Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RBZ driver - range and on the green...

Go down 
+12
BigblackGoof
glespaul
jpfx55
Bangla123
jeremsevic
HyBriD
Turbo
ChrisD
senmin
asahi
Technospaz
garylin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

RBZ driver - range and on the green... Empty
PostSubject: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi guys, recently purchased a RBZ driver Asian spec.. tested it a couple of times at the range and the feeling is quite crisp. Sound also to my liking - similar to TM SF range.. But on the green, the sound is more hollow.. not sure why also.. Is it because of the difference in ball? or Swing speed? I tend to swing slower on the green.

At range: used typical range balls
On Green: Used Taylormade Burner Tour balls
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:55 am

Is it like singing in the shower... sounds great indoors but horrible outdoors.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:24 am

Technospaz wrote:
Is it like singing in the shower... sounds great indoors but horrible outdoors.

Hahahhaha. Like!

Back to topic, Difference in acoustic likely due to the ball used.
Back to top Go down
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:03 am

Are u gaining much more distance with the RBZ?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 am

Having played both in range and on course. dont feel or hear any diff.
however, this is a damn good driver, keep it.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 am

tks guys for your inputs. will try it out again maybe with different balls..

@senmin: i think i've gained abit of distance ( but this is more likely due to how easy it is to hit with this driver).. checking ball marks at the range, I'm able to hit most my shots at the sweet spot as compared to my previous drivers - hitting it all over the place. )
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Anybody here tried the Asian and US spec of RBZ? Care to share the differences (if any) in terms of feel and performance?

Thanks a heap in advance!

Cheers,
Turbo
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey,

May I ask how much is the RBZ driver?

Have you also bought the RDZ 3 wood?
Do you remember how much are the 3 & 5 wood?

RBZ standard driver is 1 deg close
Have you check how much is the RBZ Tour? Neutral face
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:59 pm

@Turbo: I've tried both and eventually got the Asian spec because I found it easier to swing. I'm not really pro enough but I think that the Asian spec is lighter than US Spec R and S. And somehow feels smoother on the swing. Really advise you to try if you intend to get either.. Demo days have both shafts for you to test.. Do note that RBZ tour feels different than the RBZ standard (sound and the contact also feels different)

@Hybrid: From what I recall, prices are:
RBZ Driver US - $429 or $349 (export set at GD)
RBZ Driver Asian - $499 (if u can bargain, maybe can get for cheaper)
RBZ Driver Tour - $529
RBZ Fairway - $339(Asian) or $2xx? (US)
RBZ Fairway Tour - Havent seen any
I didnt buy the FW cos I cant hit it well.. but i saw the demo guy hit it like further than my driver..
Can just give any golf house a call to confirm the prices.

Cheers!

Last edited by garylin on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jeremsevic
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 pm

garylin wrote:
@Turbo: I've tried both and eventually got the Asian spec because I found it easier to swing. I'm not really pro enough but I think that the Asian spec is lighter than US Spec R and S. And somehow feels smoother on the swing. Really advise you to try if you intend to get either.. Demo days have both shafts for you to test.. Do note that RBZ tour feels different than the RBZ standard (sound and the contact also feels different)

@Hybrid: From what I recall, prices are:
RBZ Driver US - $429 or $349 (export set at GD)
RBZ Driver Asian - $499 (if u can bargain, maybe can get for cheaper)
RBZ Driver Tour - $529
RBZ Fairway - $239 or $299 (cant remember alr)
RBZ Fairway Tour - Havent seen any
I didnt buy the FW cos I cant hit it well.. but i saw the demo guy hit it like further than my driver..
Can just give any golf house a call to confirm the prices.

Cheers!

Good info
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Turbo wrote:
Anybody here tried the Asian and US spec of RBZ? Care to share the differences (if any) in terms of feel and performance?

Thanks a heap in advance!

Cheers,
Turbo

Hey Turbo,

If i am correct, All US spec's are installed using Matrix brand shaft

while for Asian spec's, the installed shaft are Mitsubishi Rayon.

