Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?

Go down 
+12
guangzhao
spikey
GolfGTI
Turbo
duffader
enwee
Batman
hillgreen
chien
Edgarkj
gingerus
garylin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? Empty
PostSubject: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Sibei tempted to get this driver.. anyone using? Got any review?
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:05 pm

i tried it and was super amazed by the results... but surprisingly i cant find much reviews on this driver as well

another thing to note is cobra market this driver with "real deal" after market shafts...dont know how true is this
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:18 pm

gingerus wrote:
i tried it and was super amazed by the results... but surprisingly i cant find much reviews on this driver as well

another thing to note is cobra market this driver with "real deal" after market shafts...dont know how true is this

you just poisoned me more.. hah. Did you try it with the US version or Asian version with TourAD shaft?
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:08 pm

tried with the asian version with tourAD shaft... very solid feel
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 pm

any idea what's the price in Singapore ?
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm

i've seen it selling around $650
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:07 pm

gingerus wrote:
i've seen it selling around $650

HI guys

Just tried this at the range and it seems to suit me well, for that extra 10m or more...

Have you guys gotten it ?

Please share your experience....

Also, I see from the web that overseas sell with the Fujikura shaft but if I can remember I saw the Tour AD shaft.. Any comments..?

Thanks guys

Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Got several good reviews from the US website.....

Go MyGolfSpy web and they have a detail review on it. Besides that some US forums have sing praise of it, some even claim that it is better than the S3.

Think the standard shaft will be the Fujikura motore 55g series..

The graphic on it looks very nice.... one of the nicest that I had seen so far..
The sound from the driver is also nice, not very loud and not very muted..

I would say that this is definitely worth a try ..

Comes in black or white head - both very nice . Discovered that Isetan has a cobra booth and they are selling about $650.

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:34 pm

hillgreen wrote:

Got several good reviews from the US website.....

Go MyGolfSpy web and they have a detail review on it. Besides that some US forums have sing praise of it, some even claim that it is better than the S3.

Think the standard shaft will be the Fujikura motore 55g series..

The graphic on it looks very nice.... one of the nicest that I had seen so far..
The sound from the driver is also nice, not very loud and not very muted..

I would say that this is definitely worth a try ..

Comes in black or white head - both very nice . Discovered that Isetan has a cobra booth and they are selling about $650.

Thanks Hillgreen

Any idea whats the difference between the 2 shafts?

The Fujikura shaft is on the ones sold in US and they are cheaper than current ones sold in Sgp which have Tour AD sgaft.

Thanks very much!
chien
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Will u guys be keen to buy from US website n combine shipment to split costs?
Cos I m thinking of getting some other Cobra clubs n stuffs from tgw.com
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Batman wrote:
Will u guys be keen to buy from US website n combine shipment to split costs?
Cos I m thinking of getting some other Cobra clubs n stuffs from tgw.com

HI Batman

Thanks for the offer.. Was thinking of buying from the web... But after some calculation and most of all, one kind shop owner finally cut his price, I bought it from him today as the difference is only $50 and it's on a shaft I have not tried...

Thanks for the offer again.. Will PM you if I need anything from overseas...

Best
chien
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:51 pm

sounds like you get a good deal ....
can recommend the shop ..
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:03 pm

hillgreen wrote:
sounds like you get a good deal ....
can recommend the shop ..

Guess I got the lowest price so far after checking up quite a few places...

The shop is Golf & Leisure at Far East Shopping Centre 2nd floor...

From the few occasions I was there, they were always friendly.. And think this is the first time I bought anything from them...

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

Is the real Tour AD or just the OEM version like most of the other makers, if real which Tour AD ?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:21 pm

enwee wrote:
Is the real Tour AD or just the OEM version like most of the other makers, if real which Tour AD ?

Tour AD.. Same as all the other shops I went to.. Singapore distributors apparently only bring in this shaft.. Not the Fujikura.

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 pm

chien wrote:
enwee wrote:

Tour AD.. Same as all the other shops I went to.. Singapore distributors apparently only bring in this shaft.. Not the Fujikura.

I know Tour AD, model? DI5,6,7,8 or DJ5,6,7 or 8? I don't they'll fit BB, because it's the newest one now。
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 pm

The tour AD is the OEM on the Encore.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 pm

duffader wrote:
oic...thks.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:03 pm

chien wrote:
Guess I got the lowest price so far after checking up quite a few places...

The shop is Golf & Leisure at Far East Shopping Centre 2nd floor...

From the few occasions I was there, they were always friendly.. And think this is the first time I bought anything from them...

Nice to know that bro. Coincidentally, I also bought my ZL from them 2 years back. Yes they are very nice and friendly people. Just make the whole buying experience more worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:29 pm

duffader wrote:

Thanks Duffader !
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:41 pm

chien wrote:
duffader wrote:

Thanks Duffader !

So you bought the white Encore? So far how does the driver perform? Meets your expectation?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:37 am

Turbo wrote:
chien wrote:
duffader wrote:

Thanks Duffader !

So you bought the white Encore? So far how does the driver perform? Meets your expectation?

Turbo,

It's been a long road getting this driver, If you want the short answer, it's Yes.

To share the long story, I went to this Pro shop at Bishan upon recommendation of a friend to try out the i20 initially.. The boss there was very good, he had this $11k machine that measured my swing speed, ball launch, distance carried and landed etc. Thus, I could actually see my stats for 5 other drivers that he allowed me to try.

In the end, it was the Cobra ZL Encore which showed better consistency and distance (which was what I was looking for in the beginning). My irons and woods are ok, not as long as the other guys in the forum. But consistent.. I'm a small guy so I was always looking for that extra distance off the tee. For my previous driver, I was hitting minimum 210m sometimes 230m... Of course that was not enough in today's courses..

As all excited "young men" I played a round of 18 yesterday afternoon immediately after the purchase. Perhaps it was the beautiful weather, I played 11 over, 7 front 9 and 4 over the back. My first drive was a big draw, but still landed right in front a bunker I didn't usually had to think about for my previous driver.. I was consistently hitting above 220m yesterday..

The driver didn't produce a loud "pong" sound like some others. It was very much muted. Which I like, it was more low profile and subtle and generous in its performance. I do draw a bit too much at times but thats due to my very strong grip, which I managed to adjust after few drives. I took the 10.5 degree which gave a beautiful high launch, thus, maximizing the carry and distance. There were of course a couple of bad drives as I was still experimenting the club, but the distance was never below 210m.

A lesson learnt here, I can't play all clubs, even though there were rave reviews of other drivers, I found out at the range that I could not handle them because I am not a strong hitter. It takes some time and figuring out to find that suitable driver...

Thanks for reading !
chien
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi Guys,

I have the black head (US spec) and it makes wonder!my drive is straighter and longer now!and if i miss hit i still able to get a decent distance (180m) and line. Very large sweet spot.

My dad got the white head(jap spec) the shaft is longer and of course if i hit it my distance is longer also.

One of the best driver i ever own.

Also I have the new blaffer 21 degree.wow very good rescue club.rescue me everything
Back to top Go down
spikey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
spikey

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 am

Anyone still using this?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Yes, I am using it ... Why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?   Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cobra ZL Encore driver - anyone using this?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next