Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added

Go down 
+31
ahnah
meia07656
Charlietks
Winston
Aloyboy
dmateo
scottycollector
S70B
Khorkar
asahi
dweiming
joshyo
danielleecm
mUAr_cHEe
kian
peace2903
nrafee
DLWL
Suzuki
pushslice
mloy
Technospaz
pippin
jeffman88
Bear
Begbie
nientsu
alvin7379
eiji
DGman
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Convection or conventtional oven or broiler will do fine. if its for 2 person and if you have a meat thermometer, you can even use a toaster oven (for bread).

cooking is understanding when to use heat, so you don't need an expensive oven.

Now the sauce - for 2 to 3 persons...

heat a cup of heavy cream or double cream in a sauce pan. when its roughly reduced by half, add some loose Rockford Cheese (Blue Cheese), like a handful and stir it gently. you can also add milk if you do not like your sauce too heavy.

if you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add half an onion (ringed).

when everything is mixed well, add chives and serve.

this sauce can be used for chicken or fish dish as well. the only difference is you need to add the juice of half a lemon. DO NOT add lemon for steak dish.

hope it helps......DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Ur a saviour. Now I know what to make for Valentine's next year. But first time to try this awesome instructional recipe myself!

Btw, was Urs medium rare Eric? Sure looks Damn good.
Back to top Go down
dweiming
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:24 pm

I believe if after eating those steak, I will be able to hit the ball better!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:45 pm

pushslice wrote:
eiji wrote:

Buy BFG wedges got free steak hor?

I like...

I cannot agree more!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Bloody nice...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Bloody nice...

No blood. Its just nice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:27 pm

for true measure, the steaks shown is medium not rare. when its rare, there is a tad more juice and the steak will appear "bloody".

good steak is best enjoyed rare or medium.

will post one with sausage, cannellini beans and tomatoes hopefully soon, that one is brainless to make, goes well with a nice bread and will make your spouse, other half or bf/gf or children very happy.

now i need to get back to my full-time job.

DGman
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Everything looks delish.... except for the blue cheese dressing.

I have tried n tried but a rub of ur arse w ur finger is what that smell reminds me of. No
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Erm what is it u'v tried n tried? Blue cheese or that thing w ur finger? :}

Eric I'm thoroughly inspired. I shall try making this over the weekend
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:47 pm

I can show u if u r curious.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:55 pm

One thing that is misleading in my opinion is the title.
This definitely will improve your golf swing. Satisfied mouth, full tummy, feasted eyes on the beautiful color, that makes a golfer realy calm and focused on their swing.

Well done Eric, a very very nice post and steak.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Rex......when you cook it with cream and finished off with chives, there is no trace of the pungent from blue cheese. what you will get is a little smokiness rich sauce with a distinctive aroma.

i deglaze the pan used to sear the meat with brandy and did not even switch to the sauce pan.

DGman

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Hmmm....

I think I wil take ur word for it Eric. Laughing

Last time I had bleu cheese accidentally I nearly fainted.

Btw, any diff in searing the meat w the butter 1st then putting it in the oven instead?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Rex, don't take his word for it, demand a taste test!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 pm

if you do not sear the meat and put it in the oven instead, you will need to go very high heat for the first few mintues. You can also use a torch but nothing beats the searing from a iron skillet. most ovens cannot go above 230 degrees C. the result of not searing is the meat will "sweat" and lose lots of juice in the process of cooking. that means the meat will be dry and will not retain the juice.

the butter on the sear meat before it goes into the oven is to give it a nice glaze.

blue cheese is like stinky tofu or durian, some people cannot stomach them.

Eiji..good try!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Welcome to BFG Restaurant....

Smell good and tasted great.... yummy... I am so freaking hungry looking at the phones that Eric shown me...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:15 pm

phones?
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:16 pm

i went to buy 2 angus ribeye from QB after i saw the post...to cook tmr.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:18 pm

QB is cheap, but i find there meat pretty different in taste and quality.

kian....call me if you need last minute instructions.

Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:24 pm

wah eric.... u should open a steak house beside ur den... i tihnk can make alot!

somemore 1 free steak for ppl who go fitting! hahah
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:45 pm

As Eric mentioned, a quick way to get easy and tasty sauce is to delgaze the pan or skillet used to seal the meat. Deglaze is a cooking term which means to remove the "parts" that stick to the bottom of the pan. It can be fat, oil, drippings etc.

This is a very good alternative to making demi-glaze or "tradiditonal' brown sauce which can take a very long and tedious time.

Deglazing-

Add in alcohol of choice (Normally red wine / brandy) and flame it, this will help to add some liquid into the pan. This process also burns off the alcohol. add in stock of your choice, add in some butter if you like or cream to help smooth-en and also thicken the sauce.

For those that cant take alcohol, you can use chicken stock, beef stock,vegetable stock without adding alcohol . remember to use just enough to help dissolve the "bits" stuck to the bottom of the pan.

Another alternative is to use the roasting pan. this is especially good is you roast meats and vegetables together in the oven. Or if you roast meats on a meat rack and you have a try below which catches the drippings......yyyyyyyuuuuuuuummmmmmm..............................

BTW Eric, try aged beef. about 3 months old.....
Back to top Go down
Charlietks
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Was supposed to have a steamboat for 6 tmr...now feel like changong to steak.
The good thing is,if i fail, no need to invite pple over in future. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 am

Sacrilege!! Putting sauce on a good piece of meat.
Put sauce on an old piece of shoe leather or road kill.
Don't kill the flavor by saucing.
A good steak is to be ate bloody.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:28 am

agree meia07656.......or a dash of truffle oil will do just fine too.

Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:38 am

DGman wrote:
Sorry to disappoint the readers on what is potentially the most irrelevant thread on golf this week. There is nothing to buy, nothing to sell and nothing to cure your BIS.

i have tried the recipe for a 24-hour steak which takes a long time to prepare, fussy but the end result is the most tender and succulent piece of ribeye. now we need to raise the bar - shorter preparation time and an equally excellent piece of juicy steak that meets the demanding gourmet expectations.

without much ado here is how it pans out....

Tenderloin from Hubers' Butchery. One can choose the Argentina grass fed which at about 300g will cost about $13. The US prime will set you back about $40 and the Angus 200-day Grain fed will tip in at $43.50. for this purpose, we have used the US prime because i like the marbling on those tenderloins.

ideally you want your tenderloins to be 2 inch or at least 1 1/2 inch thick. we had 5 pcs in 2 inch and 4 pcs for the smaller eater at 1 1/2 inch. the 2 inch will weight from 270 to 300g while the 1 1/2 will weight 220 to 240g.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746374486_610b565d44_z

Milled fresh black pepper and mix with sea salt (you can substitute with Koshler salt) but never use common table salt. it will ruin your steak. you can mill the black pepper (coarse) using a coffee or blender. its cheaper, faster and better than pre-pack or using a standard pepper mill.

the mixture is roughly one flat tablespoon of black pepper and one tablespoon of sea salt for each steak. if you prefer a less salty steak, you can go 2/3 black pepper and 1/3 sea salt.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746374752_9dbaabfcda_z

Pat dry the meat and coat the tenderloins with oil, then dip into the black pepper and sea salt mixture, coating it well.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746375052_d1d5794ee0_z

Using a very hot iron skillet (avoid teflon coated or aluminum pans cos its not hot enough), sear each side (top, bottom, 2 to 3 sides) for a full 2 minutes each. Your steak will not cook, its just to seal in the juice and create the crisp texture.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746375338_bf64e89c41_z

Whack them into the oven or broiler with a generous portion of unsalted butter to create a nice glaze.

timing at high deck of the oven, 200 degrees celsius - 8 minutes for rare, 10 for medium and 12 for done. use a meat thermometer to get better reading. roughly 120 for rare 135 for medium and over 150 for done.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746375878_4613e86449_z

the finished article - undress..

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746376358_1147416ee6_z

the finished article - dressed with saute field, portebello and brown mushrooms accompanied by a Rockford Cheese sauce with double cream.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746375560_396ac338b9_z

still pretty ordinary looking, but the inside...glorious. one of the best tenderloins i have had.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 7746376098_575e845966_z

enjoy my fellow GRians and meat lovers.......DGman

Nice one eric !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next