Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?

Go down 
+26
enwee
wizardofoz
garylin
beehome
Slicer51
Begbie
Derek
S70B
Duval_S
Schulo
bkll
hkhamateur
pushslice
meia07656
blee67
asahi
zhenxua
duffader
TLHENG
chien
AC
LousyGolfer
mloy
TDO
mUAr_cHEe
buweeza
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Begbie wrote:
To spend 4.5 hours of my time and spend my money with someone that I have to watch what I say coz he is having bad game causing them to blow like a buffoon regardless whatever reason is. Nor would I play with someone who tells me abt how bad I'm swinging or pass sarcastic remarks unnecessarily...

Your life so short, still wanna waste 5 hours on the course.... Rather spend it scratching my b#$%s ....

There are many nicer ppl out there... That's worth ur time and mine... peace

Absolutely man... Beer
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Derek wrote:
I remember the first year I started golfing, trained 5-7 times a week, at least 4 hours each time, longer on weekends (maybe 8 hours), worked on short game, worked on putting, went to Turf City to hit off grass, went to exec course NSRCC to work on irons, went to Tanglin to work on pitching, saw my coach regularly.

Each sat morning as I got ready for my regular game, was pumped up, thinking to myself, "I've put in the hours, I've trained so hard, I DESERVE a good score and a good game!"

However, reality seldom meets up to expectation. More often than not, something would happen during the game to make me snap. Either a drive pulled or snap hook OB, or push-sliced straight white, or a bad duff, or a series of duffs, or repeatedly missing short putts. I would literally see red and vent in some way. Resulted in 4 broken shafts and kaki's who did not really want to play with me anymore.

Perhaps I stubbornly believed that I was special, that although everyone says that Golf is difficult, I could be that special breed of player that can become a scratch golfer after 1 year even though taking up the game at the age of 35. As long as I worked hard enough, it could be achieved. On hindsight, my expectations were probably my biggest enemy.

Over time, I have convinced myself (perhaps it is a coping mechanism) that improvements in the golf can't really be forced, and that while we should still train hard and aspire to improve, we should not be too hard on ourselves when things don't seem to be getting better as quickly as we want. Golf is a journey, for some it will be smoother, for others, longer and more winding, but we should try to enjoy the journey as well, not just focus on the outcome.

Derek,

I did not really know you except remember meeting you before in one of the SSN. I never play with you before. I am an old man and a young player. Somehow, those things that you wrote always reflect to my personal experience. You soon belong my idol and I wish I can have a round with you and learn more of your wisdom Smile

Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 pm

chien wrote:

Thats why I always carry around a few cans of Heineken during my game !!!

cheers Beer Beer

Cobra Smiley

Thanks for the beer mate!!! A fantistic drink to have whilst watching your fantasic game Smile I promise to drink-drive (with cart and driver) with you the next time we golf... maybe my game will improve with Heineken in the belly Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Slicer51 wrote:

Derek,

I did not really know you except remember meeting you before in one of the SSN. I never play with you before. I am an old man and a young player. Somehow, those things that you wrote always reflect to my personal experience. You soon belong my idol and I wish I can have a round with you and learn more of your wisdom Smile

Hi Pak, thank you for your kind words. Look forward to having a game with you. Either here in Singapore or in Surabaya!

p.s. Can't promise you any wisdom if we play together, but definitely lots of TCSS and drinks! Beer
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:41 pm

LousyGolfer wrote:
chien wrote:

Thats why I always carry around a few cans of Heineken during my game !!!

cheers Beer Beer

Cobra Smiley

Thanks for the beer mate!!! A fantistic drink to have whilst watching your fantasic game Smile I promise to drink-drive (with cart and driver) with you the next time we golf... maybe my game will improve with Heineken in the belly Smile

Oh..hor..! No wonder i suspect u guys anyhow drive still reached min. 270m!! What a Face
Chien, pls incl me can? Dun mind wat brand beer. 'Chang' brand aso can so i cld drive like u guys lor! Cool
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 am

my worst moment happened 4 years ago. A good fren invited me to a charity golf event. We were joined by 2 strangers. As I was a beginner, I was apprehensive to play with other ppl n played worse than usual.
As the game progresses, we made some small talk. After abt 14 holes, 1 of them commented that my game was v bad. It is a fact so I did not dispute it. But then he added tt at least I hv achieved something tt ALMOST ALL GOLFERS CANNOT DO. I was curious/naive n asked what it was. He said "You are consistent, CONSISTENTLY BAD!". That hurts. I kept quiet. I barely know this guy and he was being v sarcastic. Seeing my look, his fren told him tt it is not a nice thing to say but this guy is the cocky type.

