Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfers dressing sense

Go down 
+27
asahi
Bangla123
pushslice
eiji
DGman
meia07656
nientsu
TDO
schnell
Begbie
rabbit
ocp23
peace2903
enwee
Slicer51
golfjoy
Suzuki
samT
loserjo
EastCoastHack
riverdeity
robert33
sob
ChrisD
jeffman88
chien
LateGolfer
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ocp23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Frankly, I am not concern with the dress sense of golfers. I am more concern of high handicapper playing from blue tee when they should be playing from the white tee. Apology for the OT.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:34 pm

peace2903 wrote:
Btw, when u Hv a bright top, u should pair with a neutral bottom & vv. UNLESS u r a big fan of JD & that is really another 'class' of fashion. Anyway, Since my body shape is so 'loud' already, i will try to be subtle in my dressing. Smile

Agree with you on this, totally. cheers
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 am

Has golf fashion progressed much from yesteryear? Skirts and pants hv definitely shrank to reveal more legs eh?....

Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 Yesterday-golf-fashion
Back to top Go down
rabbit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
rabbit

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:41 am

Been watching alot of golf channel lately.
I guess the golf game has evolved over time.
When I watch the 'old pros' play, they are all dressed in the 'gentlemen attire' with colors around black, khaki, white...
The 'newer' generation are walking onto the golf course with extremely bright or neon colors- Rickie fowler in bright orange with puma/cobra & John daly in loudmouth attire.
I guess it is an era statement & it just shows which era a golfer you are. Smile
Cannot imagine if all of us are dressed in the hickory look with cigar in our mouth swinging wooden clubs!
Just like soccer, NBA, some stars have the most outrageous haircut, shoes etc!
My friend bought a bright green Adidas pants & his mom asked him if the pants belong to his friend.
By the way I grew to like the bright colors after watching golf channel! afro
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 am

Actually, dunno why.... I'm more forgiving for lady golfers to wear loud & sexy attire.... Is it me or in general for the guys here... Saw a trio of Koreans in... So kawaii attire.... Razz..... Guess where...mandai Executive! Inspirational!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:49 am

me thinks also current generation of golfers's sense of being well dressed include the wearing of sunshades, baseball caps/ visors (vs the sunhats of yesteryear) as well as luminous colorful silicone belts besides the bright loud graphics of the short sleeve polo tees in dri-fit synthetic materials
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:56 am

As much as i like to read a new thread discussion this is beyond me .. I do not wear loud colors on course but sure many of my friends do. Whats wrong with it ? Are we going to comment on what golfers should hv for breakfast ? Ridiculous la... To each his own laa... U fashion police is it ?
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:21 am

does it matter? its the golfers' preference of expressing themselves..perhaps you can share what is tips on dressing up for the golf course...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 am

Eh, may I ask what is the real concern with what others are wearing. I think everyone is entitled to their own inventive colour coordinate. Some like to be modern and up to date, others like to dress conservatively, I mixed my clothing sense with combination of the old and new. But ultimately, I am comfortable and happy and see no reason why others should be concerned with what I wear. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 am

Talking about dress sense. Was just wondering, is it ok to wear a soccer jersey on the golf course?

Always hope i can plan a soccer themed golf game.

Heck, too much soccer over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 am

Leave the poor guy alone. He probably will never post again.
There is nothing wrong with statement.
How many times do you see a really old guy dressing like a teenager.
I think that is a bigger issue.
Every morning I have to ensure I dress like an uncle before leaving the house.

Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 am

sergio garcia wore a spain jersey while playing a round of golf to celebrate spain winning the world cup...can't remember if it was for an official tournament

Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 Sergio-garcia_1687301c
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am

@meia075545673235675556775434

We have seen what u wore on the course. Even a $5 hoe will turn a blind eye.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:45 am

Begbie wrote:

hoe?
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
robert33

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am

nientsu wrote:
Talking about dress sense. Was just wondering, is it ok to wear a soccer jersey on the golf course?

Always hope i can plan a soccer themed golf game.

Heck, too much soccer over the weekend.

Fantastic idea!!!

Maybe we form a flight of soccer jerseys!!!

But onli in jb... Kekeke...

Let mi know... I am keen...
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 am

Begbie wrote:

I dress age appropriate.
Don't even get me started you fat chubby people.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 am

schnell wrote:
sergio garcia wore a spain jersey while playing a round of golf to celebrate spain winning the world cup...can't remember if it was for an official tournament

Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 Sergio-garcia_1687301c

a week before that, Spain won the world cup for the first time.

Sergio wore this to celebrate Spain's victory during the Open Championship at St Andrew's in 2010...and only on the 2nd day of the practice round and not during the tournament itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:00 am

We could organise a soccer team fans vs fans game. Then get approval to wear jerseys for the game.

Derek could probably set it up as a MGK event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:03 am

eiji wrote:
We could organise a soccer team fans vs fans game. Then get approval to wear jerseys for the game.

Good Idea mate !!!!!

Don't know when's our next GR game, so perhaps this is a great idea to get it done.. cheers

Lets do it !!!!

p/s: most likely it will be "man u fans vs dislike man u fans" lol!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 am

hmm got me thinking of a our own Ryder cup game e.g. GR Europe fans vs GR USA fans What a Face
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 am

chien wrote:
eiji wrote:

Good Idea mate !!!!!

Don't know when's our next GR game, so perhaps this is a great idea to get it done.. cheers

Lets do it !!!!

p/s: most likely it will be "man u fans vs dislike man u fans" lol!

Geylang united anybody?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:20 am

pushslice wrote:
hmm got me thinking of a our own Ryder cup game e.g. GR Europe fans vs GR USA fans What a Face

Bro..

As the newest Mod on line, maybe u can organize this as your pet project ??

Heee...... cheers

Seriously, why not huh ?? We could do one next month in September.. Let me know if you need help man..
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:25 am

pushslice wrote:
You talking about soccer vs. real football?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 am

meia07656 wrote:
pushslice wrote:
You talking about soccer vs. real football?

neither.

real football? you mean joe montana and jerry rice football? they should have called it throw and catch...that aint football when the kicked "ball" (does it look like a ball) gets 31 points and crossing the line with "ball" in hand gets 76 Razz

I even got it wrong hahaha
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 am

Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 Ladies-Golf-Stockings

talking about soccer. I once had a colleague (soccer freak) who just learned golf and wore his tall red soccer stockings to his first game to the amusement of our flight... then later i noticed on LPGA games many ladies esp Jap were also wearing tall stockings... wonder how many here in GR sport this interesting fashion on e course? My colleague thought it was good as it protected him from the tall grass in the rough as he was wearing golf shorts and not long pants...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfers dressing sense   Golfers dressing sense - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfers dressing sense
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next