Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??

Go down 
+6
DGman
sob
Shanks!
DRGjr72
shorthitter
TourSwing
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? Empty
PostSubject: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Have been hearing great things about this shaft ... the spin problems of the KBS Tour are no more ... lower launch and less harsh than PX , and lesser spin than the DG = more distance with tighter dispersion!

There's a lot of talk about the c-taper playing a flex stiffer than expected ... anyone care to share their experiences? especially anyone gaming a S+ ...

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? Fit_system_banner

http://kbsgolfshafts.com/images/fit_system_pages/fit_system_banner.png
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:51 pm

I like em, very solid shaft. Not as good dispersion rate as steel fibre I think, but I think longer.

Recommend highly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:52 pm

I have the C taper S and they are everything they claim to be. One of the best iron shafts I have ever hit.

They are less harsh than the original PX and I don't have any issues with launch. The spin is perfect for me.

All in all they are great shafts. Look great and perform.

FYI Driver speed is 105-115 and I hit my 7 iron 160-165 yards.

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

I am gaming MP63 on C-tapers S+. Really happy with it. Was with PX6.0 but they hurt my elbow, so ordered the c-tapers based on the flex chart that you posted on another thread.

I must say though, that it took me a while to get use to the shaft. I found them too stiff initially and was really not hitting them well, to a point when I almost gave up on it. Got some reassurance from DGman that they should ok for me and I kept trying till I got it right. Now I am very happy with them and I hit my best round with them this year. More importantly, no elbow problems.

I don't experience the claimed distance improvement, but the dispersion certainly looks great.

Anyway, I am a high handicap, so take my input accordingly.

btw, anyone interested in a set of MP32 with Px6.0?

Shanks!
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm

I luv them!
Gaming them on a MP-69, stock was the DGs, I tried the DGs for a while but still like the feel of the KBS.It's Like the PXs in terms of performance less the kick, much smoother unloading.
Gives me great confidence in my irons compared with the DGs.

Nice height compared to the other KBS model,had the the Tour 90 on a MP-57 which I felt was way too high cost me some distance.

I say try them out in a demo before you decide.

U a Longhorn?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 pm

its good to hear that your C-tapers are performing, especially when 2 out of 3 are on the BFG irons Very Happy

however i fitted a 13 year old boy from Sri Lanka this week. Nothing can keep his spin rate (7 iron) down to 7000 rpm, not even the C-Tapered S. Only the non-flighted PX 6.0 did the job of reducing his spin rate to the acceptable level. we tried a host of shafts like the KBS Tour, Satin 5.5 and even the new PXi.

so its not one shaft for everyone. a lot depends on how one swings the golf club and the build of the golfer...yes you saw right, the boy is 13 years old.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Wow , thanks for all the feedback! Teaching pro, playing pro, master clubfitter ... The holy trinity is complete!!! Beer
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 pm

DRGjr72 wrote:
I have the C taper S and they are everything they claim to be. One of the best iron shafts I have ever hit.

They are less harsh than the original PX and I don't have any issues with launch. The spin is perfect for me.

All in all they are great shafts. Look great and perform.

FYI Driver speed is 105-115 and I hit my 7 iron 160-165 yards.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Dan, yes it helps! I put your numbers on the kbs website (with some guesses) and it came back with a c taper s ... So good to know their online system has some merit!
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Yeah I doubled checked it as well and it seems to be pretty much spot on, so it is a decent tool to measure your stats against and see what comes up as a recommendation.

Very solid shaft company. Really liked the Kbs tour shafts, the c tapers just fit me a little better.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:31 pm

C_taper R or R+ is my next target Smile
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Shanks! wrote:
I am gaming MP63 on C-tapers S+. Really happy with it. Was with PX6.0 but they hurt my elbow, so ordered the c-tapers based on the flex chart that you posted on another thread.

I must say though, that it took me a while to get use to the shaft. I found them too stiff initially and was really not hitting them well, to a point when I almost gave up on it. Got some reassurance from DGman that they should ok for me and I kept trying till I got it right. Now I am very happy with them and I hit my best round with them this year. More importantly, no elbow problems.

I don't experience the claimed distance improvement, but the dispersion certainly looks great.

Shanks!

Perfect feedback Shanks! The c taper s+ is meant to be a tad bit stiffer than the px 6.0 but is very different at the same time. Good to know that you can handle it ... Mind my asking you how far you hit your 6 iron?

Btw Mizuno is still not offering c taper as an add on option ... Apparently their testing goes on Sad
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:34 pm

sob wrote:
I luv them!
Gaming them on a MP-69, stock was the DGs, I tried the DGs for a while but still like the feel of the KBS.It's Like the PXs in terms of performance less the kick, much smoother unloading.
Gives me great confidence in my irons compared with the DGs.