It took a while to get over it. Now I use it as a motivation to improve my game. It is not easy to forget tho.
TT is Y I try to say e positive things while golfing instead of passing negative remarks.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:42 am

beehome wrote:
my worst moment happened 4 years ago. A good fren invited me to a charity golf event. We were joined by 2 strangers. As I was a beginner, I was apprehensive to play with other ppl n played worse than usual.
As the game progresses, we made some small talk. After abt 14 holes, 1 of them commented that my game was v bad. It is a fact so I did not dispute it. But then he added tt at least I hv achieved something tt ALMOST ALL GOLFERS CANNOT DO. I was curious/naive n asked what it was. He said "You are consistent, CONSISTENTLY BAD!". That hurts. I kept quiet. I barely know this guy and he was being v sarcastic. Seeing my look, his fren told him tt it is not a nice thing to say but this guy is the cocky type.

It took a while to get over it. Now I use it as a motivation to improve my game. It is not easy to forget tho.
TT is Y I try to say e positive things while golfing instead of passing negative remarks.

bro alot of golfers are like that. I dont think they mean it and are more of poking fun. Most important is to enjoy the game and not be too sensitive! Sometimes I feel that golf is fun not just because of the sport.. but because of the senseless shit that your kakis talk abt in order to win the bet!
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 am

zhenxua wrote:
my most frustrating moment happened to me in one game ... i took out 9-iron, hit it 150m without delofting or adding lag, walked back to my buggy smugly, then realised ... nbz, it's my 6-iron ...

had the same issue except that it was at RCC lake course 2nd hole. 106m Par 3. Instead of P, I took out 7 iron.. Hit it and look at my ball fly straight for the pin! then I nvr see it land... Next moment, the flight infront of us were shouting from their tee box.. "WTF HOW COME YOU NVR SHOUT FORE?".. Nb how I know my P can hit so far right? Over shot green by 30-40m? Then I looked at my club.... omgosh its a 7!

My most frustating incidents are my near green chips. I ALWAYS duff it. The grass will fly further than the ball. Once i raged so hard that the next chip shot I took the entire ground with it... Had to patch back a huge hole after that as my kakis laughed their asses off.

Lucky nowadays nvr duff already.. only shank affraid
Back to top Go down
wizardofoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
wizardofoz

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 pm

The most frustrating moment is happening now
I cant launch the ball with my driver for the past 5 months!!
going crazy!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Recently my driver just keep dove hooking......even I hit the sweet spot....took me 2 wks. After that switch to another one....problem solve....F that driver...
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Some club champ gave me 3-2-1 and I lost every hole!!!!!! That was when starting out
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:19 pm

1. The harder I swing the shorter I hit----not being to drive more than 200m
2. The more I aim to the left the bigger the slice
3. Being the first to hit my approach shot on every hole
4. Not being able to use irons for most of my approach shots and having to rely on my hybrids

Last edited by golfool2009 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:22 pm

i reckon most frustration is due to the heighten expectation of shooting a good score in golf..to me its a holy grail which all golfers want to attain and some take longer to get to it. for me i have learnt that getting angry at the clubs and getting frustrated just makes my game worst. sure it sucks to play bad golf but it is even worst to have bad golf manners.

i played with a group of mature golfers and they have certainly taught me how to accept the bad shots and focus on making the good shots. all of us have our bad days but i'm pretty sure we have seen days that we did unbelievable shots that we can oly dream about.

golf is already tough enough, why do we want to dwell on all the bad points, enjoy the course and the company of your flight mates (yes..even if they are going to win your money kekeke)
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:43 pm

today, I witnessed it myself some fustration act of a golfer (my flightmate)

on a particular hole, his approach shot from 150m flew into a greenside bunker, he throw his club on the ground, while picking up his club, he proceed to slam his fist twice on the ground.

on another par 4 index hole, while I was chipping from the fringe, I heard him scream so loud that I thought he was hitted by golf ball, turning back to look at him then I realise that he had just chipped his third shot into hazard, he then hit the ground a few times with his club.

I was speechless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3