Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using Trackman during lesson

Go down 
+4
Khorkar
TourSwing
eiji
Cyp_PGA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Using Trackman during lesson Empty
PostSubject: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi Guys ,

All lot of people tell me that now every tour player use trackman for improving their swing. I was wondering if too much technology will actually make you more a "range pro" than an actual golfer since you trying hit certain number such as attack angle , club face angle , path ... do you think it does improve player by using it all the time ? Any comment will be appreciate. Thanks

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Different players will appreciate different apporaches to the game. Some will perform better or improve faster with the technical data, other might be better with less technicality.

I think at some point in time having the information will help a player better understand just what is happening, will he need this information all the time very much depends. Are you a robot that can tweak and minor adjustments base on every single reading. Can you adjust your face angle and path by 0.5 degrees in or out after each swing.

The answer lies within yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Not every tour player uses trackman, but quite a few do, and the list is expanding fast!

This question is along the same lines as countless others with the common theme ... is technology good or bad? E.g. Is the internet a good thing? Should goal line technology be used in football? Etc etc ... There is no 100% right answer, just pros and cons ... In the case of trackman the pros and cons are fairly obvious, and its for the individual to choose whats best for them ...

Pros can be broadly divided into two groups , feel players and the technicians!

Bubba watson the most creative of players is a feel player ... and arent we glad hes around!!

But if trackman numbers allow you to gain an extra 10-15 yards, tighten dispersion, and fix your chronic swing issues ... Wouldnt you use it to your advantage ... ?

Trackman has helped rewrite the outdated ball flight laws , allowed for unprecedented advancements in equipment, taken clubfitting to a new level , etc

Its a very powerful tool , that i would love to have, but unfortunately its a luxury i cant afford $$ ... However times are changing ... And all sorts of gadgets are entering the market .. Exciting times ahead!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 pm

The saying in new age that data is the key to knowledge. But what do you do with the data which will turn it to be value? The answer is what do you want to do with it.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:16 pm

They definitely use it when they are fine tuning their gear.

As far as for fine tuning the swing. I could see it the cases where guys are super technical or maybe they are working on something and want to see if it is materializing in the actual swing. Feel and real produce two different beasts and having trackman or something of the like can help illustrate that point.

I would still think it is used more for equipment fine tuning than swing mechanics...but that is more of a guess from experience than actual data from the tours supporting my statement.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Hi Guys ,

All lot of people tell me that now every tour player use trackman for improving their swing. I was wondering if too much technology will actually make you more a "range pro" than an actual golfer since you trying hit certain number such as attack angle , club face angle , path ... do you think it does improve player by using it all the time ? Any comment will be appreciate. Thanks

Think your question refers to a person's learning style. Trackman, Swing Coaches, Video Analysis, iphone apps etc are but the training methodologies or approaches to help the learner golfer.
Everyone has a mix of learning styles. Some people may find that they have a dominant style of learning, with far less use of the other styles. Others may find that they use different styles in different circumstances. There is no right mix. Nor are your styles fixed. You can develop ability in less dominant styles, as well as further develop styles that you already use well.

Nowadays the general preference for learning is gravitating towards BLENDED LEARNING, mixing n maximising on the best of a select variety of methodologies

According to the gurus in eduction there are Seven Learning Styles as follows:

1 Visual (spatial): pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
2 Aural (auditory-musical): sound and music.
3 Verbal (linguistic): words, both in speech and writing.
4 Physical (kinesthetic): body, hands and sense of touch.
5 Logical (mathematical): logic, reasoning and systems.
6 Social (interpersonal): learn in groups or with other people.
7 Solitary (intrapersonal): work alone and use self-study

So i'm guessing those preferring trackman are those whose learning styles are more 1) Visual & 5) Logical
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:53 am

jeffman88 wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:
Hi Guys ,

Think your question refers to a person's learning style. Trackman, Swing Coaches, Video Analysis, iphone apps etc are but the training methodologies or approaches to help the learner golfer.
Everyone has a mix of learning styles. Some people may find that they have a dominant style of learning, with far less use of the other styles. Others may find that they use different styles in different circumstances. There is no right mix. Nor are your styles fixed. You can develop ability in less dominant styles, as well as further develop styles that you already use well.

Nowadays the general preference for learning is gravitating towards BLENDED LEARNING, mixing n maximising on the best of a select variety of methodologies

According to the gurus in eduction there are Seven Learning Styles as follows:

1 Visual (spatial): pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
2 Aural (auditory-musical): sound and music.
3 Verbal (linguistic): words, both in speech and writing.
4 Physical (kinesthetic): body, hands and sense of touch.
5 Logical (mathematical): logic, reasoning and systems.
6 Social (interpersonal): learn in groups or with other people.
7 Solitary (intrapersonal): work alone and use self-study

So i'm guessing those preferring trackman are those whose learning styles are more 1) Visual & 5) Logical

well researched and presented.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 am

on the topic of trackman, golf ball manufacturers claims theirs give you distance, more spin, etc etc.. so does it matter whether you are hitting a pro V1 vs a Power blitz ball on the Trackman?

The dimples, composition and the weight of the ball affects the ball flight. given that on the trackman, the ball doesn't really fly out,(unless you are on the range).

Asking out of curiosity, not that the balls make a difference to my game... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Trackman during lesson   Using Trackman during lesson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Trackman during lesson
Page 1 of 1