Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added

Go down 
+31
ahnah
meia07656
Charlietks
Winston
Aloyboy
dmateo
scottycollector
S70B
Khorkar
asahi
dweiming
joshyo
danielleecm
mUAr_cHEe
kian
peace2903
nrafee
DLWL
Suzuki
pushslice
mloy
Technospaz
pippin
jeffman88
Bear
Begbie
nientsu
alvin7379
eiji
DGman
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added Empty
PostSubject: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am

Sorry to disappoint the readers on what is potentially the most irrelevant thread on golf this week. There is nothing to buy, nothing to sell and nothing to cure your BIS.

i have tried the recipe for a 24-hour steak which takes a long time to prepare, fussy but the end result is the most tender and succulent piece of ribeye. now we need to raise the bar - shorter preparation time and an equally excellent piece of juicy steak that meets the demanding gourmet expectations.

without much ado here is how it pans out....

Tenderloin from Hubers' Butchery. One can choose the Argentina grass fed which at about 300g will cost about $13. The US prime will set you back about $40 and the Angus 200-day Grain fed will tip in at $43.50. for this purpose, we have used the US prime because i like the marbling on those tenderloins.

ideally you want your tenderloins to be 2 inch or at least 1 1/2 inch thick. we had 5 pcs in 2 inch and 4 pcs for the smaller eater at 1 1/2 inch. the 2 inch will weight from 270 to 300g while the 1 1/2 will weight 220 to 240g.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746374486_610b565d44_z

Milled fresh black pepper and mix with sea salt (you can substitute with Koshler salt) but never use common table salt. it will ruin your steak. you can mill the black pepper (coarse) using a coffee or blender. its cheaper, faster and better than pre-pack or using a standard pepper mill.

the mixture is roughly one flat tablespoon of black pepper and one tablespoon of sea salt for each steak. if you prefer a less salty steak, you can go 2/3 black pepper and 1/3 sea salt.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746374752_9dbaabfcda_z

Pat dry the meat and coat the tenderloins with oil, then dip into the black pepper and sea salt mixture, coating it well.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746375052_d1d5794ee0_z

Using a very hot iron skillet (avoid teflon coated or aluminum pans cos its not hot enough), sear each side (top, bottom, 2 to 3 sides) for a full 2 minutes each. Your steak will not cook, its just to seal in the juice and create the crisp texture.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746375338_bf64e89c41_z

Whack them into the oven or broiler with a generous portion of unsalted butter to create a nice glaze.

timing at high deck of the oven, 200 degrees celsius - 8 minutes for rare, 10 for medium and 12 for done. use a meat thermometer to get better reading. roughly 120 for rare 135 for medium and over 150 for done.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746375878_4613e86449_z

the finished article - undress..

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746376358_1147416ee6_z

the finished article - dressed with saute field, portebello and brown mushrooms accompanied by a Rockford Cheese sauce with double cream.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746375560_396ac338b9_z

still pretty ordinary looking, but the inside...glorious. one of the best tenderloins i have had.

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added 7746376098_575e845966_z

enjoy my fellow GRians and meat lovers.......DGman

Last edited by DGman on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:00 pm

DAMN IT ERIC....you made me very hungry Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Love the colours inside! drunken
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 pm

I WAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 pm

I am inspired to try this.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:05 pm

sure looks damn good !!! especially to someone who is dead hungry
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:13 pm

LOL great recipe! yummy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Sigh ... N u are having this for lunch??!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 pm

My take is simple.

Pictures don't do this justice. You need to savor it instead.

DGman, I'll be waiting for your invite Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Damn...makes me want to eat steak tonight.

Like Technospaz I am also waiting for an invite. Hahhaha...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 pm

DGMan.....aka beloved eric...when will we be gathering at your abode for a feast....

Buy BFG wedges got free steak hor?
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 pm

eiji wrote:

I like...
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 pm

I cannot take beef leh, but it look damm good, photo are well taken too. Can make into chicken or pork next time?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 pm

eiji wrote:

Issit???? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 pm

How to make the sauce boss? Wow *drools*
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 pm

wah! somemore post at lunch time! can smell the scent of bbq seared beef in the air liao.... sunny
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:27 pm

had lunch already... still salivate looking at those juicy meat...
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:01 pm

My wife always complains tt I've not cooked for her.... this looks like an inspirational piece and seems easy enough...I hope. And I am SERIOUS that I am inspired to cook this for my wife! Smile But needs more advice.

1) Like DLWL ......... how to make sauce! I think this is VERY important too.
2) Can those small convection oven do the job or i need those big ovens?

Thanks ahead!

Peace......
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:05 pm

boss how to make the sauce?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:08 pm

peace2903 wrote:
...and seems easy enough...

heeheehee... gd luck man.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 pm

convection oven can do the job as long as it can keep the temperature hor. I use one and they work ok. obviously I cook for two people and eric for 4 or more hehehe

the key is (as DGman said) is getting a good cast iron skillet to get a good initial charring without juices flowing out. I always used Le Creuset ones and Takashimaya has a 50% promo right now Very Happy

btw, if you use fattier cuts like rib eye or prime rib, no sauce needed. Kosher salt and black pepper is divine already

many wine based sauces recipe use demi glace, and that is hard to buy/make...cream based sauces are great for tenderloin. waiting for Eric to share recipes too.

eric, do you turn over the loins to char the sides as well?
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:15 pm

hmm..this man is not just a great fitter but a good cooker as well....!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:18 pm

danielleecm wrote:
... a good cooker as well...

Cook. A good cook. Master is not an electric appliance.

The Spelling Nazi Strikes!
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
peace2903 wrote:
...and seems easy enough...

heeheehee... gd luck man.

Hmmmm... How much for 4 pcs tt is already cooked, DGMan? :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added   !!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

!!! You are NOT going to improve your golf !!! New recipe added
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next