Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread

Go down 
+27
skybobo
shamusan
4dtoto
siaokao
jeffman88
TheFocalPoint
billi
ahnah
hkhamateur
Sandypar
golfool2009
sob
Technospaz
pippin
watermyforrest
dunlookback
DC73
IGT
Turbo
scottycollector
missmoon
Birdman
DGman
Duval_S
bryanachong
asahi
hammy
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello moderators of GR

Firstly, I would like to say that forum is really good and I have found it very useful since I joined way back in 2009.
I've picked up a lot of useful info, tips and also quite a few good bargains from the Marketplace. Unfortunately, I have been a passive member on this forum, always looking and reading but not contributing or sharing.

Now, I have been following the affected threads quite closely and was a little bit disturbed when that said thread was locked. Why disturbed? Well, to me anyway, he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong to warrant the closing of his thread. But hey, that's just my own opinion and probably doesn't matter. Furthermore, as some of you mentioned earlier, moderators have the right to lock any thread.

Anyway, I just have one question...If Sigmaone opens another WTS thread, will it be locked again?

Cheers

LT (aka Hammy)
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Hammy, you joined in 2009 and clocked 24 posts so far only...hmm.....really passive wor.

Nonetheless welcome to GR.

As for sigma thread, you gotta read it its entirety to understand why we decided to lock it.

Have fun reading.

Last edited by asahi on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Start your own website Sigma! It's gonna be much easier for everyone!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Let me try to clarify although many times ppl say I play like shit and only tcss on top of being a good pilot

If a thread started is talking about a specific matter.....but then progress to a state where by the comments on the three is everything but relevant to the original intent of the thread,,,,then it's crap. When it's crap, I think it's right to get locked.

Imagine if u go Wikipedia and u search for something.....but crappy stuff come out.....how interesting and helpful is thAt??? Will it enhance your confidence in the site ? Same logic la

But of cos, if the threadstarter change the subject to ....TCSS.... Then ok lo...no lock

Make sense?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 pm

duval you are finally using your right hand......well done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:00 pm

asahi wrote:
Hammy, you joined in 2009 and clocked 24 posts so far only...hmm.....really passive wor.

As for sigma thread, you gotta read it its entirety to understand why we decided to lock it.

Hammy,

A belated welcome to GR first of all.

Second, you may be missing the forest for the lone tree.

Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 pm

bryanachong wrote:

cheers!

Are you asking sigma or sebestian to create a website? One for sigma biz or seb's personal blog.

Question.. Who actually own sigma golf? Quite a handful to handle if I have an employee like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:16 pm

asahi wrote:

Have fun reading.

Yup. Really passive. I tend to post only when I have questions...usually about stuff I'm interested in buying, or rules of golf that cause me to lose bets.

I read the thread already. Thanks for replying. But my question is (was), "Is he able to post a WTS thread again?"
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Well, he is still able to do so so he may......
Back to top Go down
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:25 pm

bryanachong wrote:

cheers!

Getting bad vibes here.....Am I being suspected of being a character in a Star Wars movie (part 5 and part 7)?

Peace....if not.
Peace....even if it is.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Let me try to clarify although many times ppl say I play like shit and only tcss on top of being a good pilot

If a thread started is talking about a specific matter.....but then progress to a state where by the comments on the three is everything but relevant to the original intent of the thread,,,,then it's crap. When it's crap, I think it's right to get locked.

Imagine if u go Wikipedia and u search for something.....but crappy stuff come out.....how interesting and helpful is thAt??? Will it enhance your confidence in the site ? Same logic la

But of cos, if the threadstarter change the subject to ....TCSS.... Then ok lo...no lock

Make sense?

personally, i don't really care how moderators do their jobs. at the end of the day, they are the ones putting time and effort into maintaing this forum, and like many have said, i think they've done a great job. if ppl dont' like it, they can leave. that said, i think they've got it wrong this time. and i'm not saying this as someone who's interested in the stuff on sale in Sigma's thread. I'm just saying this from a perspective of what's fair.

Anyway, back to answering Duval's point. I don't think your analogy with wikipedia works here at all. Wikipedia serves an entirely different purpose from a golf forum. Ppl go to wikipedia to search for information on a specifc topic and some ppl (God bless their souls) even rely on the info in wikipedia. That is certainly not the case here. Its like comparing apples and oranges. And the irony is that some ppl do actually find sigma's WTS thread interesting and not 'crappy'. And of cos the greatest irony is that there are so many other threads out there which are full of irrelevant info, and which do not receive the same treatment.

anyway i'm not here to take sides. i just want to say that we should be level headed, and most importantly be fair in our comments and treatment of fellow forumers.

oh btw, i have read sigma's thread in its entirety and even if it's 'messy' (which i do not think it is), the mess was caused by other forumers and not sigma himself. in fact, sigma has even stated that ppl should stop commenting in his thread. so we are effectively penalising sigma for the 'mess' created by others.
Back to top Go down
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:29 pm

asahi wrote:
Well, he is still able to do so so he may......

