Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.

Go down 
+34
RNJ
IGT
DGman
mUAr_cHEe
Khorkar
billi
keithlim
missmoon
chien
rt
andrew-golf
TourSwing
Tituman
Denmeister
Bangla123
neutralgolfer
watermyforrest
golf_snowman
pushslice
3131T
audi
nutty88
Master
sunny
Slicer51
golfchowmk
suirattigas
gezt_ho
Birdman
BestofTheBest
Kookk
s-killer
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 pm

sunny wrote:
I know the USA forums set it at 50 posts.

But we are trying to be more lenient. In fact, it is quite easy for us to spot those 20 junk posts to start a wts thread as most of them don't have patience to post good stuff and either do senseless greeting or lol on those jokes thread within an hour.

Most people are mindful of the forum rules and have good social ettiquette(golfers should have) and the bad eggs are occasional. We'll monitor the situation and if it gets any worse, we will take other measures.

Set to 500 lor... Im qualify... lol! lol! lol!

Just kidding, dun flame me...
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 pm

ahahaha 500 is way too much la bro 3131T.. i think 50 is quite reasonable. but need to check the content of the post also.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
3131T

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 pm

audi wrote:
ahahaha 500 is way too much la bro 3131T.. i think 50 is quite reasonable. but need to check the content of the post also.

ha ha... we'll leave it to the mod team... Guess they will do a good job at this...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 pm

3131T wrote:
Set to 500 lor... Im qualify... lol! lol! lol!

Just kidding, dun flame me...

Luckily I exceeded 500 or else...... lol!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I hope newbies would use the search function more. Read past threads and continue the discussion if they have anything new to say or ask.

so many new threads on the same old questions. It's like watching the same Michelle Wie's stance analysis by Michael Breed, every week.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Have not been as active as I hope I can for quite sometime..luckily din sell much stuff also...haha

Joke aside, totally agree with TS, I guess most of us do not want GR to become an online golf classified, even worse if someone selling non golf related stuff here....
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:05 pm

I wonder if we can make this thread sticky... even at the latest topics menu
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Master wrote:
s-killer wrote:
Just curious, how to tell that the hi is sincere or not?

Or maybe bro TS can give us some example?

A.) Hi!

B.) Hi.

C.) Hi, s-killer

D.) Hi s-killer

E.) Hiskiller

Which Hi do you think is the most sincere of all?

i thought i already moved on ... lol!

Bro Master, if i am a newbie, saying hello in this forum, i will be happy if anyone come back with a Hi. To answer your question, i would say A, B, C, D, E all looks OK to me, except that E seems to missed out a space in between "Hi" and "skiller". I am happy with either one of them.

nutty88 wrote:
I don't think anyone can tell the sincerity just from a simple "hi" but I guess what TS was trying to get at is that there are newbies who will post short msg or emoticons with no bearing on the topic under discussion, or they may post a message for the sake of posting so as to accumulate enough messages to have the ability to sell items.

If I am not wrong, this has happened before and the person stopped contributing to the forum unless he has items for sale.

I don't know what is the best way but maybe increase the no. of messages to 50? 20 is easy to achieve by spamming but a newbie will think hard if 50 is the minimum threshold.

Peace

Bro Nutty, i understand the concern.

I thought that we should not assume that a person coming in to say a few Hi = someone who is desperate to sell items. We can always wait till that person starts to sell an item, then issue a warning.

To me, it seems like someone is assuming something, and then come in with such authority to say "Newbie, Listen Up. Quit Spamming". Even if a warning is justified, i think it should be

1. from the moderator
2. with a friendlier tone such as "please do not spam"

just my thoughts .... moving on .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:03 pm

I find it very strange here, why must impose 20 or 50 posts before people can start selling golf items?

Imagine if you want to sell your golf items to someone, then he tell you that you must buy 20 items first? So you buy 20 wooden tees (or something small) from him?

There are people who like to chit chat in forum but there are people who don't. By imposing such "rules", you will sure to get some unwanted posts.

As I believe, GR is open to all golfers in Singapore, the whole idea is to share, chit chat and occasionally sell and buy items. Is it not? Personally I think it is not necessary to impose such rules.

The genuine people will come to discuss and chit chat. Those who just want to sell their items will just sell their items and they don't have to flood the forum with unwanted posts.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:18 pm

hi
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:
I find it very strange here, why must impose 20 or 50 posts before people can start selling golf items?

Imagine if you want to sell your golf items to someone, then he tell you that you must buy 20 items first? So you buy 20 wooden tees (or something small) from him?

There are people who like to chit chat in forum but there are people who don't. By imposing such "rules", you will sure to get some unwanted posts.

As I believe, GR is open to all golfers in Singapore, the whole idea is to share, chit chat and occasionally sell and buy items. Is it not? Personally I think it is not necessary to impose such rules.

The genuine people will come to discuss and chit chat. Those who just want to sell their items will just sell their items and they don't have to flood the forum with unwanted posts.

Just my 2 cents.

The key is we do not want people to come here just to sell items. That's all.

If you want an analogy, I open my house for a party. I do not want people to gate crash my party to sell things. I do not want my party to be overwhelmed by salesmen that it is no longer enjoyable for the party goers.

Marketplace is intended for our members as a benefit and not meant to attract people looking for free classified listing page. I find it upsetting if I visit the forum and all the recent posts are all wts threads and unusable. I can bet if we do not put any restriction, this will become just an empty listing board.

