Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.

Go down 
+34
RNJ
IGT
DGman
mUAr_cHEe
Khorkar
billi
keithlim
missmoon
chien
rt
andrew-golf
TourSwing
Tituman
Denmeister
Bangla123
neutralgolfer
watermyforrest
golf_snowman
pushslice
3131T
audi
nutty88
Master
sunny
Slicer51
golfchowmk
suirattigas
gezt_ho
Birdman
BestofTheBest
Kookk
s-killer
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. Empty
PostSubject: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 7:50 pm

To my dearest new GRians. Spamming the board with hellos when you don't mean it just to rack up a post count so as to sell your stuff is annoying. This isn't a buy-sell forum. Please head off to eBay if that's your goal.

Otherwise, spend some genuine time getting to know folks here, say hi (with sincerity) and chit-chat about all things golf. Before you know it, you'll make it to the elusive 20 posts needed. That way, we'll take your post count more seriously and your eventual sale thread with more interest.

Your household Pooh Bear,
TS

Last edited by Technospaz on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi TS! And hello GR!
I'm a lurker in this forum and would like to say hi to all!

I've got a bridge to sell if anyone's interested. Good location... albino
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Just curious, how to tell that the hi is sincere or not?

Or maybe bro TS can give us some example?
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:43 pm

s-killer wrote:

Forum damn stressful these days. Sell things kenna, give advise kenna, say hello kenna, play golf with Slinger kenna!!!!!

Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:44 pm

i didnt even realised that i needed 20 posts to sell things here..

i also have nothing to sell

Cheers

BOTB
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 pm

s-killer wrote:

No need to wonder and question TS about it, if you're already past the 20 posts and didn't spam, there's no need to worry right?

Just let us do the dirty work while you go about your merry way and enjoy GR. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Kookk wrote:
s-killer wrote:

Forum damn stressful these days. Sell things kenna, give advise kenna, say hello kenna, play golf with Slinger kenna!!!!!

You wana kena is it?
Back to top Go down
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 pm

actually i am kinda also a lurker, and really enjoy this forum as it is very informative. just realised i needed 20 posts to reply kyleyann's thread- thanking him (which i just did after garnering 20posts) for selling me the hybrid which suited me ^^ I have nothing to sell (at least for the moment?!)
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:09 pm

gezt_ho wrote:
Kookk wrote:
s-killer wrote:

You wana kena is it?

Hahah i think he backside itcy Smile you want to kena fr me .....
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:10 pm

suirattigas wrote:
actually i am kinda also a lurker, and really enjoy this forum as it is very informative. just realised i needed 20 posts to reply kyleyann's thread- thanking him (which i just did after garnering 20posts) for selling me the hybrid which suited me ^^ I have nothing to sell (at least for the moment?!)

I do not think you need 20 posts to reply. One need 5 posts to able to pm and 20 posts able to sell stuffs ..
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Birdman wrote:
s-killer wrote:

No need to wonder and question TS about it, if you're already past the 20 posts and didn't spam, there's no need to worry right?

Just let us do the dirty work while you go about your merry way and enjoy GR. Very Happy

Actually, I wonder too. Need to pre-warn my friends that I introduce to this forum.

Wouldn't want to add to that dirty workload of yours as well. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 pm

guys, lets be fair.

Do you want 100 ppl come in and just reply a hi to every single thread and then post a wts thread?

That will make the entire forum un-usable as all the useful threads will be buried.

This is not a free classified. We put in the effort here to build a community to share the love of golf.

Those who just want to make a quick sale and is not interested in contributing to this community can go ebay or some other places. This forum is not meant for such people.

And for the rest of you who are actively participating here, this post is not meant for you. We appreciate your support and this rule is really here to prevent this forum into a soul-less buy and sell classified listing.

I am sure if you are sincerely greeting people, we can tell. It is quite obvious if you say hi 20 times just to post a wts thread that you are not sincere. We would ban those ppl immediately and remove the thread.

Last edited by sunny on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:20 pm

slicer, i was trying to reply back on his thread, but could not do so... maybe it was originally a 'marketplace' thread? .. guess there is no harm done.. was just giving some feedback here.. but hey, i am now out of closet and participating more Wink
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Kookk wrote:

Actually, I wonder too. Need to pre-warn my friends that I introduce to this forum.

Wouldn't want to add to that dirty workload of yours as well. Embarassed

How kind and considerate!

Thank you. Very Happy

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:22 pm

suirattigas,

you can reply to any threads regardless of where they are including marketplace. Users with less than 20 posts are not able to start new threads in marketplace. That's all.

And welcome to GR Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:24 pm

suirattigas wrote:
slicer, i was trying to reply back on his thread, but could not do so... maybe it was originally a 'marketplace' thread? .. guess there is no harm done.. was just giving some feedback here.. but hey, i am now out of closet and participating more Wink

Welcome Suirattigas, we do look forward to seeing more of you in the forum and on the course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Birdman wrote:
s-killer wrote:

Don't know of course must try to ask question and find out answer, no?

If i know the answer, maybe i can also learn to spot those non-sincere hi and help to keep this forum out of spammer ma ...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Much appreciated, thanks for the offer. Very Happy

Sunny's lengthy post should suffice as explanation then.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Sunny explanation is for the good of the GR society, which i agree 100%.

I just dun get what bro TS mean by non-sincere hi ...

And i am still not sure after reading sunny reply ...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:44 pm

Time to move on I think. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 pm

andrew, maybe that was long ago.

You can now Smile
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:29 am

s-killer wrote:

A.) Hi!

B.) Hi.

C.) Hi, s-killer

D.) Hi s-killer

E.) Hiskiller

Which Hi do you think is the most sincere of all?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 pm

I don't think anyone can tell the sincerity just from a simple "hi" but I guess what TS was trying to get at is that there are newbies who will post short msg or emoticons with no bearing on the topic under discussion, or they may post a message for the sake of posting so as to accumulate enough messages to have the ability to sell items.

If I am not wrong, this has happened before and the person stopped contributing to the forum unless he has items for sale.

I don't know what is the best way but maybe increase the no. of messages to 50? 20 is easy to achieve by spamming but a newbie will think hard if 50 is the minimum threshold.

Peace
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 pm

yeah i think by increasing the number of minimum posts of 50 or 75 or even 100, then only people will start contributing to this forum. i'm getting sick of the "NEW TO GR" or "HI EVERYONE" or "I'M NEW HERE". 20 posts can be easily achieved in a day.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 pm

I know the USA forums set it at 50 posts.

But we are trying to be more lenient. In fact, it is quite easy for us to spot those 20 junk posts to start a wts thread as most of them don't have patience to post good stuff and either do senseless greeting or lol on those jokes thread within an hour.

Most people are mindful of the forum rules and have good social ettiquette(golfers should have) and the bad eggs are occasional. We'll monitor the situation and if it gets any worse, we will take other measures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.   Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muar_Chee, listen up. Quit spamming.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next