Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off

Go down 
+6
nientsu
TDO
enwee
bryanachong
davecsh
10 posters
AuthorMessage
davecsh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
davecsh

Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off Empty
PostSubject: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying membership for a local country club as I sometimes find it very hasty to travel to JB for game, especially when there are massive jams.

As I normally only play with my wife during weekends/PHs, can anyone advise if any local country club allows 2 balls tee-off during weekends / PHs, rather than been put on waiting list like in NSRCC.
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Usually weekend need 3 balls
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Just asking , what are the membership prices like?
Back to top Go down
davecsh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
davecsh

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:38 pm

You can check out the following websites for a price guide.

http://www.teeup-golf.com/fra_main.htm
http://www.bestgolf.com.sg/index.html
http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~singolf/html/home.htm

Dun know if there are any better one. If yes, please kindly advise also.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Most of the clubs 3 balls required during wkend
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:51 am

davecsh wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying membership for a local country club as I sometimes find it very hasty to travel to JB for game, especially when there are massive jams.

As I normally only play with my wife during weekends/PHs, can anyone advise if any local country club allows 2 balls tee-off during weekends / PHs, rather than been put on waiting list like in NSRCC.

Not true there is massive jam if you travel by 2nd Link. Nearest is Poresia. Go in early and back Singapore by 12.30pm. No traffic from what I experienced. But they don't allow 2 balls to tee off early and will have to be put to last flight. But if can get 1 ball to join then no problem.

But let me warn you. Poresia is a no frills Course. Clubhouse and changing room is in deplorable conditions. If your objective is just to play golf and nothing else, this is the course for you. Besides being the nearest to Singapore, you can also pump petrol on the way back. Sort of compensation for the toll fees.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:57 am

Plus you will have TDO and a group of kakis theres waiting for you.....

What more can u ask for?

hahahaha
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:08 am

nientsu wrote:
Plus you will have TDO and a group of kakis theres waiting for you.....

What more can u ask for?

hahahaha

Yes bro Nientsu, I like that. But hor I always only 2 balls and have to join Asahi and his friends either on Sat or Sun.

But Sun I have 1 65 year old kaki who can drive 220yards without beating a sweat.

We usually play morning games only.
Swing
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 am

Freddy, At least now you play every week right?
Yesterday saw you, called you but you ignore me leh Sad

Agreed that Poresia offer the cheapest game so I am going to stop complaining about the course condition Razz
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:05 am

jimmychoo wrote:
Freddy, At least now you play every week right?
Yesterday saw you, called you but you ignore me leh Sad

Agreed that Poresia offer the cheapest game so I am going to stop complaining about the course condition Razz

Alamak! You did? Sincerely very sorry bro. Didn't see you. I saw Asahi, Cheong and Yong though. Smile Look forward to next game with you. Smile

Course condition is slightly better now with the new management. The rough are cut and some trees chopped making it more pleasant. Smile
Back to top Go down
davecsh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
davecsh

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm

TDO wrote:
davecsh wrote:
Hi guys,

Not true there is massive jam if you travel by 2nd Link. Nearest is Poresia. Go in early and back Singapore by 12.30pm. No traffic from what I experienced. But they don't allow 2 balls to tee off early and will have to be put to last flight. But if can get 1 ball to join then no problem.

But let me warn you. Poresia is a no frills Course. Clubhouse and changing room is in deplorable conditions. If your objective is just to play golf and nothing else, this is the course for you. Besides being the nearest to Singapore, you can also pump petrol on the way back. Sort of compensation for the toll fees.

Have been to Poresia with my kakis a couple of times. On a few occassions my ball went missing when I'm sure it was straight down the fairway or toward the greens, sometimes it were found plugged deep into the ground ! Monkeys stole my cigar when I left it in the buggy and once a black snake likely a cobra was seen lurking near one of the green (we abandon the hole and my friend's ball which was near the snake)! Other than that, no complaint as the green fee are cheap.

The problem is my wife felt pressurized when playing with others. She scored an average of 120s and unless another flight is behind us; she always wants to complete the hole even if its a 1 inch putt (coz she likes to hear the sound of the ball dropping into the hole) !!! Have been looking for another couple among our friends to join us but no couple play golf except for us.

Weekends / PHs are days where me and my wife wants to take a slower pace for a change. To get up at 4/5am and rush to JB and be back by noon doesn't seem right for us. Needless to say that Poresia require 3 balls to tee-off.

My usual golfing is at Damain18 where the flights are not that many. The fairways are rather challenging but if you can drive well, a par 4 can be easily reached in 2. The only set-back is some of the holes are rather quite dangerous as you can't see the flight infront of you when u tee-off. A ball actually came down on the roof of our buggy and balls landing near us were a common sights, guess we were lucky so far.

We usually tee-off at 9 or 10am and finished by 12 - 1pm, lunch and back SG by 3pm. Perhaps its the June's holiday and now the Fasting's month, traffics were congested for the last few rounds we went.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Yes, the course condition is much better now compare to 1 year ago.
They chopped down the big tree in Bougainvillea hole 7 is a big mistake! That tree was so well placed that make one to think how to play, now it's gone, it become a brainless hole. Neutral
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:39 pm

davecsh wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi,

Most local country clubs are packed on the weekends, so its usually quite difficult to play 2-balls. But the good thing is that you would probably meet and get to know kakis from the club, and so over time, you'll be able to find two others to form a flight.

Some CC (eg JCC) also allow members to tee-off in the evenings (after the last afternoon flight turn-around) for 9 holes on weekends, and these flights are usually less crowded, and 2-balls are allowed.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Dave..

There's a thread on country clubs membership in Singapore but i can't find it now..

I know what you mean, cos I like to take a relaxed walk on the course in the evening during weekends for 9 holes too...

Further I am always alone and so far the good marshals have been very accommodating in matching me up with other flights...

I don't really know how serious are you into the golf, and the amount of money you are willing to pay for the membership, but if these are not issues, I would "boast" that my club tmcc would suffice your requirements.. cheers

Of course, I'm not saying its the best and only option you have, but so far I'm so happy with the club and won't let it go for the foreseeable future....

Good luck !!

Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 5:09 pm

davecsh wrote:
Hi guys,

I doubt that any SGP clubs (including NSRCC) can have that luxury to let you play 2 balls for 18-holes round on weekends/PHs. Just too many golfers since nothing much to do in SGP on weekends.

But if you go 9-holes morning or evening, many clubs are quite alright with 2 balls, some even 1-ball can go liao. A relaxing 9 holes round is actually enjoyable as compared to a packed course for 18-holes round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off   Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Country Club - Weekends 2 balls Tee-Off
Page 1 of 1