And this is not the way our committee and active members want to run our forum.

By the way, we are not asking people to make 20 posts to sell an item. We are telling people that if you are not an active member, don't come here to sell items. There's a difference
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:10 pm

There's theory (the suggestions), and then there's the practical (real world).

I'm not sure that we appreciate how many times Sunny and Moon have to come in and repeat the same explanations over and over and over again, yet they do it tirelessly. And I applaud them for their patience in taking the time to repeat themselves till it's almost a mantra.

Please spare them a thought, they have a life too.

The moment every one of us one logged onto Golf Republic for the first time, we were greeted with the notice to read the regulations, including the minimum of 20 posts to sell. In red no less, how to miss it?

I confess I didn't take the time to read the house rules of Golf Republic before signing up, did you? Perhaps only TS because of his profession, the rest of us?

And the reason we signed up without bothering to read the house rules? Our overwhelming desire for fellowship with like-minded golfers and a round or two of this game we love.

Correct me if I'm wrong.... please!

So why are we letting something as insignificant as this in the bigger scheme of things get in the way of the one real reason we are here?

Especially since it doesn't affect us as we have already clocked the necessary posts for the marketplace?

Perhaps we should pause and reflect on Colonel Nathan Jessep's words from "A Few Good Men".

To loosely quote -

"You rise and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then question the manner in which I provide it."

Move on please. Peace

Last edited by Birdman on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Joke

Colonel Jessep was court marshaled.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Thanks Andrew. Very Happy

He was, wasn't he? ROFL

I saw the movie too.

So Sunny and Moon.... Twisted Evil

Surely that's not the point of your inappropriate joke? Very Happy

Last edited by Birdman on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

I used to visit another golf forum. In the beginning, there were quite a lot of members who really discuss about the game. Then more members joined for the sake of selling their used equipment. The rules were very laxed n there was no enforcement.

Wts threads started to overwhelm the forum. And to top it all off, there was no pictures and price of the items.

A typical Wts post consisted of one liners, " rbz driver for sale. Call if interested. "

Would u want to be a member of such a forum?

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 pm

pushslice wrote:
I hope newbies would use the search function more. Read past threads and continue the discussion if they have anything new to say or ask.

so many new threads on the same old questions. It's like watching the same Michelle Wie's stance analysis by Michael Breed, every week.

Ha ha PS I thought I was the only one pissed off with that. A different camera angle would have changed the position he was talking about...lol
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Denmeister wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

I used to visit another golf forum. In the beginning, there were quite a lot of members who really discuss about the game. Then more members joined for the sake of selling their used equipment. The rules were very laxed n there was no enforcement.

Wts threads started to overwhelm the forum. And to top it all off, there was no pictures and price of the items.

A typical Wts post consisted of one liners, " rbz driver for sale. Call if interested. "

Buddy,

I know which forum you are talking about. It is very painful to see what had happened to that forum. It had nothing now but only WTS threads Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Actually strictly for selling clubs, i personally prefer consigning at creative golf by joe hor. Hassle free, no need pics, no lowballers, no risk of being stood up and my stuff are always sold at my asking price.
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Buddy,

I know which forum you are talking about. It is very painful to see what had happened to that forum. It had nothing now but only WTS threads Crying or Very sad

Is this sentence related to this topic?
If not, hope moderator can do something.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:51 pm

sunny wrote:

But we are trying to be more lenient. In fact, it is quite easy for us to spot those 20 junk posts to start a wts thread as most of them don't have patience to post good stuff and either do senseless greeting or lol on those jokes thread within an hour.

Most people are mindful of the forum rules and have good social ettiquette(golfers should have) and the bad eggs are occasional. We'll monitor the situation and if it gets any worse, we will take other measures.

Sunny, I love this forum and think you guys have done a great job with it! Congrats cheers

However, lately more than ever, it is becoming incrementally difficult filtering through all the "noise" ... this is only inevitable as the forum gains popularity and the no. of members increase ...

Plz consider increasing the min. no of posts to something like 50, and if at all possible, also require the individual to have been a member for a min. amount of time, e.g. 3 months. This is not foolproof, and no solution ever will we ...

oh, and an ambitious after thought: how difficult would it be to incorporate a rating system? Probably not feasible ...
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Birdman wrote:

He was, wasn't he? ROFL

I saw the movie too.

absolutely not..

my fav movie... thats my point.
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 pm

TourSwing wrote:
sunny wrote:

Sunny, I love this forum and think you guys have done a great job with it! Congrats cheers

However, lately more than ever, it is becoming incrementally difficult filtering through all the "noise" ... this is only inevitable as the forum gains popularity and the no. of members increase ...

Plz consider increasing the min. no of posts to something like 50, and if at all possible, also require the individual to have been a member for a min. amount of time, e.g. 3 months. This is not foolproof, and no solution ever will we ...

oh, and an ambitious after thought: how difficult would it be to incorporate a rating system? Probably not feasible ...

I agree .

Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Birdman wrote:

He was, wasn't he? ROFL

I saw the movie too.

define "inappropriate"
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 pm

gezt_ho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Buddy,

Why bro, you have problem with it ? Yes, it is related to the topic. It mean, if no control over it. A good forum will become an WTS forum.
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
gezt_ho wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
neutralgolfer wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Buddy,

Why bro, you have problem with it ? Yes, it is related to the topic. It mean, if no control over it. A good forum will become an WTS forum.

Bro I got no problem, just don't wana see GR talking other forum same to other forum talking GR.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next