Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??

Go down 
+6
DGman
sob
Shanks!
DRGjr72
shorthitter
TourSwing
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:16 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Shanks! wrote:
And i am quite poor at figuring out what went wrong in the Middle of the round, so I can't fix it fast.

And if you dont mind me saying so, there is your issue right there, A Pro would not try and "fix" his swing during a round, we get through it as best we can then go to the range afterwards and work it out.

Handicap golfers hit one bad shot, get angry/sad then try a different swing/swing thought on the next shot, then another on the next until all is crazy...

Appreciate the advice, it is very sound. Only problem is that When the pros swing is missing something, it is missing the fairway or the green. When mine turns bad, it is a slice to the other end of a borrowed fairway or a big duff during an approach. I have tried committing to the same (I think) swing after an almost good round and end up duffing 4 approach shots on last couple of holes. Not quite the kind of swing problems the pros would face in a typical round.

It might also just be apprehension, subconciousness, or otherwise. Anyway, just lack talent lah.

Sorry tourswing, Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Derek wrote:
sigh ... 6 Iron for 165m

damn LANPARs ..... lol!

Beer

Eh! But you low handicap leh!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Shanks! wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
Shanks! wrote:
And i am quite poor at figuring out what went wrong in the Middle of the round, so I can't fix it fast.

And if you dont mind me saying so, there is your issue right there, A Pro would not try and "fix" his swing during a round, we get through it as best we can then go to the range afterwards and work it out.

Handicap golfers hit one bad shot, get angry/sad then try a different swing/swing thought on the next shot, then another on the next until all is crazy...

Appreciate the advice, it is very sound. Only problem is that When the pros swing is missing something, it is missing the fairway or the green. When mine turns bad, it is a slice to the other end of a borrowed fairway or a big duff during an approach. I have tried committing to the same (I think) swing after an almost good round and end up duffing 4 approach shots on last couple of holes. Not quite the kind of swing problems the pros would face in a typical round.

It might also just be apprehension, subconciousness, or otherwise. Anyway, just lack talent lah.

Sorry tourswing, Topic OFF

It is exactly the same issue, just because we practice better than you our miss is (in handicap players eyes) more acceptable. But a miss is a miss.

On tv there is 25000 people for the ball to bounce off back to the fairway.

Who do u think is more qualified to 'fix' a swing mid round, Tiger or you?

Who attempts to fix? Not Tiger....

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Very interesting discussion ... Im coming off my worst round in many months , and cant help but wonder whether i could have done anything differently to change the outcome that day ...

Everything went wrong that day ... Hazard right , slice ... Hazard left, hook ... Conservative tee off with iron, shank ... GIR hole , 3 putt ... Didnt realize it then, but must have been guilty of overthinking it!
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 pm

I remember reading somewhere a statement by one of the pros that those guys at the top understand themselves a lot better than average folks like us, thus they are able to come around faster and prevent major disasters that plagues our weekend games. Thought it was in tiger's book......but anyway, since I do not have his book at the moment, a quick google throws this up.

http://www.pgatour.com/2012/tournaments/r010/03/02/transcript-woods/index.html

It is a transcript, that shows that he understood what went wrong in the middle of a round and he fixed it.

I think the difference is not about whether we should try to fix it. If we know it, we should! But the pros see it so much quicker and sharper than social golfers like me.

Like I said, simply no talent lah!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Maybe they know the real problem and we don't really know the real problem? And when we start correcting what we think is the problem, we create another problem.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2