Nice height compared to the other KBS model,had the the Tour 90 on a MP-57 which I felt was way too high cost me some distance.

I say try them out in a demo before you decide.

U a Longhorn?

Good stuff ... Hook 'em horns!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:45 pm

DGman wrote:
its good to hear that your C-tapers are performing, especially when 2 out of 3 are on the BFG irons Very Happy

however i fitted a 13 year old boy from Sri Lanka this week. Nothing can keep his spin rate (7 iron) down to 7000 rpm, not even the C-Tapered S. Only the non-flighted PX 6.0 did the job of reducing his spin rate to the acceptable level. we tried a host of shafts like the KBS Tour, Satin 5.5 and even the new PXi.

so its not one shaft for everyone. a lot depends on how one swings the golf club and the build of the golfer...yes you saw right, the boy is 13 years old.

DGman

Dgman i hit the nonflighted px 6.0 today at mizuno golfhouse (sale) just for kicks ... Both mp 63 and 53 ... 6200 spin , 205-210yds total distance (dont trust the sim), landing angle less than 50 , but launch a bit high at 18 degrees ... Word on the street is c-taper is even better!!! The dg s200 over there was no comparison ...

You have anything with c taper s+ lying around?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 pm

call YL tomorrow and if we have a demo, will be happy to install it on your 6 or 7 iron. what LM are they using at GH?
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks ...

Dont know about the LM ... It was black and at a 90 degree angle , where a shank would kill it!!!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 pm

thats the foresight......single unit is known as GC2, with the attachment HMT it captures more than just launch, club and ball speed.

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? 6947455770_2bea910c88_c

Pretty accurate and used by all the major brands for demo and "club fitting". one chain in Thailand bought 5 units and after 2 months, 4 were smashed by shankers.

DGman
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Ha ha ... Ya thats probably the one!

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t16900-gc2-launch-monitor
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:42 am

TourSwing wrote:
Shanks! wrote:

Shanks!

Perfect feedback Shanks! The c taper s+ is meant to be a tad bit stiffer than the px 6.0 but is very different at the same time. Good to know that you can handle it ... Mind my asking you how far you hit your 6 iron?

Btw Mizuno is still not offering c taper as an add on option ... Apparently their testing goes on Sad

I pull a 6 iron when the pin is 165m away.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:01 am

DGman wrote:
its good to hear that your C-tapers are performing, especially when 2 out of 3 are on the BFG irons Very Happy DGman

And 2 out of the 3 sets attempted the Classic yesterday... with matching putters as well.. putting was awesome! Very Happy

Shanks you say you are high handicapper but hit 6 iron 165 meters??? I would not change anything then my man! Beer
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 am

Shanks have the power to match and he is a strong boy.

AK i have heard how your putting has developed recently, its awesome to hear such great news about the quality of your roll. very apt for a future ZEN Vector Putting Master.

Dan told me that he enjoyed the 11 holes despite the rain out and that the course was very different.

maybe its time to reveal your new putter....haha

DGman

Last edited by DGman on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shanks!
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Shanks!

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:25 am

Hi short hitter, when you see my short game and my consistency with my clubs, you would understand. My ball striking for short game is poor, so blow holes are common. And i am quite poor at figuring out what went wrong in the Middle of the round, so I can't fix it fast. Indeed, I am completely satisfied with my irons at the moment and do not intend to change anything. Focusing on pitch shots in the last 1/2 year seems to have some rub off effects on my irons, so let's see if good rounds are to come.

Also, tourswing, I just replaced my dg wedge on my gap to the same s+ as well. Very happy with the result and feel. Hope it helps.

Shanks!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:37 am

Shanks! wrote:
And i am quite poor at figuring out what went wrong in the Middle of the round, so I can't fix it fast.

And if you dont mind me saying so, there is your issue right there, A Pro would not try and "fix" his swing during a round, we get through it as best we can then go to the range afterwards and work it out.

Handicap golfers hit one bad shot, get angry/sad then try a different swing/swing thought on the next shot, then another on the next until all is crazy...

@DGman, I believe D G Junior is writing a review, I will add to that when it comes out, but I am rolling my rock very well thanks. Beer
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 am

@shorthitter - good advice....jotting down, thks
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:47 am

Shanks! wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
Shanks! wrote:

Shanks!

I pull a 6 iron when the pin is 165m away.

Thanks man , you've been a great help ... answers my fitting concerns!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:25 pm

sigh ... 6 Iron for 165m

damn LANPARs ..... lol!

Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??   KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KBS C Taper - are they all they're made out to be??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next