I have a lot of friends who uses R flex if the driver or irons are US spec's
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Can anyone from Singapore post here the current price of

RBZ standard driver

RBZ Tour driver

RBZ 3 wood

RBZ 5 wood
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:59 pm

RBZ.. amazing stuff from Taylormade
Back to top Go down
jpfx55
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Bro Garylin , did u get a significant distance gain from your previous driver?
What's the ball flight like?
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 pm

jpfx55 wrote:
Bro Garylin , did u get a significant distance gain from your previous driver?
What's the ball flight like?

I'm not at that playing level to be able to gauge distance gain based on equipment.. And my previous driver was 10.5* while this is a 9.5*..

However, much better forgiveness. I did gain distance but likely cos i was hitting the sweetspot better. or the setup is making me swing better. Distance gain arnd 10-20m ?

Ball flight: Medium to high launch. Its like a slightly higher launch than most 9.5 but lower than my 10.5.. Remember that RBZ face is more shallow.. so my usual tee position is abit too high which results in a higher ball flight, sometimes I really balloon some into the sky..

Hope this helps but I really recommend trying the clubs yourself..
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Bro Gary, I am keen in this driver but I fear that the launch is too high for me. My Cobra Speed Pro-S with 9.5 deg loft and S-Flex Fujikura shaft, my ball trajectory is quite high already ... Thats why I am currently using a 8.5 deg loft TM TP Burner SF 1.0 driver.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Turbo wrote:
Bro Gary, I am keen in this driver but I fear that the launch is too high for me. My Cobra Speed Pro-S with 9.5 deg loft and S-Flex Fujikura shaft, my ball trajectory is quite high already ... Thats why I am currently using a 8.5 deg loft TM TP Burner SF 1.0 driver.

Hi turbo, i recommend that you try the clubs out. Tour RBZ supposed to give a lower ball flight and less spin. Shaft is also stiffer and heavier. Alot also depends on swing speed. My swing speed is slower, so the launch is good for me.. Still a good distance even if I balloon it.. will post more personal review after i use it again this weekend. At the range - hitting it pretty well (so far). Actually, if you visit JCC range, you can borrow it from me to test it out Very Happy

I went Isetan last night. the price for RBZ Fairway wood after discoud is $339. This is for the Asian spec.. didnt see any US spec ones lying around.. Updated my earlier price list post for those who are interested.. Then again, I couldnt use this FW.. recommendation to all is to make use of demo days to try first!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
glespaul
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I have Both driver and 3 wood US if anyone keen to try can meetup at bishan range. :-)
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Transview is selling the new RBZ FW (Jap spec) at around S$300 (after 30% disc) ... Hmmm ... Good buy!
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Wah so tempted to buy when i dropped by GD just now... They let with 6 pcs of RBZ drivers... White Flag

Gonna surrender to the temptation soon...
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:33 pm

My fren got the driver at paragon golfhouse.
He tested the club n his current club on golfhse simulator.. Result is RBZ is further by 10yds.. His current driver is 909D2.

But then mayb it is bcos rbz is more forgivin thus more sweet spot n further..

Sounds good!!

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
Wah so tempted to buy when i dropped by GD just now... They let with 6 pcs of RBZ drivers... White Flag

Gonna surrender to the temptation soon...

Hi BigblackGoof

How much are they selling the drivers? Jap Specs?

Thanks !
chien
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:39 pm

US Specs... $349 as advertised! Taylormade

I went to the one at kakit bukit...
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:12 pm

Golf Direct only sells US spec version.

Update: Managed to use the RBZ driver again this weekend.. The different feel/sound i get as mentioned previously is probably due to slower swing speed or offhits.. Got a few good hits today and the feeling is good. Distance also slightly better than my previous driver. Offhits are definitely more forgiving and distance still good.. I'm keeping this until i get really consistent Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:17 pm

garylin wrote:
Golf Direct only sells US spec version.

Update: Managed to use the RBZ driver again this weekend.. The different feel/sound i get as mentioned previously is probably due to slower swing speed or offhits.. Got a few good hits today and the feeling is good. Distance also slightly better than my previous driver. Offhits are definitely more forgiving and distance still good.. I'm keeping this until i get really consistent Smile

Gary, what loft and shaft flex are you using on your RBZ toy? Did you reshaft it or u stick to the stock shaft?

I wonder if there is any feel and performance difference between the Asian and US spec shaft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RBZ driver - range and on the green...   RBZ driver - range and on the green... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RBZ driver - range and on the green...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next