Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanjong 17 Apr pm

Go down 
+23
skybobo
Begbie
Bangla123
poresia
drawbias
slinger
nientsu
BabyCroc
Duval_S
blee67
guy013
pushslice
chien
AhLEM
golfian
BigblackGoof
LousyGolfer
TourSwing
hkhamateur
Technospaz
TDO
mloy
zhenxua
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:59 pm

cheating is not limited to sandbagging, we also often encountered the play-6-write-4 golfers; i ever seen someone won a system 36 stableford game with 45 points

so the fairest method is still (double) peoria that is virtually cheat-proof, which our dear mloy won multiple times under this format
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:00 pm

enwee wrote:
Best player always the one that know "how" to write the correct score. Seen so many times even system 36. That guy played not so good yet he can win......

All i can say is ... Karma!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:01 pm

zhenxua wrote:
cheating is not limited to sandbagging, we also often encountered the play-6-write-4 golfers; i ever seen someone won a system 36 stableford game with 45 points

so the fairest method is still (double) peoria that is virtually cheat-proof, which our dear mloy won multiple times under this format

Makes sense! Rather lose out to luck than cheaters! ... I'm sold
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 pm

In my view, system 36 will be advantageous for someone who is quite consistent, does not normally blow holes, and can par a few holes during a round.
That being the case, there is not much of a difference between a low handicapper and a mid handicapper in a sys 36 event.
The one who can hole the birdie putts on that day wins.
Of course, a low handicapper normally will have more birdie opportunities than mid / high handicappers.
But if he does not hole the putt, then it is of no use.

Consider this scenario:
A mid handicapper like Poresia manage to 1 on near pin for say 1 out of the 4 par 3 holes and he holed the putt.
Assuming no blow holes, he would have score 37 stableford points.
A scratch player can have 18 GIR but if he cannot hole any birdie putts, then he would most likely end up with only 36 stableford points.
This is probably how Poresia shoot a gross of 89 with 37 stableford points manage to beat another player who shoot 79 gross but with 36 stableford points.

So Mloy, I agree with you that low handicappers do have advantage over high handicappers in system 36 scoring.
But then again, which method of scoring does not favor the better players be it strokeplay, stableford, sys 36, Peoria, double peoria etc?
However, the advantage may not be so obvious between low and mid hcp players.

Actually to make it fairer for high hcp players, we can divide the players into 3 divisions......low, mid & high according to their sys 36 hcp for THAT DAY.
Then within each division, the winner will be the one with the highest sys 36 stableford points.

In actual fact, this kind of scoring happened in another forum’s annual tournament.
The winner for div A = 37 points.
The winner for div B = 36 points
The winner for div C = 36 points

With the exception of Div C, there are at least 6 to 10 players having the same stableford points as the winner of Div A and B.....
Alas the winner has to be decided by count back.
This actually proof to me few things:
1. There is not much diff between low and mid hcp in a system 36 event. Div A was won by a mid hcp player and there are some single hcp player who tho came back with 37 points, are only placed outside the top 3 due to countback
2. It is diff for high hcp players not to blow holes. In Div C, the winner is the only one with 36 points, meaning the rest of the players blew min 1 hole
3. It is very very diff to get birdies. Look at the winning score, it is only 37, meaning only 1 birdie

One interesting point to note: most events are played on white tee. Sometimes it is diff for the low hcp players to adjust because they may not be used to the much shorter approach shot as compared to blue tee....anyway just my views.

For those who have managed to read until this point, I thank you for your patience.
Once again, just my 2 cents. Apologies if I offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Everything here makes sense....it's just the folks that sandbag and are dishonest that makes our h'cap system here a joke.......in light of this, I shall now go and update Guy's Actual Scores thread.........
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:56 pm

mloy wrote:
chien wrote:
I'll usually put my buggie mate's scores below mine on my scorecard to double check the gross score when I'm signing his card..

I also know of the practice of exchanging the score card before the game and record each others' scores....

cheers

What if the other buggy are two good friends and they exchange between them. I am not saying that they will put in the wrong scores, they could be golfers with integrity but then like I said you don't know them. What would you do?

Sis, it happened many yrs back when i was a green hcp 22. Invited by gd friend n flight mates i dun knw n as u predicted, they re friend. Shy to ask. Bt at least i knw wat is top, OB, water hazards etc... Played 95+
Second scenario was at RCC after few yrs, was then a 18hcp. Again i well educated w the golf rules. Many putts, lost balls yet can b on e stage. I played best 90+ n one of them went back to chk my scorecard. I noticed it. At RCC ( mthly medals tournament) Cool
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:33 pm

In competition only, Usually I asked them if we need to exchange scorecard but if they say no them I m fine.

I m fine if they wanna cheat n go on stage to take prize. There so many who cheated in golf n I can't stop all.

Actually I m used to keep track of other scores n there were a few times when I corrected other golfers in my flight their score in competition when I casually asked them their score for the hole we just completed.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 pm

guy013 wrote:
Great day for golf. Rained 1st few holes but after that beautiful weather with no sun.

Mloy won 2nd runner up in ladies division.

I know this has been asked before but why is Mloy still playing in the ladies division?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
guy013 wrote:
Great day for golf. Rained 1st few holes but after that beautiful weather with no sun.

Mloy won 2nd runner up in ladies division.

I know this has been asked before but why is Mloy still playing in the ladies division?

One of those questions which will puzzle generations to come.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 pm

heard Mloy mite be trying for HSBC tourney next year...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:
heard Mloy mite be trying for HSBC tourney next year...

She's negotiating strokes with Yanni right now.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Let me reply on behalf on mloy. "I was just lucky today. I really can't believe it! You don believe my hcp, you can check with sga ok! Lucky also not that good. Cos I still lost to rangereye and ts."
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:55 pm

nientsu wrote:
Let me reply on behalf on mloy. "I was just lucky today. I really can't believe it! You don believe my hcp, you can check with sga ok! Lucky also not that good. Cos I still lost to rangereye and ts."

ROFL ROFL Mal, I like your humour........and its true. I was lucky to win. With 38 stableford point I thought where got chance. And.... I did lose to Rangereye and Technospaz.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Yawn!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 am

mloy wrote:
nientsu wrote:

ROFL ROFL Mal, I like your humour........and its true. I was lucky to win. With 38 stableford point I thought where got chance. And.... I did lose to Rangereye and Technospaz.

Alamak! You played two under and your scorecard got submitted! affraid

How? Now cannot maintain to your true handicap of 24 leow... ROFL

Congrats on another win Mon. cheers
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 am

btw how many points did the women's champion get?
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:48 am

Congrats Mloy!!! Champion must give stroke hor!!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 am

Aloyboy wrote:
Congrats Mloy!!! Champion must give stroke hor!!

Aloy...champion my a#$e lah. Never read probably anyhow shout.

To answer Pushslice question:

Champion: Hcp 21.3 / Course Hcp 26 and her stableford point 45
1st Runner Up : Hcp 20.7 / Course Hcp 25 and her stableford point 40
3rd Runner Up : Hcp 24.2 / Course Hcp 29 and my stableford point 38

@Birdman-Yes I play 2 under my course hcp of 29 so cut to 26? Hee hee hee..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 am

i think mloy needs to move out from her little pond.....

i believe there are a few nemoes waiting for her to venture out.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanjong 17 Apr pm   Tanjong 17 Apr pm - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanjong 17 Apr pm
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5