Thanks for the clarification. This is indeed a great and open forum.
Back to top Go down
hammy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hammy

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:37 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Make sense?

personally, i don't really care how moderators do their jobs. at the end of the day, they are the ones putting time and effort into maintaing this forum, and like many have said, i think they've done a great job. if ppl dont' like it, they can leave. that said, i think they've got it wrong this time. and i'm not saying this as someone who's interested in the stuff on sale in Sigma's thread. I'm just saying this from a perspective of what's fair.

Anyway, back to answering Duval's point. I don't think your analogy with wikipedia works here at all. Wikipedia serves an entirely different purpose from a golf forum. Ppl go to wikipedia to search for information on a specifc topic and some ppl (God bless their souls) even rely on the info in wikipedia. That is certainly not the case here. Its like comparing apples and oranges. And the irony is that some ppl do actually find sigma's WTS thread interesting and not 'crappy'. And of cos the greatest irony is that there are so many other threads out there which are full of irrelevant info, and which do not receive the same treatment.

anyway i'm not here to take sides. i just want to say that we should be level headed, and most importantly be fair in our comments and treatment of fellow forumers.

oh btw, i have read sigma's thread in its entirety and even if it's 'messy' (which i do not think it is), the mess was caused by other forumers and not sigma himself. in fact, sigma has even stated that ppl should stop commenting in his thread. so we are effectively penalising sigma for the 'mess' created by others.

Hear hear! My thoughts exactly, but I wasn't able to express them in such a succinct way.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:42 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Blah ... Blah ... Blah .... oh btw, i have read sigma's thread in its entirety and even if it's 'messy' (which i do not think it is), the mess was caused by other forumers and not sigma himself. in fact, sigma has even stated that ppl should stop commenting in his thread. so we are effectively penalising sigma for the 'mess' created by others.

Bro, what u said is not entirely accurate. There was one particular incident that the "mess" was partly (maybe more than partly) created by Sigmaone himself - Reference to the verbal tussle between Peace2903 and Sigmaone himself. As a service provider, Sigmaone did not handle the situation well ... He has to be mindful that Peace is afterall a potential customer and he therefore should be more customer-centri albeit it may be a case of mis-communication.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Turbo wrote:
scottycollector wrote:
Blah ... Blah ... Blah .... oh btw, i have read sigma's thread in its entirety and even if it's 'messy' (which i do not think it is), the mess was caused by other forumers and not sigma himself. in fact, sigma has even stated that ppl should stop commenting in his thread. so we are effectively penalising sigma for the 'mess' created by others.

Bro, what u said is not entirely accurate. blah blah blah

Turbo, key word is "caused". That incident was "caused" by peace2903 saying something rude which invited a response from sigma.

anyway this is my last comment on this matter. i've said my piece.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:00 am

scottycollector wrote:
Turbo wrote:
scottycollector wrote:

Bro, what u said is not entirely accurate. blah blah blah

Turbo, key word is "caused". That incident was "caused" by peace2903 saying something rude which invited a response from sigma.

anyway this is my last comment on this matter. i've said my piece.

As I said, if he handled the situation well, the situation will be under control (and not so messy) and the magnitude of the messiness would not be out of proportion. In other words, the ugly by-product would be minimized for sure.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 am

I personally don't see any issue with that Sigma's hot thread. He did his selling as the Marketplace offered. How he managed the tidiness of his thread or his customer support is his business. Whoever doesn't like, leave the thread. That's all.

In fact, there were even mo inputs added from other forumers which were irrelevant to the topic.
Back to top Go down
DC73
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
DC73

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:28 am

Its really sad that things got to end this way.

As much as what the forum was originally setup for, I guess there are still decision makers who will decides how they want the forum to be run and what they want in the forum.

SIGMAONE as they have stated is only a guest in the forum, likewise all of us. Having said that, it is our own free choices to either accept the decision or just move on.

Fruitless to debate over what has been done, as ultimately we are just here purely for one common interest in golfing.

Aside to SIGMAONE, thank you for the many advises that you have given. I look forward to seeing your success in both your business and golf in the near future ! Nothing lost, its just a forum.

Cheers !

Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:53 am

KISS keep it simple stupid! As an ordinary forummer, I will sure miss the topic. By saying this will my future posts be banned too? Anyway this is the best or would say throne golf forum in this red dot. Good job maintaining it n let's hope less upsets n zero politics here. Cheers! Happy golfing
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 am

scratch ... Only the thread is locked what... SigmaOne is not banned... Furthermore mods explained the reason... If he wants, he can still open another thread (an organised one).

If there is a dirty room in my house, i'll also lock the room until it's cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:38 am

Anyway ... All these will just drive sympathy votes to sigma... Raise questions among the more discerning forumers ... Do consider the repercussions ...the underdogs could one day become your main stay

... I've casted my vote Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:42 am

More discerning forumers? Underdogs? Repercussions?

Was that a threat?
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:49 am

Sorry if u read it as a threat!

Lol
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am

Sounded quite fierce'lah pippin. I thought you were the more cutesy kind, like your avatar. No?
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 am

You haven't met me yet ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread   Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding the locking of Sigmaone's WTS thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next