Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA

Go down 
+14
Master
duffader
jimmychoo
mUAr_cHEe
nutty88
mox
andrew-golf
iron eagle
dmateo
slinger
eiji
Technospaz
blee67
Tituman
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 am

Hi bros, sistas, as I might be taking my first trip overseas with my Golf Bag, wondering what is SIA
check in requirements/procedures regarding the bag? Things like is the weight of the golf bag part of your total entitlement of 20/25kg of check in allowance or do they gave extra as regard to A Golf Bag. Hope to get everything here regarding travelling with a golf bag. Destination Hong Kong. Thanks.

titu
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am

David, they calculate the weight separately. Apparently they have a formula for weighing the bag. So far, I do not have a problem checking in my golf bag and luggage when I travel.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:17 am

Blee, you fly biz class... I'm surprised that they don't polish your clubs once you land.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 am

Ha ha. TS, not all sectors... Other sectors I go coach as well la...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:19 am

Its all stated in their website.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/baggage-outsize/
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 am

d, my golf bag seldom exceed 20kg.....

how many drivers n golf balls u bring along??!!

i never have any problem checking in my golf bag.... for SIA

however, are u travelling with family??

are your family checking in many bags??
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks Eiji, like that I better not bring my golf bags next time I travel liao... No
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:27 am

Hong Kong golf equipment is cheaper than singapore, just go there buy a complete set! Razz
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:28 am

so moral of the story, if you go to US you'll have to pay for excess baggage since ethe pricing is not applicable for travell to/from US.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am

You referring to those Tailor-Made and Colourway sets ah? lol!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 am

for US, you are allowed 2 check-in luggages not totalling more than 23kg per piece. the golf bag is considered one piece of luggage.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 am

blee2007 wrote:
You referring to those Tailor-Made and Colourway sets ah? lol!

no, authentic golf sets, if you know where to get them, there are significantly cheaper than buying from our local stores.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am

Tks everyone for sharing your inputs.

@ Slinger... Yeah, my whole family going along but its for 1 month stay and in Winter, I think the regular luggage bags might be near to maximum allowance. My wife going there for 1 month to work and thus will have half her closet going together with her. Hope its not too cold to play in Dec. Will be there from beginning to end of the month. Will have to wait for Bro Freedrop for more feedbacks.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:35 am

Nic.. everytime I walked into a golf shop in HK, it seems to me that it is more ex than Singapore leh. Maybe I did not go to the correct one. But anything cheaper, I have this nagging doubt leh.... scratch Tks for the SIA web site.

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:40 am

Nic.. need clarification as I don't quite understand the reading. HK is under Band 2. So is it USD 12 or USD15 in my case?
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 am

Way back 2001 when I flew to Sydney with my brother, our golf bag was transfered
and carried separately, the weight of the golf bag was not include in our baggage, I suppposed back in those days not many ppl carry golf bag overseas & play golf, so the airline was liberal. Today its a common sight, lots ppl become golfers..now airline change the rule.

Golf bag was not considered as a luggage...ha ha..when I return from SYdney to Sin
i loaded the golf bag with stuff I bought.

cheers
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:44 am

That's the main reason why SIA changed their stance, they use to allow golf bags to be checked in for free as long as the weight of the bag was below 15 or 20kg. but a lot of people abused that and filled the golf bag with normal baggage.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:44 am

Tituman wrote:
Nic.. need clarification as I don't quite understand the reading. HK is under Band 2. So is it USD 12 or USD15 in my case?

call up their customer service and enquire
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 am

slinger wrote:
d, my golf bag seldom exceed 20kg.....

how many drivers n golf balls u bring along??!!

i never have any problem checking in my golf bag.... for SIA

however, are u travelling with family??

are your family checking in many bags??

Just weighed in my bag and it weighs about 14 kg. So did they charge you excess for the golf bag ?
May weigh in lesser by 1-2 kg when I changed it to standbag and take out the balls and put it into my regular luggage space,
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:02 pm

i told the staff that i am checking in my 20kg bag... whether normal luggage or golf bag

cos i usually travel with a hand carry....only 2-3 days

i usually put on my "gatsby" face when i talk to the counter ladies.....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:06 pm

my previous experiences with them has always been good. I have not been charged for having one check-in luggage+ golf bag, as long as its close to the baggage limit. i remember both weighed in at 30kg, but since they classify the first 15kg as 6kg, she let it go for me without any excess charges.

It also helps to check in early, as they would have more weight allowances to grant you before having to charge for excess baggage.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:08 pm

eiji wrote:
my previous experiences with them has always been good. I have not been charged for having one check-in luggage+ golf bag, as long as its close to the baggage limit. i remember both weighed in at 30kg, but since they classify the first 15kg as 6kg, she let it go for me without any excess charges.

It also helps to check in early, as they would have more weight allowances to grant you before having to charge for excess baggage.

u yuen-tao mah......thats why
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:08 pm

slinger wrote:
i told the staff that i am checking in my 20kg bag... whether normal luggage or golf bag

not all can try la..

if me ah, the ladies will think i Ham Sup... Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:10 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
slinger wrote:

not all can try la..

if me ah, the ladies will think i Ham Sup... Razz Razz

case by case basis.....

i dun have the tiko look....

mayb u do.... flower
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:39 pm

I have a question - golf bags are considered by sq as bulky equipment which are subject to excess baggage charges even if there is actually no excess, I.e. Total luggage weight is less than the airline's allowance?

If so, would the airline consider Sunday bags as normal luggage or as special baggage that is subject to the charges?

Also, I wonder what is the proportion of folks here that travel with Sunday bags instead of the full set cart/stand bags when traveling for golf? I would like to use a Sunday bag but can't decide which clubs to leave out of the bag....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA   Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding Golf Bag on SIA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next