Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans

Go down 
+5
Mike888
shamusan
watermyforrest
Christo72
DGman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans Empty
PostSubject: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 am

everyone who is Singaporean may have a chance to say they are owners of the La Quinta Resort and Club. The GIC is reported bidding US$1.5 billion for Paulson Hotel Group which owns this beautiful property in La Quinta, California.

we are here to appreciate the golf course and hopefully we can refrain from business analysing on this thread.

here's the beauty and some of the holes (unfortunately not the landscape) that looks very similar to my home course.

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841747132_a8ddde4292_z

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841747610_fe59314ea8_z

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841746570_cdc5ff193f_z

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841747932_112a0a6456_z

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841746834_69994ab0d8_zThis golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841748876_9bd2838445_z

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841746288_7cda6dd362_z

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans 7841748228_2aa05651b0_z

enjoy the scenery......AK look familiar?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Christo72
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 am

Haha, Eric. On our home course, we get to see army barracks, telecommunication signal post, big canal....
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 am

DGMan, the first 2 pics certainly reminded me of the course... Btw, time to organise our quarterly game with Sham & PS
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 pm

yes yes.. i'm hungry!
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:21 pm

the pictures are breathtaking.

btw, pls pardon me, where is the "home course" that you guys are referring to.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:44 pm

My guess... Laguna
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Played the Stadium course there some years back, it's a fantastic piece of land carved out of the desert.

Hope Singaporeans get preferential rates in time to come! Razz
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:35 pm

lets fatten PS for a few more days before we send him to the slaughter house.......i remember that he has to give us 5-5 after his recent promotion.

next wednesday seems like a good date Feng Shui wise. it favours those who are born in the year of the rat, chicken or monkey and especially good for those born in the dawn to before 9 am segment.

well....let me know if you guys are ok before i pull the trigger.

DGman

PS both courses (Laguna and La Quinta) are designed by Pete Dye and hence the signature is there.

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Wow ... really nice!! Seems I must try Laguna one of these days ... coming from dubai I feel most of the courses here do not have many "wow" moments ...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:44 pm

you really want WOW.....try the World Classic at Laguna.....if you can break 100 first time round, i will go WOW. but if you cannot, do not give up golf.

most pros on their first outing will be happy to break 90.

DGman
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 pm

DGman wrote:
you really want WOW.....try the World Classic at Laguna.....if you can break 100 first time round, i will go WOW. but if you cannot, do not give up golf.

most pros on their first outing will be happy to break 90.

DGman

I really meant WOW moments and not WTF moments lol!
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Will be there in Nov .. Was thinking of trying TPC Stadium .

But DGman's photos is making me think twice now ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans   This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This golf course may technically be owned by Singaporeans
Page 1 of 1