Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the wife thread

Go down 
+21
uncleP
sob
Kengnam
willbudiman
watermyforrest
HyBriD
VWgolfer
fluffystuff
tronos
golfnut
hkhamateur
cristel
blee67
meia07656
kevinhwc
Tituman
simoner
Bangla123
TDO
mUAr_cHEe
madmaru
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

the wife thread  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:26 pm

before kid was born..all wife want to do is rest = plenty of time to go play or range
after kid is born...all wife want to do is rest after looking after the kid the whole day = someone have to look after the kid = no time to play golf, even go range.

As a husband, when u see ur wife struggle with ur kid, u also no mood to play golf liao.

AS SOON AS ur kid can crawl = very busy liao. When still small still got small window but sure no mood to go play...busy playing with the baby.

Only time to play is weekday take 1/2 day...use excuse like 'playing with boss'.

Got so many mates whom got young baby or kids...all cannot play weekends.

Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
willbudiman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:44 pm

tronos wrote:
before kid was born..all wife want to do is rest = plenty of time to go play or range
after kid is born...all wife want to do is rest after looking after the kid the whole day = someone have to look after the kid = no time to play golf, even go range.

As a husband, when u see ur wife struggle with ur kid, u also no mood to play golf liao.

AS SOON AS ur kid can crawl = very busy liao. When still small still got small window but sure no mood to go play...busy playing with the baby.

Only time to play is weekday take 1/2 day...use excuse like 'playing with boss'.

Got so many mates whom got young baby or kids...all cannot play weekends.

i still very old fashioned leh..still believe household issues incl. kids are wife's responsibility..not as bad as my father tho..still can give in a bit a bit..worst case scenario, before go play golf, bring the kids to parents house Razz
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:13 am

well... singaporeans stress levels differs. everything money, wife also demand money. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 am

I had been married 16 years with my wife and had 3kids,15,13 and 6 years old.The 1st ten years for me was...work hard and work hard for family.Now,it time for me to relax and play golf,but still gave some time to family.I always think that golf(is there other sport) is a big net work for us to know many ppl out there,maybe it help us or maybe not.Anyway,just enjoy in de golf course.Just my 2cents.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 am

Tituman wrote:
Bro there were no warning signs before marriage mah.... Laughing If prealerted, would rather be a happy go lucky bachelor my whole life muahahahhahah..... lol!

2nd that, wish they had came with advisory labels like smokes!
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:10 am

I would advise " Please remap and revamp your lifestyle". Golf and life (or marriage ) is similar in the aspect that you started the game, you have to end the game. Be it happy, moody or pissed, keep smiling, face it.
Well, you also can choose different partners to play with!
Good luck to you people out there
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 am

Someone I knew sometime back told me half in jest that before he got married, he warned his to-be-wife that 'golf is my birthright!' Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
willbudiman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:02 pm

grooveballer wrote:
Someone I knew sometime back told me half in jest that before he got married, he warned his to-be-wife that 'golf is my birthright!' Rolling Eyes

somehow, i did too..i actually said that, im not gonna forbid you from doing things that you like, and u will not forbid me from doing things that i like, eg. golf
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
willbudiman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:04 pm

golfnut wrote:
well... singaporeans stress levels differs. everything money, wife also demand money. Sad

true bro golfnut.

somehow i always thought that singaporean a a bit too hurried..or 'kancheong' lol! no offfence to all the other singaporeans in this forum Beer
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:21 pm

uncleP wrote:
I would advise " Please remap and revamp your lifestyle". Golf and life (or marriage ) is similar in the aspect that you started the game, you have to end the game. Be it happy, moody or pissed, keep smiling, face it.
Well, you also can choose different partners to play with!
Good luck to you people out there

Uncle Phua, I agree with you that marriage is kinda like golf.
But unlike golf, it's not a 5 hour thingy leh!

And hell it costs you more than any green fees/membership fee that I know of!LOL
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:26 pm

willbudiman wrote:
IMHO,

also give-take between husband and wife.

i have only been married a couple years, with our first kid due in 2 weeks time. I still play golf 2-3 times a week, and play on any day that i'm free to play..incl weekends. however, i still do accompany my wife to do groceries, or shopping, or whatever she wants to do for leisure, albeit not all the time but most times.

:

Pak I agree that its give and take, in most cases its the hubby giving and the wife taking!! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
willbudiman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 pm

sob wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
IMHO,

also give-take between husband and wife.

i have only been married a couple years, with our first kid due in 2 weeks time. I still play golf 2-3 times a week, and play on any day that i'm free to play..incl weekends. however, i still do accompany my wife to do groceries, or shopping, or whatever she wants to do for leisure, albeit not all the time but most times.

