Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips Needed For Backswing

Go down 
+19
Turbo
Winston
Slicer51
Birdman
Tituman
abadan
dmateo
acidic88
jhan18
pushslice
Lee36328
duffader
mengteck71
solarpop
wilkang
sandkie
TourSwing
alvin7379
harimau
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:44 am

Titu,

See ball.. hit ball.. see sinseh! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:21 am

Tituman wrote:
... My method is very simple. SEE BALL HIT BALL !. I do advised beginner though to go to a coach and get the basics right and not swing like me, a copycat Jim Furyk, well not exactly copy but it just developed into something like him. Enjoy the game..... Very Happy

titu

The swing is already complicate enough, why made it more complicate.

Agreed, once we learn the basis, just "see ball hit ball". Now, where the h*** is my ball ? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
harimau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
harimau

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:23 am

jhan18 wrote:
abadan wrote:
By looking at the pics. I have a strong feeling that the only thing that has changed is his grip. Looks like a stronger left hand grip in the after pic compared to the before pic. If u look really closely, there is a slight hinge on his left wrist on e before pic and is flat on the after pic.

Hi mate

it's not grip. Totally different position at the top. The whole idea of a one plane swing is to match the left forearm and shaft with the plane line. When you do so the left wrist would be flat as in the 'after' picture. Harimau if you would like to know more about this swing method, drop by for SSN next wednesday. I'm probably gonna pop by.

Cheers

okok. Will try to make it. Looking forward to it and hope I don't make a fool out of myself then. bounce
Back to top Go down
harimau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
harimau

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:28 am

dmateo wrote:
it is a swing.
If I were you you need to focus on swing characteristic. The back swing set you to a comfortable position to start the down swing. This is different to everybody due to the fact that no one share the exact same physical traits and muscle structure.

There is however a guidance on how to do this properly as a generic template to follow, but you need to work within your own physic to find out what is comfortable for you. You can do slight variation to suites your body as long as you keep within the principle generic rule.

Then as everyone say, swing it down through the ball. (no it's not hit the ball). another characteristic of a swing from my experience is that it starts from 0 and then accelerate down through the ball. if you got it right you shouldn't even worry about direction as the right swing plane will bring your club face back to where it was at the start (the ball). And if you managed to do that while completely relax (ie with no correction, just relying on gravitational force and club weight and CG), you will end up with a repeatable swing (gravity and club weight and CG is constant). Repeatable swing = consistency = good striker. Not necessarily good golfer since there are other important elements that you still need (putting comes in mind), but none the less good ball striker you will be (as Yoda said).

might worth googling video clip from Rickart Strongert on golf swing, it was quite usefull for me at least. May the force be with you.

HTH

I enjoy Rickart Strongert's videos, especially when he clowns around and try to mimic all the common noob mistakes. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Birdman wrote:
Titu,

Hahahahhahahahhahahh.........but my injury did not come from golf leh. It came as a result of one of my holiday trips which I have pulled a muscle lugging too much heavy luggages. Did not rest it but continue to play golf.....sigh........ and golf only exacerbate it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Tituman wrote:
... My method is very simple. SEE BALL HIT BALL !. I do advised beginner though to go to a coach and get the basics right and not swing like me, a copycat Jim Furyk, well not exactly copy but it just developed into something like him. Enjoy the game..... Very Happy

titu

The swing is already complicate enough, why made it more complicate.

Agreed, once we learn the basis, just "see ball hit ball". Now, where the h*** is my ball ? Laughing Laughing

hahahhahahahhh.... Beer
Back to top Go down
harimau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
harimau

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Birdman wrote:
Titu,

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Actually I think I am also the see ball hit ball type Razz
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Back to top Go down
harimau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
harimau

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Winston wrote:

I clicked on the video, but all I'm seeing is the beauty you have on yr avatar n signature

Distracting la...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:29 am

Winston wrote:

OMG! Bro Winston, your pics & avatar never cease to amaze me ... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
e_nonymus
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
e_nonymus

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 pm

I am a beginner and to make it more difficult a leftie. My instructor was right handed and I had to replicate his movements like a mirror to learn the basics.

My shots were (and still are) a bit skewed and the balls have a significant left swing in their trajectory. Recently I realized that if I make the back swing a bit slower and give it a breathing moment's pause then begin the swing, it actally helps me a lot.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm

e_nonymus wrote:
I am a beginner and to make it more difficult a leftie. My instructor was right handed and I had to replicate his movements like a mirror to learn the basics.

Phil Mickelson also known as "lefty" is actually a righty! He learned golf standing in front of his father (also a righty) and mirroring his moves ... thus learning to play left handed!!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:16 pm

TourSwing wrote:
e_nonymus wrote:

Phil Mickelson also known as "lefty" is actually a righty! He learned golf standing in front of his father (also a righty) and mirroring his moves ... thus learning to play left handed!!

Pro Punkrockpga in GR is also right handed but playing lefty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Awesome! So is Mike Weir!!

... and Rafa Nadal Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:28 pm

I play right-handed golf like I am left-handed... maybe I should play left-handed golf then maybe got chance to get pars sunny
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:10 pm

i am left handed but i play right thinking that i can be the reverse of Phil Michelson.

unfortunately the reverse is only true in terms of skill level.
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:08 pm

yeah bro nrafee, shock that day when i saw u writing with left hand..
Back to top Go down
e_nonymus
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
e_nonymus

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:17 pm

The games mention lift my spirits...bet lets get real....Most of my recent practices happened in indoor simulators and partly drunk.

No way those names can be mentioned in the same thread as mine Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips Needed For Backswing   Tips Needed For Backswing - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips Needed For Backswing
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2