Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?

Go down 
+15
Newtogolf
swine
Quest
Branong
HyBriD
pocketace
h0ok_fighter
TourSwing
Cyp_PGA
siaokao
element17
TheFocalPoint
sagiteric
duffader
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Anyone using RBZ 3 wood? Many positive review on the longer distance. GD selling $219.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Alot of people using it, some say good, some say otherwise. Think u will still need to try it Des.
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:40 pm

The extra distance is due to the shaft length..

I used to own a RBZ 5w which has a similar shaft length compare to my cally 3w.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Head to head, i tried both the Burner 2.0 and RBZ on the same shaft.
Distance : RBZ about 5-7 yards longer on average.
Dispersion : Burner 2.0 miles tighter.
Feel : Burner 2.0 better.
Sound : Burner 2.0 better.
Back to top Go down
element17
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 pm

ball flight tends to be more penetrating than other 3fw, probably that's the reason it travels further. pretty easy to hit though Smile
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
siaokao

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Not sure if it goes further, relatively easy to hit. But I really hated that grove under the head.. picks up plenty of dirt and generally a pain to clean.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:57 pm

I had it the normal version . it goes as long as any other fairway wood for me . the thing is first they used light head weight with light weight shaft and it's slightly longer .it's slightly draw bias when it's sit on the ground ,but it's ridiculous forgiving from any type of lie . but the white head get dirty very easily. i don't like the space on the back hard to clean ....
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm

RBZ is out, titanium heads are in!
Back to top Go down
h0ok_fighter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
h0ok_fighter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:17 pm

2008 wrote:
Anyone using RBZ 3 wood? Many positive review on the longer distance. GD selling $219.

Best thing since sliced bread for me! You wont regret it.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:41 pm

The RBZ woods tend to be a tad longer in shaft (no surprises from TM!), so, not surprising if some of you encountered longer distances but higher dispersion too.

But for me, after I chop down the shaft (using after market shafts, btw) control is better, distance is still good. Eg, I find myself getting my RBZ 5w (19*) to distances where my old 3w brings me.

RBZ 3w I used mainly off the tee. Overall, RBZ Impact sound is also quite good, one of my favourite.

Do a google search, lotsa reviews online. This one by far is most interesting http://www.mygolfspy.com/rocketballz-haircut-challenge/
If you are familiar with the bad blood traditionally between MGS and TM, this review will put things into context

Btw, the face is deeper. Unlike the low profile fw in the market. Yes, the dirt trapped in the velocity slot and maintaining the whiteness of the head is a bit of a pain. Also, the black face wears out quite easily. You will notice a 'star burst' from repeated strikes on the club head.

Like all clubs, RBZ woods are not for everyone. You should try them out in the next TM demo day.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Have talked to a few golfers who swear that RBZ gives a better distance than their old Fw.

and have heard a few who say, its just the same.

I think everything depends on how you see it.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Branong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:38 am

I have tested a few models for the 3W. Generally it is indeed slightly longer than other FW clubs and more forgiving to get the ball lifted off the ground.

The downside was more of the upkeep of the white head. Especially the gap below which dirt are hard to wipe off
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:10 am

Tried the 3W a couple of times at the range. Distance is slightly longer but launch lower for me. Difficult to hit consistently, probably due to the shaft length. It's less forgiving compared to the R11 FW which I'm currently gaming.

Due to its lower launch, there's tremendous amount of roll. Good for teeing off but may not be able to hold the green.
Back to top Go down
swine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 am

So far I still find Maruman Shuttle is one of the easiest FW to use.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:18 am

2008 wrote:
I guess the only way is for you to try it on.

Its kinda personal.... Like buying underwear~ Embarassed

I love my Nike VRII 3W. But not everyone loves it. pale
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 am

the rbz is good, long, forgiving and easy to hit from the fairway... but the adams xtd is better
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:35 am

2008 wrote:
I guess the only way is for you to try it on.

Its kinda personal.... Like buying underwear~ Embarassed

I love my Nike VRII 3W. But not everyone loves it. pale
Back to top Go down
lsh87
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Tried it a couple of times at the range, extremely forgiving and easy to hit Smile
Back to top Go down
iluvcookies
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm considering btw Adams or the rbz. .. both have good reviews on them. Tried the rbz couple days ago. Its forgiving to hit. Can't really tell the distance cause the range balls were not that new anymore. Yet to try the Adams though.
Back to top Go down
damylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:14 am

I love my RBZs but a couple of friends who have tried it still prefer their own FWs... oh well... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?   Anyone using RBZ fairway wood? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone using RBZ fairway wood?
Page 1 of 1