefully these stays in the bag! I already lost a wager to a buddy for buying new equipment for 2014. Alas, I have a soft spot for such finer things. Thanks for viewing!

A word of caution, http://www.tourspecgolf.com is an evil place!

Whats in the bag? - Page 29 Image_zpsfe580a6e

Driver: Ryoma D-1 Premia 9.5* w/ MRC Fubuki K 50g s-flex

3 wood: Royal Collection SFD Black 15* w/ stock shaft by MRC Fubuki 65g s-flex

3 hybrid utility: Royal Collection SFD Black 19* w/ stock shaft by MRC Fubuki 65g s-flex

4 hybrid utility: XXIO 7 U8 23* w/ stock shaft MP600M 67g s-flex

Irons: Romaro 2013 Ray V Forged Type R 5-PW w/ stock shaft RJ-TI by Graphite Design s-flex

Wedges: Romaro 2013 Ray SX Forged IS Sole Wedge 50*, 54*, 58* w/ KBS Hi Rev shafts

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback 33" w/ SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 grip
Back to top Go down
RngRover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
RngRover

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:32 am

You forgot the grip and whatever you were eyesing at the Isetan sale. lol!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 am

I only had to resize the grips on the irons. Hope they work this Saturday
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:53 am

Damn just when I decide to stay away from jdm, u had to build such a beautiful bag
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:54 am

pocketace wrote:

wah, seibei pro leh......

must set u back a few KKK.....

this type of WITB calibre belongs to ppl who gives strokes and not take strokes hor....

really swee.... hope it works out for you!!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am

pocketace wrote:
Hi folks, I am sharing my WITB 2014. Hopefully these stays in the bag! I already lost a wager to a buddy for buying new equipment for 2014. Alas, I have a soft spot for such finer things. Thanks for viewing!

A word of caution, http://www.tourspecgolf.com is an evil place!

Driver: Ryoma D-1 Premia 9.5* w/ MRC Fubuki K 50g s-flex

3 wood: Royal Collection SFD Black 15* w/ stock shaft by MRC Fubuki 65g s-flex

3 hybrid utility: Royal Collection SFD Black 19* w/ stock shaft by MRC Fubuki 65g s-flex

4 hybrid utility: XXIO 7 U8 23* w/ stock shaft MP600M 67g s-flex

Irons: Romaro 2013 Ray V Forged Type R 5-PW w/ stock shaft RJ-TI by Graphite Design s-flex

Wedges: Romaro 2013 Ray SX Forged IS Sole Wedge 50*, 54*, 58* w/ KBS Hi Rev shafts

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback 33" w/ SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 grip

From one JDM fan to another...

seriously, that putter is an eyesore

go get a JDM putter!

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:21 am

Don't tempt me bro, the Scotty has been good to me
See no evil, hear no evil
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:32 pm

pocketace wrote:

Seriously

i have a buddy who has a whole bag of JDM, but the only chink in the armour is a Stage 2 3w on stock shaft 

i have been mindf$#^ing him for months to change the 3w.

i mean the Notchback is an exceptional putter. But now you don't need exceptional. You need JDM putter 

haha

Last edited by andrew-golf on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:33 pm

pocketace wrote:

Nice setup! Next game give how many strokes?  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:20 pm

NG... I hear from RT that you are very good these days
I shudder in fear....  pale 

Andrew, never say never... So I may be intoxicated by a JDM putter down the road...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats in the bag?   Whats in the bag? - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats in the bag?
Page 29 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next