Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ponggol Driving Range

Go down 
+42
Daztasiumz
pug
Turbo
IceShelterX
allenthl
smallhorse
kevinhwc
hkhamateur
Suspicious
Ssquirrel
peace2903
simoner
Iluvgolf
ewyeo
Joshua
anodiz3
yhzhuo
jfactor67
mengteck71
ttkm
bian1980
henrychiahb
Duval_S
Kengnam
drawbias
4dtoto
robing
sob
JonL_TK
p3nboy
escyb
hacknet
golfjoy
hide
Bangla123
DGman
eiji
mitatr
sagiteric
Golfkid
samT
iron eagle
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Ponggol Driving Range Empty
PostSubject: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Today went to Ponggol Driving range to meet one of my kaki, bought a pack of dinner
intend to stay late perhaps hit more golf ball. (200 balls)

As i enter the range I realised there's a car park barrier with ERP type, bought one token
asked the receptionist if theres free token for car park entry she no! You must get to it mah!
So I told her u must get used to lesser golfers also!

I told her I 'll have $6.00 one token and that's will be the last time I will come here, cos got
to pay car park!! after hitting my 90 ball paid car park $1.80. b'cos the rest like TP, Bishan
and OCC are free carpark and ppl spent their leisure time at range and also spend on F&B.

After I left the range had only few golfers, such very effective carpark, the management is
really sleeping doesn't know what's his competitor is doing! Family with kids also stop going
there, pity KFC business sure dropped!

After office hours hardly more 10 golfers practising? something is very wrong! Good bye !
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Bays aplenty? Gonna make this my regular spot liao. Thanks much for info.
Back to top Go down
Golfkid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:46 pm

Definately benefit those staying nearby! lol!
Back to top Go down
sagiteric
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:57 pm

I was there last night ard 6pm and paid $3.60 for approx two hours parking.

Pretty crowded during that time despite the parking charges. Sometime ppl just dun mind to pay if they are staying nearby. Save travelling time and petrol bah.

Back to top Go down
mitatr
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mitatr

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:27 pm

honestly, the parking charges are horrendous. <2hrs parking cost me $2.80.
chatted with one of Poh Bros and was told that it was the stupid landlord who installed the ERP parking because alot of people used the cp and go to Popeyes. Poh bros rented the place and now gotta face this kind of nonsence.

can see significant drop in biz for the range and KFC.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:29 pm

parking still hurts the business...i have a few more tokens to finish up, once i am done, i am never going again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:43 pm

the parking charges are really going to kill the business at that driving range.

its barely started and now this...hope it gets resolved soon. i always thought that Poh brothers are the ones who tendered and won the tender to built the driving range.???

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:16 pm

The company that tendered for this place is called "Par Golf" not sure if this is Poh brothers
I 've asked them before they say no!

People like to have what we called instant gratification, example like free parking,
and the time and money spend can vary, like hit more golf ball, spend on F&B walk into
golf pro shop, some thing strike them, buy without consideration, impulse buying!
good for the business..now they are killing the golden goose the lay gold egg!
Penny wise pound foolish!

I for one would not visit them anymore, I rather visit Bishan, Toa Payoh or OCC
can take my time to enjoy the scenery, hit golf ball...at leisure paste.

Good bye Ponggol range!
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Wow, effective implementation of Parking charges. Wonder if everyone will stop driving when the govt starts moving towards "per use" car charges.
Back to top Go down
hide
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
hide

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 pm

was there with my usual kaki tonite, and the freaking cp cost $4.80! now we rather go occ... sad...
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:10 am

hide wrote:
was there with my usual kaki tonite, and the freaking cp cost $4.80! now we rather go occ... sad...

bring me too!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
hacknet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:19 am

wah, even in orchard road, parking is only $3.21 per entry in the evenings...
Back to top Go down
hide
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
hide

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:22 am

golfjoy wrote:
hide wrote:

bring me too!!!!! Laughing

really mah? we're thinking of this thursday, either mbgc or occ, still not confirmed...
Back to top Go down
hide
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
hide

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 am

hacknet wrote:
wah, even in orchard road, parking is only $3.21 per entry in the evenings...

