Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before Empty
PostSubject: Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before   Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi GRians

would like to ask if anyone has played golf in New Delhi, India before? namely Qutab Golf Course and The Delhi Golf Club... i think both are walking course and the Delhi Golf club one seems a bit more classy

http://www.qutabgolfcourse.in/

http://www.delhigolfclub.org/

any advice most appreciated

thanks for looking...
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before   Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Bro, are you going there for holiday?
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before   Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:13 pm

you should ask bangla123. he is from the neighboring country.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
charan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before   Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:25 pm

My word of advice:
You can avoid the qutab golf course but definitely delhi golf club (dgc) is an amazing and a super narrow course..One of the oldest courses in India in the poshest area..But be careful of the rough..(very unforgiving)

Also if you are there try the DLF golf course and country club at Gurgaon-45 minute drive from new delhi..Voted as the sub continents finest course..But you would require a member to take you to play there.

btw carry your handicap certificates for any of these courses--they are strict about it..
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before   Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:16 pm

charan wrote:
My word of advice:
You can avoid the qutab golf course but definitely delhi golf club (dgc) is an amazing and a super narrow course..One of the oldest courses in India in the poshest area..But be careful of the rough..(very unforgiving)

Also if you are there try the DLF golf course and country club at Gurgaon-45 minute drive from new delhi..Voted as the sub continents finest course..But you would require a member to take you to play there.

btw carry your handicap certificates for any of these courses--they are strict about it..

thanks for the advice man, yes will carry handicap card when going to delhi golf course to play
why avoid Qutab? i see its a public course, that bad condition? it is actually close to where i be staying so i thought it would be a good place to play...

Back to top Go down
charan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before   Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Qutab is not that bad-just a public course so not as good as other courses there. But if you are staying in that area then i guess it makes sense to just play there . Its not a very long course and relatively easy course. but if you have time try the Delhi Golf club-worth a game and it is max about 25-30 minute drive from the quatab area!!

Enjoy!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before   Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone played in New Delhi golf course before
Page 1 of 1