:

Pak I agree that its give and take, in most cases its the hubby giving and the wife taking!! Rolling Eyes

bro sob,

true to that..we just do what we can no? in my two years of marriage, i have learnt a lot tho honestly speaking..learn to be not so individualistic anymore etc2..and most importantly, self control Very Happy ..im sure most of the guys here knows how frustrating it can be when dealing or talking to women..they just dont seem to get us lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Spoken like someone who has only been married for a couple of years. You are still in your honeymoon phase.
Wait for the other shoe to drop.
3 options:
1) you fight all of the time
2) you get a divorce
3) LET HER WIN
I obviously chose option 3, but then again I am old, dumb, and allergic to pain.[/quote]

Spoken like an honest gentleman who had gone through life as it have been. Me same same. Option 3 is not even a choice! Its the only route available at this age. I "like"

titu
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:30 pm

guys u'll enjoy this !!!!! no pun intended

Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Tituman wrote:

Spoken like someone who has only been married for a couple of years. You are still in your honeymoon phase.
Wait for the other shoe to drop.
3 options:
1) you fight all of the time
2) you get a divorce
3) LET HER WIN
I obviously chose option 3, but then again I am old, dumb, and allergic to pain.

Spoken like an honest gentleman who had gone through life as it have been. Me same same. Option 3 is not even a choice! Its the only route available at this age. I "like"

titu[/quote]
Titu,

Your right, I no longer have an option. I listed out the options for the newlyweds on the board.
I can however, pray for an early dirt nap.
Some famous Japanese general stated "that marriage is heavy, death is lighter then a feather".
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm not yet married but gf (soon to be finance, on condition that she nags less Smile ) have been showing signs of golf nagging!!!

1. Nagged me when I bought a golf membership
2. Nagged me when I go on golf holidays
3. Nagged me when I bought new golf equipment
4. Nagged me when I golf more than once a week

Thankfully, after 28 years (and many more I'm sure) of endless nagging from my mum, I have adapted and become acustomed to nagging..

Tactic #1: Avoid engagement. Usually works "except during the time of the month"

GF: " You went driving range AGAIN? "
BW: -Silence- -Smile-
GF: "Siao Golf addict lor..." <starts a new topic>.

Result: Nagging ends. Buweeza escapes to fight another day!

Tactic #2: Smoke bomb.

GF: " You already got 1 country club how come you go and buy another one? "
BW: It is an INVESTMENT.

Result: Girls hate topics on finance and investment as much as guys hate topics on fashion and shopping.

Tactic #3: If tactic 2 fails, just sweet talk.

GF: "BS lor you.. investment simi s*** investment??"
BW: It is an investment. I buy so that in future our FAMILY will have a place to go for swimming and to learn golf..

Result: Saved Par.

Now, What you should NEVER do?

GF: "Huh? You bought another driver?"
BW: *reacts defensively* "What's wrong? It is MY MONEY WHAT?"
GF: "you spend money on golf okay. I spend money on shopping you complain!"

Result: Just me and my hands tonight. Wink *kidding*
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:57 pm

@BW: good one lol!
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm

buweeza i know tat feeling bro need something to add : woman's point of view esp on money issue " what's yours is MINE but what's mine is MINE"

wife/gf often wants to spend time together but doing what they like even though something u hate like korean dramas , shopping (wait it's she shop and u just be Mario and ATM) , hello kitty ( yucks) and dun get me started on shoes and handbags

Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm

buweeza - hahahahah!!! your post gave me a big smile on my face and lighten up what hectic day that i had. your 'investment' strategy is so true!! LOL cheers

Callaway Cleveland Ping Golf Titleist Taylormade
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Yeah man... they take 1-half of you when you get married and the other half when they leave you Wink. But jokes aside, my 2 cents worth on relationship and money issues.

In my line of work, I examine companies, pore through financial statements, do all sorts of freaky analysis to derive a value for a stock. I have been trained to discern through data and make logical/financial "yes/no" decisions constantly, all the time in my course of work.

This doesnt work for relationships. You just can't approach them in the same way you would do a financial transaction. Well, actually you can, but love was not designed that way. Our parents taught us that.

Extending that concept a little: Sometimes gf asks me to do something I don't like to do (like shopping, like watching some lame love movie, list goes on). Sometimes I ask gf to do something that she doesn't like to do (e.g. take video of me at driving range Smile, list goes on but not as long as the first list mentioned). That's relationship, give and take. It is beautiful as a concept but when we start to become "financial", the beauty will fade away. e.g. I do this for you, you are SUPPOSED to do this for me. I do more than you do for me, vice versa. Don't calculate. Don't compare. Don't expect to give and receive in return. This will keep the relationship happy and you'd get to play your weekly golf game Smile

madmaru wrote:
buweeza i know tat feeling bro need something to add : woman's point of view esp on money issue " what's yours is MINE but what's mine is MINE"

wife/gf often wants to spend time together but doing what they like even though something u hate like korean dramas , shopping (wait it's she shop and u just be Mario and ATM) , hello kitty ( yucks) and dun get me started on shoes and handbags

Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 pm

buweeza wrote:
I'm not yet married but gf (soon to be finance, on condition that she nags less Smile ) have been showing signs of golf nagging!!!

!

Result: Just me and my hands tonight. Wink *kidding*

Bro looks like u will be using your hands a lot once you get married.LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the wife thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3