Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanjong 17 Apr pm

Go down 
+23
skybobo
Begbie
Bangla123
poresia
drawbias
slinger
nientsu
BabyCroc
Duval_S
blee67
guy013
pushslice
chien
AhLEM
golfian
BigblackGoof
LousyGolfer
TourSwing
hkhamateur
Technospaz
TDO
mloy
zhenxua
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 pm

chien wrote:
Congrats MLoy!!!
cheers cheers

We still have one game outstanding! Very Happy

Any kind souls care to share the scores??

Only know the scores for my flight posted in actual scores thread. Mloy shot 99, not sure about her flight mates so will leave that to her flower
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:40 pm

zhenxua wrote:
guy was consistently outdriving us by 20m using his R7 driver with stock shaft. he could have just brought 4 clubs for this game since he only used them anyway.

What a Face Wow.. 16 Hcp..
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Congrats Monica.

I still cannot figure out how hc 16 with course hc 20 can play gross 79 with stableford points of 49!

Still think that system 36 is a good way to determine one hc.

Hope this is a genuine one time wonder.
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Actually the best gross champion (77) also had a handicap index in the teens.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Sad to know that!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Amen...

I was thinking hard whether to join you guys, bearing the fact that I play there once awhile and I only last played there in March... But one factor reminded me I rather not was of the way it was competed on stableford... I have seen guys won with handicap of 21 playing single digit on the day..

Anyway, good game guys.. cheers
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 am

mloy wrote:
chien wrote:
Congrats MLoy!!!
cheers cheers

We still have one game outstanding! Very Happy

Any kind souls care to share the scores??

Thanks chien.

Wow...congrats sis. sunny
Disappointed didnt get to play. Next rd. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 am

LousyGolfer wrote:
Thanks guys for the game and my apologies to tourswing for wrecking your game. My 5 OBs and 2 swimming balls must have affected your game.

Look forward to our next game when we can bet individual already since we have some basis for stroking lookin at todays score... zx can give me 3-3, guy 6-6... and tourswing maybe same as guy 6-6 since today was your off-day Smile

Also need to take strokes from runner-up mloy already...

now juz need to find a large enough hole in the ground to bury my head in shame.

Lousygolfer you really do have a lousy game ... and neither the rain nor your OB drives nor your 3 putts nor your partner 2-5ing you had anything to do with our all time best scores!

Lets play again soon Beer

Thanks for the mango pudding!!!
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:22 am

chien wrote:
Amen...

I was thinking hard whether to join you guys, bearing the fact that I play there once awhile and I only last played there in March... But one factor reminded me I rather not was of the way it was competed on stableford... I have seen guys won with handicap of 21 playing single digit on the day..

Seems to be a real disgrace for local amateur golf events. Alot of sandbaggers claiming to be high handicapped players just to win prizes.. Don't know how they can proudly walk on stage. Disgusting lack of sportsmanship
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:49 am

Bangla123 wrote:
chien wrote:
Amen...

Seems to be a real disgrace for local amateur golf events. Alot of sandbaggers claiming to be high handicapped players just to win prizes.. Don't know how they can proudly walk on stage. Disgusting lack of sportsmanship

Agreed w chien. Cool
Agreed w Bangla. Wink
I m no gd either bt at least i knw i m playg accordance to my hcp index. Invited twice by friends b4 at local well-known clubs n flight mate balls OB, hazards, top, 2-3 putt bt can came up 1st runner up!! What a Face lost hope in golf tat particular secs. cherry
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 am

mloy wrote:
pushslice wrote:
pushslice wrote:
TourSwing wrote:
mloy wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
and after we cross over to the other 9, we can help to retrieve the torn limbs and whatever parts left of bro TS and rangereye from hole 16 onwards ...

Don't be surprise... if its my torn limbs you find. My game now very crappy. The more I play the crappier it is. So I am just going to have fun on that day. flower

With a course handicap of 29 ... you can afford to have some fun! have a feeling you'll be laughing all the way to the bank ... Beer

hahaha with a course handicap of 29 and a recent report of a good round unbecoming of a 29 hcap,

I have a feeling she will hoist a trophy next week

told u mloy is gonna get a trophy. Nice BSM the last couple of weeks Laughing

Congrats!

