Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?

Go down 
+14
cactuzone
Gofnut
56789pgs
sebastianlim
MrBig
siaokao
Sean76
hkhamateur
ChrisD
Turbo
nrafee
enwee
JonL_TK
blong
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? Empty
PostSubject: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:44 pm

wondering what this would cost me from 5-PW with 2nd hand R shafts including workmanship. Thanks
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 pm

$15-$20 per shaft (labour)

If you are buying from GR Marketplace just add the labour charge to what you are paying for the shafts

Last edited by JonL_TK on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Depending on what shaft are you looking at? NS Pro, DG, Project X or KBS?
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 pm

woah, thx for the quick replies. I'm at a stage where the specifc brand does not matter, I just used my colleagues steel shafted irons last friday and they felt really good for the Par 3s in terms of ..... dont know how to explain but i feel more confident predicting where it will land. Have to evaluate if this project is worth undertaking.....
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:21 pm

unless you really know what you want, changing the shaft at 15-20 a piece plus the cost of buying the steel shaft, will be more expensive then buy an new iron set.

eg, a new set of burner2.0 irons are going for 499 (Steel shaft) at the taka sale now.
or you can grab a set of 2nd hand set to try out.
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

cool thx!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:36 pm

It's hard to predict, because for steel NS Pro is much easier to play, DG is harder even for the R flex. KBS I do not had any experience yet. Also as for your experience, steel shaft does have this good feel also the distance control is better. You play only one shot, in golf you need more than 1 shot, also if you were using short irons only maybe you should try again on long iron. For me, I don't even hit long iron longer than 5 iron.
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:49 pm

enwee, thanks for the advice, I tried my friends club on all the par 3's and then decided I would love steel shafts. I'll probably keep an eye out for a 2nd hand steel shaft set here.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:54 pm

If you are looking at NS Pro 950, I think BFG got a few pull out sets. What's your friend steel shaft. Because basically NS Pro and some KBS weight abt 95g, DG is about 115g also depending on the weight of your head etc etc, too much stuff.
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm

er ok.... sounds abit too cheem for me. I think I will return all my borrowed clubs now that I am serious about the game and invest in something permanent, so this means an appointment with a fitter. thx for all the advice btw, so when I hit a lousy shot, at least I know its me...... Should stop being a galang guni man. Very helpful forum btw, have been reading posts the past 5 days, and found out alot of interesting stuff.. hope to play some rounds with some of you eventually too.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:58 pm

blong wrote:
er ok.... sounds abit too cheem for me. I think I will return all my borrowed clubs now that I am serious about the game and invest in something permanent, so this means an appointment with a fitter. thx for all the advice btw, so when I hit a lousy shot, at least I know its me...... Should stop being a galang guni man. Very helpful forum btw, have been reading posts the past 5 days, and found out alot of interesting stuff.. hope to play some rounds with some of you eventually too.
Actually, one of the good trial is go to one of the demo day, try out different shaft with the same head then u can be more sure. Fitting, will only fit if your swing is very consistent....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Blong, you should count yourself lucky to chance upon such golf forum where like-minded individuals with various degree of experties converge to share their experience and knowledge ... When I started off as beginner years ago, I dun have the luxury of getting all the info on golf within one portal ... GR is like a one-stop shop portal ... cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm

I ONLY PAY S$30 per pc FOR Ns Pro stiff include fitting cost.
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Woah, where did u get this done?
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:00 am

ChrisD wrote:
I ONLY PAY S$30 per pc FOR Ns Pro stiff include fitting cost.

Wow...bro Chris, pm me yr lobang ler? Question
Tx bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 am

Hi ChrisD, can also pm me your lobang....
Back to top Go down
siaokao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
siaokao

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:13 am

The last I heard a fitter quote for reshaft workmanship plus new grip plus spine plus lie adjustments, $180/set (I think 5-p). If u like the current head u have right now (full forged preferably), u should consider fitting aftermarket steel shaft and have them spined. Stock steel shaft and most factory "fitted" shafts r all not spined. U'll be surprised how much difference a simple process like this makes!

Last week I saw a set of irons with factory fitted project x flighted shafts.. Tested for spine and only one out of the 6 pcs have acceptable spine and the rest.. Very open or very closed face, one even have a reversed spine. So u can imagine how inconsistent it will be hitting this set of irons, with the same swing.. 7i and 9I fly left.. 6i fly straight, 8i and p fly right.. And for the reversed spined 5i.. Some time left.. Sometimes right.. Lol
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 am

For info, its 2nd hand NS Pro stiff.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:53 am

I got my shafting at $141 (workmanship for PW-4i; one new MC Golf Pride grip & the rest are used grips from my old shafts; included ferrules, spined, pulling out of old shafts from iron heads, pulling out of old grips from irons and mounted them on the new shafts).
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Turbo wrote:
I got my shafting at $141 (workmanship for PW-4i; one new MC Golf Pride grip & the rest are used grips from my old shafts; included ferrules, spined, pulling out of old shafts from iron heads, pulling out of old grips from irons and mounted them on the new shafts).

You mean $141 is only labour charge for pulling and replacing onto iron head (4-PW), 7 new ferrules, spinned and plus one new MC Golf Pride grip? Maybe can pm me further the contact and location?
Back to top Go down
MrBig
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MrBig

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm selling a set of Callaway x20 steel irons if you're interested.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t17826-wts-callaway-x20-steel-irons
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Sorry to borrow and pull up this thread.

Currently I have a set of r7 irons 5-p,s,a)and I wanna reshaft to ns pro 950 or 1050, new shafts, roughly how much? Anyone has a rouge gauge? I'm thinking of doing it in Far East though.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:21 pm

sebastianlim wrote:

Currently I have a set of r7 irons 5-p,s,a)and I wanna reshaft to ns pro 950 or 1050, new shafts, roughly how much? Anyone has a rouge gauge? I'm thinking of doing it in Far East though.
Generally, one shaft like NSPRO 950 is abt $40-50 excluding grip. With such pricing, wouldn't it be more sensible to get a sets from GD with NS Pro fitted on it?
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 5:37 pm

enwee wrote:
sebastianlim wrote:

Generally, one shaft like NSPRO 950 is abt $40-50 excluding grip. With such pricing, wouldn't it be more sensible to get a sets from GD with NS Pro fitted on it?

It is my old set and thought of changing it to steel shaft to use as spare set. 
Back to top Go down
56789pgs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 pm

sebastianlim wrote:
enwee wrote:
sebastianlim wrote:

It is my old set and thought of changing it to steel shaft to use as spare set. 
is it on graphite now? if so, I may be interest to take over if it is the R7CGB version Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?   re-shafting iron set with steel, cost? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re-shafting iron set with steel, cost?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next