Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the wife thread

Go down 
+21
uncleP
sob
Kengnam
willbudiman
watermyforrest
HyBriD
VWgolfer
fluffystuff
tronos
golfnut
hkhamateur
cristel
blee67
meia07656
kevinhwc
Tituman
simoner
Bangla123
TDO
mUAr_cHEe
madmaru
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

the wife thread  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 am

meia07656 wrote:
blee wrote:
meia07656 wrote:

cheat : under declare every thing !!!!! purchase price must be conceal !!!!!! (endless nagging will pursue if she got wind of it ) to most of our female counter part " what's yours is mine but what mine is mine "

This statement is so true. Whatever I earn goes right to the wife and in turn she gives me my allowance.

Looks like a big allowance.... Very Happy

Not big enough, I have to beg (my wife), borrow (take this out of my US account), and steal (I am never paying this back) to buy a new driver.

Now i know why you skip lunch that day! pale
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 am

cristel wrote:
Morale of the story: Marry a wife that plays golf!?

lol!

Hehehe...i did. And she s v supportive incl upgradg equipments later fr improvement! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:54 am

take her to Hermes or LV then, nagging will stop for at least a year.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:55 am

i wonder if any guys tell their wife they pay to single handicap but tell their mate they play in the 20s.

or the other way round..tell wife he stuck in the 20s while all their mates single handicapper liao..all because they bought new driver, new SC putter, even the new golf bag for fung shui on the course....and how their mate's wife support them in letting them train 3x a week and play on weekends.....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 am

madmaru wrote:
muar chee . start off this thread in no means to demeaning our other 1/2 just a married golf's rant .

ZERO PUN intended !!

Bro madmaru, yr avatar is nicz.... Laughing
My wife wil b disturb if my two caddies re just like tat Suspect
And i ll b lost w my game, driver gone, woods gone, irons all gone n puttg see wrong line.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 am

golfnut wrote:

Wow....tats a v expansive solution. Shocked
Back to top Go down
fluffystuff
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 am

true story.....i used to get my clubs mailed to the office, and sneak em back home under the cover of night.....all this just to avoid nagging pirat
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:09 am

tronos wrote:
i wonder if any guys tell their wife they pay to single handicap but tell their mate they play in the 20s.

or the other way round..tell wife he stuck in the 20s while all their mates single handicapper liao..all because they bought new driver, new SC putter, even the new golf bag for fung shui on the course....and how their mate's wife support them in letting them train 3x a week and play on weekends.....

quite frankly that is a can of worms to open :
"i wonder if any guys tell their wife they pay to single handicap but tell their mate they play in the 20s. "
she'll say "how come u so good must all the time spend on the greens and driving range when u tell me u were out meeting ?????"

or the other way round..tell wife he stuck in the 20s while all their mates single handicapper liao..all because they bought new driver, new SC putter, even the new golf bag for fung shui on the course....and how their mate's wife support them in letting them train 3x a week and play on weekends...

she'll say:" are you telling me your are not helping me to carry shopping bags when i go shopping/groceries ? "
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:11 am

hkhamateur wrote:
golfnut wrote:

Well, everytime the wife nags at us just take the hermes bag and wave at her. confirm works.
Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am

Wow...seems like a wife is viewed to be "hazardous" and not a good "investment" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:24 am

golfnut wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
golfnut wrote:

Well, everytime the wife nags at us just take the hermes bag and wave at her. confirm works.

Wow...bro golfnut, tat hurt v much too. Any other cheapo method?? ie: bring her fr gd diner, movies, wines etc....??
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfnut

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:33 am

other than bags and travel, the wife not interested in other things. my car boot is my store room now, easier to hide.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 am

VWgolfer wrote:
Wow...seems like a wife is viewed to be "hazardous" and not a good "investment" Rolling Eyes

Dear VWgolfer...as you are a golfer, you took out the equation already. Congrats. Beer
Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:59 am

Tituman wrote:
VWgolfer wrote:

Dear VWgolfer...as you are a golfer, you took out the equation already. Congrats. Beer

Lol Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:04 pm

My regular golf handicap joke:

Question: What's your handicap?
My answer: My wife!!!! Cool

Actually got a fridge magnet golf ball from one of my ex-female boss many years ago that read: "My handicap is my wife"
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Come to think about it, my wife bought me a gof cap in Sunshine Coast Australia during our holiday in 2004 that read:

I live with Fear everyday
but sometimes, She lets me play golf!

lol!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:37 pm

in my case,

my wife plays Golf and loves golf too
so I guess I am Lucky too

I always buy the set of irons or clubs I want and
if my wife likes the feel of my club.