Thanks Pushslice. I was lucky to get course hcp of 29 to get 38 stableford points. Played 99.

I would like to add that I lost to Rangereye and Technospaz. So guys the next round will be 2-2.

Wow... winner winner pants on fire... Smile Congrats mon..!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:59 am

Congrats mons!! Did you omg to the stage again??
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:39 am

Mloy played pretty decent yesterday but had a few bad bounces.

Melvin and I bounced around yesterday but had a few decent plays.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:27 am

Technospaz wrote:
Mloy played pretty decent yesterday but had a few bad bounces.

Melvin and I bounced around yesterday but had a few decent plays.

lol! good one..!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 am

hkhamateur wrote:

Agreed w chien. Cool
Agreed w Bangla. Wink
I m no gd either bt at least i knw i m playg accordance to my hcp index. Invited twice by friends b4 at local well-known clubs n flight mate balls OB, hazards, top, 2-3 putt bt can came up 1st runner up!! What a Face lost hope in golf tat particular secs. cherry

Question: In tournaments. When you play with golfers in your flight whom you don't know them personally, do you check their scores with them everytime they finish their putt? Eg. So what did you get?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:34 am

I'll usually put my buggie mate's scores below mine on my scorecard to double check the gross score when I'm signing his card..

I also know of the practice of exchanging the score card before the game and record each others' scores....

cheers
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 am

chien wrote:
I'll usually put my buggie mate's scores below mine on my scorecard to double check the gross score when I'm signing his card..

I also know of the practice of exchanging the score card before the game and record each others' scores....

cheers

What if the other buggy are two good friends and they exchange between them. I am not saying that they will put in the wrong scores, they could be golfers with integrity but then like I said you don't know them. What would you do?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 am

10 things I learned from playing at the SGA tournament at Tanjong:

1. Nice course, but I think TMCC Gardens is much nicer.
2. Nice clubhouse, but more showers are needed.
3. Rich people have big houses but not always good taste.
4. Just because you see the green, it doesn't mean that there's no hazard behind it.
5. Playing under wet conditions is not for me (fortunately, it was only for the first 3-4 holes).
6. Monkeys are dangerous.
7. Some golfers can spend a lot of time driving around fairways wasting time much to the annoyance of others.
8. Mloy is very competitive.
9. Mloy is very competitive.
10. Mloy is very competitive.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:57 pm

looks like system 36 is the fairest.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:33 pm

I know why u like Sys 36.
Because u won twice using this format of scoring Very Happy

Sys 36 rewards one who shoots birdies and avoids triples.
That is why someone who shot 89 gross can beat another who shot 72 gross.

Sys 36 does have its limitations but then again which scoring format does not.
And yes I agree with Poresia that this is one of the fairest scoring system.........

Especially in an event whereby you have a guest division and you cannot verify the authenticity of the guests’ handicap, it is best to use Sys 36 or maybe even Peoria (stableford)
Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Does System 36 be more beneficial to the low handicappers? Because high handicappers rarely gets birdies and they tend to blow holes more.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Agreed ... sys 36 is far better! Though far from perfect , at least it eliminates the "inflated" / "fabricated" handicaps!

Peoria ... brings too much of luck into the equation ...

Anyways, there really isn't any solution to cheating in a "gentleman's game" ... where a player is supposed to call a penalty on himself ... if a player wants they can get away with murder on the course!

Tournaments should have long drive & closest to the pin novelty prizes ... and ... lucky draws!!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Best player always the one that know "how" to write the correct score. Seen so many times even system 36. That guy played not so good yet he can win......
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:57 pm

mloy wrote:
Does System 36 be more beneficial to the low handicappers? Because high handicappers rarely gets birdies and they tend to blow holes more.

Yes ... its more beneficial to the better player ... but I'd much rather see a birdie shootout win the tournament than have someone who plays with a fudged up handicap blow the field away!! I would have had to play something like a 75-76 to stand a chance !?!?! I'd rather try and get 4 birdies ... !

Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:59 pm

I think he means me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanjong 17 Apr pm
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next