Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cleaning my irons after using

Go down 
+10
Cyrano
Slicer51
Lee36328
nrafee
Duval_S
Technospaz
TDO
poncs
Batman
benedictteo83
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

cleaning my irons after using Empty
PostSubject: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:42 pm

hi all bro and sis, got a question here. my friend taught me to use johnson's baby lotion to clean my clubs after each game, tried it once and it truly is clean but just wanne ask if it's advisable to do that? will it damage my irons groove?
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Wont la bro. Its part of taking care of ur irons. If not the dirt get stuck in e groove too long will b difficult to wash away.

For me, I will wash after each game, but only for those that have dirt stuck in e groove. Hope this helps..
Back to top Go down
poncs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 pm

never heard or try this b4. You not scare your clubs face as smooth as baby's bottom?

joke aside.

on course make sure to use the club washer on the buggy after taking divot or bunker + a cloth to clean clean a bit..

usually use a hard/firm toothbrush and clean dry cloth to clean after game.
then use a very light slightly singer oiled cloth to wipe wipe a bit.

Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 pm

quite true bro poncs, i had though of will it smooth the clubs face as well cos after using u feel like the whole clubs is smooth and no joke. just afraid will damage it after a long time. and thx bro batman maybe i will still do it cos i realli clean up the clubs like brand new unless u got scratch on the clubs.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 pm

I always clean the club face with a damp cloth after every shot. At times I will use a tee to dig the stubborn dirt from the grooves. Using baby lotion is a bit too caring, in my opinion. Just clean the club face with a used tooth brush in a basin or under small running water should suffice. Smile

Last edited by TDO on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:59 pm

And to add on, yes I also clean my clubs before and after each shot. Smile

I usually carry 2pc of cloth. 1 "face towel" for cleaning ball when on greens,
and another "hand towel" for other clubs' face; especially driver. Because I
personally hate seeing those ball marks on my SuperTri Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:04 pm

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t868-cleaning-caring-for-your-clubs
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:10 pm

thx bro techno. that means baby lotion do works well with it. nice and cheap way and the clubs shine which i'm loving it..
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Wah!!!! Thanks techno for the nostalgic thread

I so admit i still practise what I had said
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Wah!!!! Thanks techno for the nostalgic thread

I so admit i still practise what I had said

talking about nostalgia,... I went in and saw WMF's posting...

where has WMF gone to.. MIA since Aug...

Posts per day : 3.02
Latest post : Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 am
Find all messages posted by watermyforrest
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:27 am

Batman wrote:
And to add on, yes I also clean my clubs before and after each shot. Smile

I usually carry 2pc of cloth. 1 "face towel" for cleaning ball when on greens,
and another "hand towel" for other clubs' face; especially driver. Because I
personally hate seeing those ball marks on my SuperTri Very Happy

I like to use the club cleaner by the side of the buggy. Saves me so much trouble. Getting lazy to clean after every session in the range like I used to.

I clean after every shot during a round so that I don't have to clean before every shot.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 am

there are days, I hardly need to clean my clubs....coz top the ball all the way !!!!
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 am

Duval_S wrote:
there are days, I hardly need to clean my clubs....coz top the ball all the way !!!!

Wow, you are so lucky ... I ground my clubs most of my time .. all my irons so dirty that I need to clean them after every holes, until most of the caddies do not want to caddy for me Laughing White Flag
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 pm

top the ball.. the ball can still roll a good 50-100m depending on your swing speed.
ground the club.. depending on how far behind the ball u ground.. the ball will at most move 5m??.. hahahahhaha. Sometimes I'll be happy if i top the ball. Ground the ball.. not only the ball doesn't travel.. I'll end up having sore ribs.. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 pm

Cyrano wrote:
top the ball.. the ball can still roll a good 50-100m depending on your swing speed.
ground the club.. depending on how far behind the ball u ground.. the ball will at most move 5m??.. hahahahhaha. Sometimes I'll be happy if i top the ball. Ground the ball.. not only the ball doesn't travel.. I'll end up having sore ribs.. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Truth, that's why I need to clean my club more often then other Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Cyrano wrote:

Bunker shot should be no problem for you then.

I still tend to top my short bunker shot if I'm not careful - DARN IT!
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:56 pm

slicer.. if we were to play together.. every hole will have additional hazards from all the deep divots that we created!.. hahahahahhahahah
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:59 pm

By right bunker shots should be a breeze.. but the problem with me is that I always hold back on my shots after i've hit the ball or the ground. I don release my swing all the way to the finishing. Once i get the feedback from my club that i've hit the impact point, i always hold back.
Any tips on drills to release the swing?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Cyrano wrote:

Bunker shot should be no problem for you then.

I still tend to top my short bunker shot if I'm not careful - DARN IT!

Lee, do not try to "blow smokes" here. The last time we played, your bunker shots was fine Laughing
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Cyrano wrote:
slicer.. if we were to play together.. every hole will have additional hazards from all the deep divots that we created!.. hahahahahhahahah

Truth also but the different are ... your divots will be in front of the ball and mine is behind the ball Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:13 pm

mine is mostly behind the ball also actually.. if in front of the ball.. the ball should take flight.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:24 pm

I used petroleum jelly after I clean my clubs with water & liquid soap.

They say using a bar soap are not good because it can scratch our eyeglass glasses so I dont like it to scratch my irons & other clubs.
Liquid soap seems to be better.

And after drying them up. Petroleum Jelly is another alternative to make it shine & clean
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:06 pm

I previously use WD 40 oil but it has a smell to it.

Now I use silicone spray to clean and rust preventives for the head and steel shaft :-

http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/lubricants/multipurpose_lubricants/auto_Permatex_Silicone_Spray_Lubricant.htm

Silicone Spray does not attract dust and dirt easily and it act a a rust preventive layer on the shaft; smell is not strong as well.

I also use it to spray metal part on the bag to prevent rust as well.

Sometimes, I use baby oil to clean as it smell nice. Razz

Both items works for me so no harm trying.

Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Woot it seems like many bro do take care of the clubs, for mi reason is simple cos I can't afford to spend money buying new clubs now and then. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Golfkid
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:14 am

Would it be baby lotion or baby oil?

Lotion sounds like the creamy type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cleaning my irons after using   cleaning my irons after using I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cleaning my irons after using
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next