Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

country club

Go down 
+6
blee67
mloy
Technospaz
jeffman88
Angchug
kim001
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kim001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

country club Empty
PostSubject: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 pm

I've been playing golf at NSRCC. It is very crowded & congested. May I check with the Bro here:

1. which country club in the central & north regions is less crowded during weekdays? Is Seletar GC one of them?
2. which of the above does not require min number of balls (ie., one player is also allowed to play) & that buggy is not compulsory?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Buggy is optional for member at Seletar, Warren, Jurong, Sembawang and SICC old courses. Most of the private club are pretty easy to book on weekday compare to NSRCC. I just give up NSRCC last month n join RCC. Weekday especially in the morning I could just walkin, they allow single ball. The courses there is always 1/2 empty. If tee off at 7am you can clear 18 holes within 2 hrs n hv breakfast.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Sembawang is just as crowded as NSRCC atm as they only hv one 9-hole course open whilst the other is being remodeled and returfed....
Back to top Go down
kim001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:26 pm

Thanks for the replies. Look like Seletar is a better choice in the central and north regions. Another choic is SICC but it is beyond affordability. However, Seletar needs at least 3 balls for booking on weekdays. Look like have to start looking for new kaki who play there...
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:55 am

You can consider OCC too. They have 3 x 9 holes and night golfing.
Back to top Go down
kim001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

I understand that OCC is very congested.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Folks, let's get realistic here.

This is Singapore where there are a limited no. of golf courses within an acceptable "joining fee" range. (So, exclude the likes of SICC & Sentosa, and possibly TMCC and Laguna).

As a result, the # of courses left will no doubt be crowded. It is inevitable. Heck, I've even been told that those courses which we excluded above are also pretty congested.

If you find a club in Singapore which is not congested, reasonably priced, easy to get to, has good courses (preferable more than one 18) and decent facilities... let me know, I'm keen to join as well.

Go on... someone say RCC quick!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Technospaz wrote:

This is Singapore where there are a limited no. of golf courses within an acceptable "joining fee" range. (So, exclude the likes of SICC & Sentosa, and possibly TMCC and Laguna).

As a result, the # of courses left will no doubt be crowded. It is inevitable. Heck, I've even been told that those courses which we excluded above are also pretty congested.

If you find a club in Singapore which is not congested, reasonably priced, easy to get to, has good courses (preferable more than one 18) and decent facilities... let me know, I'm keen to join as well.

OCC....OCC......OCC

Techno bear in mind that all your friends are at OCC.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 pm

mloy wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

OCC....OCC......OCC

Don't get me wrong. I fully support OCC - I said so in another thread.

I'm just saying that people point out that clubs are overcrowded but how can we expect otherwise?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Technospaz wrote:
mloy wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

OCC....OCC......OCC

Don't get me wrong. I fully support OCC - I said so in another thread.

I'm just saying that people point out that clubs are overcrowded but how can we expect otherwise?

We get a VVIP player to play there like yesterday and the course will not be overly crowded. Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Yeah.... it was nice to have Kian play yesterday.

He even overshadowed EM.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Technospaz wrote:

He even overshadowed EM.

that and the long hitter too! Beer
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Technospaz wrote:

He even overshadowed EM.

Did Kian cycle to OCC with his bag?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:37 pm

nientsu wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

He even overshadowed EM.

Nope but his bodyguards were there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 pm

nientsu wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

He even overshadowed EM.

how did you know?!

he is jioing pple to go cycling during golf.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:47 pm

blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

He even overshadowed EM.

That one really hardcore. So hardcore for a game that he actually paid full guest rate to play. Talk about being prepared to invest so as to reap big rewards Wink
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Technospaz wrote:
blee wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

He even overshadowed EM.

That one really hardcore. So hardcore for a game that he actually paid full guest rate to play. Talk about being prepared to invest so as to reap big rewards Wink

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Angchug
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Angchug

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:41 pm

I think there is a mis-concept, in actual fact most private club are pretty empty on weekday. Weekend specially in the morning are mostly reserve for member only. In the past whenever we can't get slot at NRSCC over the weekend we play at OCC.
At RCC you can walkin any day ( weekday ). Weekend is always pack but you need is to join their monthly medal. All monthly medal games is on Sat afternoon ( 3 sat ). Last sat only 8 member turned up. Sunday afternoon you can just walkin. For sure you can get slots to play over the weekend unlike NSRCC
Seletar Golf Member 3,500, 18 holes.
RCC Golf member 1,500, 36 holes
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Angchug wrote:
I think there is a mis-concept, in actual fact most private club are pretty empty on weekday. Weekend specially in the morning are mostly reserve for member only. In the past whenever we can't get slot at NRSCC over the weekend we play at OCC.
At RCC you can walkin any day ( weekday ). Weekend is always pack but you need is to join their monthly medal. All monthly medal games is on Sat afternoon ( 3 sat ). Last sat only 8 member turned up. Sunday afternoon you can just walkin. For sure you can get slots to play over the weekend unlike NSRCC
Seletar Golf Member 3,500, 18 holes.
RCC Golf member 1,500, 36 holes

Thanks for the feedback Angchung but I'm pretty sure that folks here were talking about weekends. Complaints are usually about when something is needed the most, e.g. roads with bad traffic, ERP charges at peak hours etc. Likewise, quiet golf courses during weekdays don't count since most of us here are working and can only play on weekends when the clubs are congested.
Back to top Go down
LucasLowWs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm

TMCC is good
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:30 pm

LucasLowWs wrote:
TMCC is good

Are you member of TMCC Lucas ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

country club Empty
PostSubject: Re: country club   country club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

country club
Page 1 of 1