She would ask it ....haha

Like my Callaway X20 Tour irons with Px 5.5.
my wife loves it and doesnt want me to sell it....LOL
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:39 pm

The couple that plays together probably stays together cheers
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Bangla123 wrote:

Until she starts winning every game...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Bangla123 wrote:

Yes I guess so hahaha

Most of the golfers in my area.

To be honest, they do not like their wife playing golf
becoz its their way to sneak out for the 19th hole hahaha

Some of the golfers go and date with their umbrella girls
so if their wife plays Golf then they can't play around.

Most women don't like Golf becoz Golfing makes them alone with our kids ahahaha... while we enjoy the outdoor weather.

Some don't like Golf becoz they do not like to get "dark skinned"
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
willbudiman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:24 pm

IMHO,

this wife issue are a simple matter that should not be blown up, as i think in a marriage, there should be a certain degree of freedom afforded to both parties. after all, marriage is not life in prison. there should be understanding, and also give-take between husband and wife.

i have only been married a couple years, with our first kid due in 2 weeks time. I still play golf 2-3 times a week, and play on any day that i'm free to play..incl weekends. however, i still do accompany my wife to do groceries, or shopping, or whatever she wants to do for leisure, albeit not all the time but most times.

for financial issues (purchasing new items for golf etc), i buy whatever i like, when i like as long as i have the funds, and tell her the exact amount when she asks ( and say i'll win the money back in golf anyway ROFL ROFL ).

in short, i feel that as long as i have fulfilled my husband duties, eg.providing for her in all aspects including financial etc, i should be entitled to my own free time as long as it does not conflict with family time. i work my ass off and are entitled to enjoy a percentage of my hard earned money in any way of my choosing without having someone telling me how to or not to spend them.

i may sound chauvinistic or MCP as singaporeans like to say it, but again, this is just in my humble opinions Very Happy

sorry for the long post Beer
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Actually you sound like someone who is honest and manages your house well. Thumbs up to you
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
willbudiman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
Actually you sound like someone who is honest and manages your house well. Thumbs up to you

bro bangla,

thanks for the nice comment. however, please know that there are no one thats 100% honest..we lie from time to time, be it white lies or erm..black? lol! ..however, we are talking about golf in this issue, and i dont feel the need to lie about golf as its just a sport and there's nothing wrong with it imho..19th hole is just part and package of it ROFL ROFL ..

i do hope i can maintain my house that way, or better in the future Wink
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:37 pm

willbudiman wrote:
IMHO,

this wife issue are a simple matter that should not be blown up, as i think in a marriage, there should be a certain degree of freedom afforded to both parties. after all, marriage is not life in prison. there should be understanding, and also give-take between husband and wife.

i have only been married a couple years, with our first kid due in 2 weeks time. I still play golf 2-3 times a week, and play on any day that i'm free to play..incl weekends. however, i still do accompany my wife to do groceries, or shopping, or whatever she wants to do for leisure, albeit not all the time but most times.

for financial issues (purchasing new items for golf etc), i buy whatever i like, when i like as long as i have the funds, and tell her the exact amount when she asks ( and say i'll win the money back in golf anyway ROFL ROFL ).

in short, i feel that as long as i have fulfilled my husband duties, eg.providing for her in all aspects including financial etc, i should be entitled to my own free time as long as it does not conflict with family time. i work my ass off and are entitled to enjoy a percentage of my hard earned money in any way of my choosing without having someone telling me how to or not to spend them.

i may sound chauvinistic or MCP as singaporeans like to say it, but again, this is just in my humble opinions Very Happy

Spoken like someone who has only been married for a couple of years. You are still in your honeymoon phase.
Wait for the other shoe to drop.
3 options:
1) you fight all of the time
2) you get a divorce
3) LET HER WIN
I obviously chose option 3, but then again I am old, dumb, and allergic to pain.
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
willbudiman

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm

meia07656 wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
IMHO,

Spoken like someone who has only been married for a couple of years. You are still in your honeymoon phase.
Wait for the other shoe to drop.
3 options:
1) you fight all of the time
2) you get a divorce
3) LET HER WIN
I obviously chose option 3, but then again I am old, dumb, and allergic to pain.

lol by that time, i'll probaby think differently. oh well who knows whats gonna happen in the future..we'll just see and deal with it when it comes to that ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the wife thread    the wife thread  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the wife thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next