Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's going to win this coming Masters ?

Go down 
+37
Cyrano
ParTee
pocketace
mUAr_cHEe
HyBriD
Kengnam
glespaul
scottycollector
BigblackGoof
freedrop
Birdman
TheFocalPoint
nrafee
guy013
S70B
crayon33
Winston
Tituman
nientsu
pushslice
Schulo
TDO
eggyolk
Duval_S
Technospaz
Ngigo
tonyj5
TigaWood
eiji
hkhamateur
entity
Gray
dmateo
Turbo
simoner
Aloyboy
Slicer51
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 am

darn.. of all days.. i had to miss the final round.. haizzzzzz..
wished there's a repeat telecast.. hahahahha
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:41 pm

pocketace wrote:
Looks like any one if the players like Phil, Louis, Peter, Lee, Matt, and even Padraig can win it too. But ultimately Bubba stumbled over the finish line and made fewer mistakes. Well done!

Bro, totally agree with you....

It seems that the person that made the least mistakes won the masters'. Not taking anything away from Bubba's victory, but if you had seen him played throughout the first 3 days, as well as the front nine on the 4th day, you would cringe each time you see him putt.

Phil totally lost it after the triple bogey on the par 3, and after Louis albatross on the #2, he seemed to be unable to concentrate on his game any more...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:47 pm

I like Bubba. He has got this country boy charm. On the exterior, a bit opposite of Tiger. TW is all business on the course. Bubba, got this, 'I am happy to be here' type of disposition.

I think last year, he used a driver (off the deck) for his second shot in some tournament, the ball flew, rolled and landed on the green. Amazing!!!

Bubba's driver off deck
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 pm

U see Bubba burst into tears after sinking the winning putt?
Reminded me when Darren Clarke cried after winning Ryder cup after losing his wife to cancer

Very real, very human. Hats off. People say golf is just a game but it meant so much more to some.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Yes Bubba is very human.

http://www.majorschampionships.com/masters/2012/news/Bubba-Watson-part-artist-part-magician-all-champion-040812.cfm

excerpts from the link above.

He exists between the ropes with a simple mantra: “If I have a swing, I have a shot.” Watson had plenty of them in a playoff victory over Louis Oosthuizen.

“I want to hit the incredible shot; who doesn't?” Watson said. “I would rather have been in the middle of the fairway, but I'm used to missing fairways. I’m used to the woods. I’m used to the rough. It really makes me focus.”

"Five hours of PGA TOUR golf; I mean, it's no fun," Watson once said. “My mind just wanders. I'm thinking about what shoes I'm going to buy ... man, I need to wash my car. I'm thinking about stuff that doesn't matter.”

Watson has never taken a lesson, used to wear pink socks in high school matches and recently bought the General Lee, the car from "The Dukes of Hazard" television show.

He laughs, he cries, he tweets, he plays video games. He doesn’t know how to change a diaper or how to turn his brain off.

“I just want to be me and play golf,” he said. “I’m not ready for fame.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:47 pm

eiji wrote:
He exists between the ropes with a simple mantra: “If I have a swing, I have a shot.” Watson had plenty of them in a playoff victory over Louis Oosthuizen.

“I want to hit the incredible shot; who doesn't?” Watson said. “I would rather have been in the middle of the fairway, but I'm used to missing fairways. I’m used to the woods. I’m used to the rough. It really makes me focus.”

I say the same things and i only kena f***ed.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:50 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
eiji wrote:

I say the same things and i only kena f***ed.

We don't F***ed you for hitting into the rough, trees etc.. who doesn't. we Only F you for what you do on the 2nd shot.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:54 pm

not too long ago, i kena from saying that i am used to being in the rough, under a tree, behind a rock, over a tree and under a rock...

i dont blame u guys for F-ing me on my choice of my second shot... i F myself too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:55 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
not too long ago, i kena from saying that i am used to being in the rough, under a tree, behind a rock, over a tree and under a rock...

i dont blame u guys for F-ing me on my choice of my second shot... i F myself too. Very Happy

Yah, we are so used to F-ing you on your 2nd shots so now we start F-ing on your 1st shots. hahahhaha
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:33 pm

nientsu wrote:
I like Bubba. He has got this country boy charm. On the exterior, a bit opposite of Tiger. TW is all business on the course. Bubba, got this, 'I am happy to be here' type of disposition.

I think last year, he used a driver (off the deck) for his second shot in some tournament, the ball flew, rolled and landed on the green. Amazing!!!

The funny thing is, he dressed in white from head to toe and used a pink shaft in the Master. Ping specially made a pink color clubhead for him too. He looks sissy to those who do not know him, but once he drove the ball, those who do not know him well, would suffer a jaw drop shock!

Last edited by Turbo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Bubba.. bubba .. bubba.. u deserved to win the way you played.. ur awesome..! Never been a fan.. but ur definitely a special kind of player... exciting to watch, heart on your sleeve and definitely can grind to the end..

My redeck american colleagues will be chanting your name for the next few days.... good thing for ear plugs..

Congrats..!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm

I wonder what has happended to Tiger this time ... After an awesome showing at Bayhill followed a lacklustre performance at Augusta from the 4 times Master winner ... Sigh ... pale
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:10 pm

[/quote]

The funny thing is, he dressed in white from head to toe and used a pink shaft in the Master. Ping specially made a pink color clubhead for him too. He looks sissy to those who do not know him, but once he drove the ball, those who do not know him well, would suffer a jaw drop shock! [/quote]

Maybe Bubba is an admirer of our ruling party. Laughing

But seriously we have to tip our hats to Bubba, Travis Mathew golf apparel will donate the entire proceeds for the limited addition sets that Bubba is wearing to Fresh Start, a charity that does reconstructive surgery for kids with physical defects or disabilities.Plus additional 50k if all 100 pcs sets are sold.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Bubba used a wedge for a 155 yard shot?? Stretcher
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhNea19Aa4A

for the fanboys of Bubba.. Whats not to love about Bubba. what a big heart!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's going to win this coming Masters ?   Who's going to win this coming Masters ? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's going to win this coming Masters ?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4