I tink next time if im gg i will walk there and play alone already as none of my friends will wanna play golf relaxingly at such an expensive carpark place! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:44 am

I was there on sat, hit 90 balls n had abit of kfc wif my missus b4 leaving. My parking charges was over $3.50.... . I agree wif every1 tat the parking charges r ridiculous. Think I'll go back to occ n enjoy the auto ball tee up machine! 
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 am

so fast? the range is for sale?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:14 am

ROC check revealed that it is owned by a Mr Tan Eng Siong with 51% and Ningbo Construction Company with 49%. Other proxies, if any, are unknown.

Directors include 2 chinese named Chen Ji Dong and Tao Jian Ming and of course Mr Tan himself.

looks like the Poh Bros do not own this range.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:45 am

Given the huge number of golfers in SGP going to ranges, I often felt v frustrated to have to wait for bays and sometimes seeing ppl occupying bays and not using them efficiently. In some countries, you "rent" a bay by the hour. I was hoping Ponggol kind of instil this "pay-as-you-use" concept, albeit via the carparking charges. Looks like its probably not going to happen...

Last edited by samT on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 am

Does one even take fuel consumption cost vs parking charges into consideration?
If I were to stay at Punggol have to drive to OCC or MBGC to and fro... Wouldn't that cost more than merely driving to the nearest range and practicing?

Then there would be other cost involve also mah... Like car maintenance cost, drive further means must service more often... Hurt resale value of car cos of higher mileage...

There are more cost incurred that paying $1.80 per hour to drive somewhere further just for "free" parking!

As they said... Nothing is "FREE"

If not... Find a Taxi Driver that plays golf... Stays near you... So can jio him/her to range session...

I have seen taxi drivers at the range before... Even on the golf course!!!
NSRCC (Changi) has a few
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 am

Was there on Sunday at my kaki insistence, when driving into CP saw the gantry.Was like"this does not look too good." but since already there LL park car and headed for the range.

Whack 2 tokens worth of balls and decided to leave, saw that parking came to about SGD3.60 for 2 hours or so.
Told my Kaki that is the last time I am heading there, still like OCC better.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 am

DGman wrote:
ROC check revealed that it is owned by a Mr Tan Eng Siong with 51% and Ningbo Construction Company with 49%. Other proxies, if any, are unknown.

Directors include 2 chinese named Chen Ji Dong and Tao Jian Ming and of course Mr Tan himself.

looks like the Poh Bros do not own this range.

DGman

Just called TP range to find out, Ponggol range is run by Poh ET,
carpark belongs to the landlord, ET management now at the mercy of the landlord! What a pity! Land lord wants everything.
Back to top Go down
robing
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
robing

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I WAS there 2weeks ago having lunch at KFC
i told the crews AT KFC that once the barrier is up, they will never see me there.. Smile

It's not about the money we have to pay for the carparks.
ITS ABOUT "buay song" to pay ...

the management does not understand the feeling of drivers,,
it is not about GOLFERs

OCC is the place to go ... even No KFC there... tongue
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:07 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Does one even take fuel consumption cost vs parking charges into consideration?
If I were to stay at Punggol have to drive to OCC or MBGC to and fro... Wouldn't that cost more than merely driving to the nearest range and practicing?

Then there would be other cost involve also mah... Like car maintenance cost, drive further means must service more often... Hurt resale value of car cos of higher mileage...

There are more cost incurred that paying $1.80 per hour to drive somewhere further just for "free" parking!

As they said... Nothing is "FREE"

If not... Find a Taxi Driver that plays golf... Stays near you... So can jio him/her to range session...

I have seen taxi drivers at the range before... Even on the golf course!!!
NSRCC (Changi) has a few

cheers cheers cheers can you sponsor me some parking fees this SUN ?
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm

The landlord have every right to impose ... from buzz stand point ..... The operator may introduce carpark redemption scheme to arouse ppl to patronize the place.
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 pm

robing wrote:
OCC is the place to go ... even No KFC there... tongue

Subway coming..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ponggol Driving Range   Ponggol Driving Range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ponggol Driving Range
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next