Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.

Go down 
+19
lsh87
9points
aquaman
rkangrah
Shellman
jeffman88
xentaur
slinger
enwee
Batman
DLWL
Ocean
abadan
shimizu.toruk
Duval_S
DimWit Kid
iluvcookies
schnell
joshyo
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. Empty
PostSubject: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 am

Doing a poll on which brand and make of 3wood is easier to launch. Try not to give brands that cost in excess of $350 heh.

Im using a maruman i4000x 5 wood now, but i don't really like that the head is so big. Thinking of finding a 3wood model with a smaller head. With easy to launch properties on a 3 wood.

My maruman wood feels kinda light. Maybe cuz of shaft.. idk. But it does the job still. Super hot off the face i must say, and ultra forgiving. Most forgiving 5 wood i have ever hit. I think the same would apply for their 3 wood but im nitpicking on the head size =/

Kind biased against TMs newest Rbz woods cuz apparently the shaft is longer and thats where the distance is gained from, plus dispersion seems to be slightly spread out.

Have only tried these 2 types of FW. Feel free to add on ur experiences. TY
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:43 am

If it ain't broke don't fix it..haha
On a serious note..TM superfast 2.0 and rbz woods are quite forgiving and should fit the bill. Go golf house to try
.I find Adams are quite easy to use also..go experiment
Back to top Go down
iluvcookies
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:51 am

I have a similiar problem as well. Currently using R7 3 wood. Big head but pretty easy to hit. Problem is that the shaft needs to be replace and now im thinking of getting something as easy as the R7 but with a smaller head. I've tried the R11 3 wood but its not to my liking.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 am

Adams XTD Super Fway. Smaller head - yes. Forgiveness... yes. Feel - awesome. Titanium head really feels diff.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:13 am

The only time 3 Wd is forgiving to me is when I am not using it
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 am

I only had experiences with Nike woods, and IMO, the current VRS 3W is a little easier to hit than the SQ Machspeed 3W
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am

Depends on whether you prefer a shallow face or a deeper one. I have tried many brands. Titleist 910F, 909F, quite a few TM models. Mizuno, Maruman. But so far the best feel, sound and forgiveness and also gives me good distance is Tourstage Viq. Although some might call it an old man's club. but as long as it gets the job done... who cares. Razz

I agree that titanium heads feel better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ocean
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 am

Am using maruman shuttle F 7 wood. Find it rather easy to use, because of its lightness. Distance is good too. Like it a lot, think of getting the 3wood also, if can get at good price. Smile
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 am

I got a Nike 3W for sale.

Adjustable and was my savior off the tee n the long par 4 n 5s
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:53 am

DW Kid. Are those Adams FW xtd in Singapore yet? I did remember seeing those online didn't see any here yet. Sounds like a winner to me.

DLWL, thx but no thx on the Nike offer. For some reason I trust Nike more for their hybrids than anything else. Heheh
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:57 am

I also have a R9 3 wood for sale if u r keen. Check it out mate.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:00 am

joshyo wrote:
Doing a poll on which brand and make of 3wood is easier to launch. Try not to give brands that cost in excess of $350 heh.

Im using a maruman i4000x 5 wood now, but i don't really like that the head is so big. Thinking of finding a 3wood model with a smaller head. With easy to launch properties on a 3 wood.

My maruman wood feels kinda light. Maybe cuz of shaft.. idk. But it does the job still. Super hot off the face i must say, and ultra forgiving. Most forgiving 5 wood i have ever hit. I think the same would apply for their 3 wood but im nitpicking on the head size =/

Kind biased against TMs newest Rbz woods cuz apparently the shaft is longer and thats where the distance is gained from, plus dispersion seems to be slightly spread out.

Have only tried these 2 types of FW. Feel free to add on ur experiences. TY
Your maruman is one of the most forgiving in the market now. 3 wood is normally not so forgiving than 5. But recently I tried the cobra amp and the rbz. Yes, they are easy to hit. But if i were to choose, I think Callaway hawk would be a good choice .
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:25 am

oldie but goodie.... R7 TP titanium faced fw

[img]Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. Ti4_zps0e079413[/img]
Back to top Go down
xentaur
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
xentaur

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:35 am

slinger wrote:
oldie but goodie.... R7 TP titanium faced fw

[img]Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. Ti4_zps0e079413[/img]

+2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:27 pm

Ocean wrote:
Am using maruman shuttle F 7 wood. Find it rather easy to use, because of its lightness. Distance is good too. Like it a lot, think of getting the 3wood also, if can get at good price. Smile

Alot of folks struggle to hit their 3 wood but no problem launching their 5 or 7 wood. there's quite a bit of difference. 7 wood is 21* and 3 wood is 15*. difference of 6* of loft. different length, headsize, weight. etc. I find that more and more ppl are going for 5 wood or 17* hybrid and not have a 3 wood in the bag. After i put a 5 wood in my bag. I find that i dun need to use my 3 wood anymore because it covers the distance i want it to cover and more consistent. The higher the loft and shorter the club. the higher % of better shots.
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Something i learnt over the weekend..most oems make woods that are actually weaker lofted than advertised. My Adams 3w is listed as 15 deg but the true loft is 18 deg which on theory makes it easier to launch..I suppose that's how the oem s make their equipment more playable as it is 3w are already hard to play off the deck as covered so extensively in another thread..for comparison..my 5w's true loft is 21 deg instead of 18 deg..
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm

schnell wrote:
Something i learnt over the weekend..most oems make woods that are actually weaker lofted than advertised. My Adams 3w is listed as 15 deg but the true loft is 18 deg which on theory makes it easier to launch..I suppose that's how the oem s make their equipment more playable as it is 3w are already hard to play off the deck as covered so extensively in another thread..for comparison..my 5w's true loft is 21 deg instead of 18 deg..

Those sneaky bastards! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Schnell. Not the first time I've heard this theory. But yeah. It is true. As much as I prefer to play to the loft specified or expected this is smth u can't beat. But rather need to get used to I guess.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 pm

the sleek cobra baffler fairway woods are also easy to hit... they cleberer.. offer 2 types of no 3 woods both w differing lofts.. one model 3+/F (13º) and another model 3/F (16º)

http://www.cobragolf.com/golf-clubs/2012-cobra-baffler-t-rail-fairway
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
the sleek cobra baffler fairway woods are also easy to hit... they cleberer.. offer 2 types of no 3 woods both w differing lofts.. one model 3+/F (13º) and another model 3/F (16º)

Thanks Jeff. Golf house carries cobra stuff if I remember correctly?
Back to top Go down
Shellman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Me too looking for a 3 wood. Read somewhere in this forum that Ping K15 FW is good? Any comments. Thinking of getting either TM RBZ or this Ping K15. Damn! Spoilt for choice....
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm

joshyo wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:

Joshyo: if u r interested, u can try out the cobra fairway woods at Toa Payoh Range Level 2 @ GOLF WERKZ Fitting Studio
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

joshyo wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:

Cobra can get from either golf house or vinc golf.

I don't like buffler preferred amp. Sound better.... Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm

enwee wrote:
joshyo wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:

Cobra can get from either golf house or vinc golf.

I don't like buffler preferred amp. Sound better.... Smile

one the sound is baffled the other the sound is amped! lol Smile
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:31 pm

I have a 5 year old Taylormade Burner 3 wood that is so easy to launch. The size is a little bit bigger (180cc I think) This is the first burner series not the current burner superfast series.

It is so reliable that I don't think I ever replace it with anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.   Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feel and forgiveness of 3 wood. Brand / make.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next