Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?

Go down 
+13
pushslice
Begbie
coe16arg
shorthitter
ydk
spinning_top
peter.golfer
adamgolf
CoRN
blee67
dmateo
asahi
DGman
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? Empty
PostSubject: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:11 pm

we got some season pass and i am checking who wants to go, please list your name here...

for beer lovers we have a special pass that allow you to go into the hospitality area to get you know what...

1. Asahi - the beer pass

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks a gazillion, boss. hic..... Beer
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:35 pm

watched today from far away (across the reservoir) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:31 pm

I am watching tomorrow and Sunday! Got 2 spare tickets Eric, in case you need more!
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 pm

My coach didn't make the cut... Not going oredi.
Back to top Go down
adamgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Bernard, I be there 9am, hope to pick up some tips. 110kid...
Wah, so good, a trip..., what I have is a slog in office...
What a good life you have...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Adam, work trip la.

So early ah go there ah? Aim thinking of going after lunch.
Back to top Go down
adamgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Ya, thinking try to follow good playerd, see which part my swing so different from them, hehe...
Hope can run into you... Cheers!
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 pm

1. Asahi - the beer pass
2. Peter

Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:03 am

I am planning of watching tomorrow, please let me know how to collect the ticket from u. Thanks
Back to top Go down
spinning_top
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
spinning_top

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 am

I have a pair of tickets to give away. Please let me know if anyone wants them.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:12 am

peter you can pick it up from BM....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am

Cool! Tks. Will b there shortly. See u!
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
peter.golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:34 am

What time u open? I m here but not open yet
Back to top Go down
ydk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 am

Bfg open at 12 i think
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:16 am

Hi caddied there, day one and two...

Looped for my good mate Jack, he hits the ball so solidly, and long.. averaged 297 yards over 2 days...

Unfortunatley we had nearly as many putts...

Both his knees gave way, one of the officials asked him if he wanted to stop he was limping so badly.. no excuses just bad timimg..

A couple of photos here.. I will upload more when I get them.

Go enjoy the golf see how it is done! Beer

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore-Golf-Services/191449734229349
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Just to update. Better be there earlier tomorrow as they having a 2 point start. Today everything was over around 2,30pm.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am

Interest in the tournament this year like quite low. Was there on Sat and there was barely a crowd.

Even in this forum, there is hardly any discussion other than the free passes and volunteers.

What happened?
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:52 am

The winner, himmat rai din even bother to look at his partner's eyes when he came over to shake hands and congratulate. Very unsportmanlike..

Salvador will be my new role model, esp the way he kept on grinding for 6 holes.. Steely courage.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 am

What do you guys think of the SIngaporeans' performance? What does it say when an amatuer is the top performer amongst all the pros?

Has it got anything to do with the fact that he got Thongchai's ex-caddy on his bag?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Lam ZHi Qun has been on good form recently, winning few Amateur tournaments and performing well for SG natl squad.

btw this year, I dont see a lot of expose on the Handa in mass media.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:07 pm

coe16arg wrote:
What do you guys think of the SIngaporeans' performance? What does it say when an amatuer is the top performer amongst all the pros?

Has it got anything to do with the fact that he got Thongchai's ex-caddy on his bag?

I think you will find it is lack of Tournament Fitness more than anything...

Most Countries the Corporate world get behind their Golfers... Malaysia for example has 16 events this year, the smallest purse is RM160 000. Singapore is lucky to get 1 event every 3 months. With a $30k purse.

The Ametuers get so many events, personalised coaching (plus they dont have to teach for a living) it is no wonder they do better, but then when they turn Pro, unless they get starts on a Tour somewhere they will struggle too...

Corporate Singapore has to get behind these guys to help raise the standard.

As for Mardan and Chih Bing, my get is they are tired, it is September they have been tralleving week in week out, plus being in your home town, you have to deal with "home" matters that you dont have to know about on the road.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:05 pm

I think you will find it is lack of Tournament Fitness more than anything...

Most Countries the Corporate world get behind their Golfers... Malaysia for example has 16 events this year, the smallest purse is RM160 000. Singapore is lucky to get 1 event every 3 months. With a $30k purse.

[/quote]

I fully agree with Shorthitter. I had a similar conversation the Malaysian Pro Ben Leong during the Handa Classic Pro-Am last Wednesday. I was really curios how they could survive paying for their own airfares and hotels, and don't get a cent if they miss the cut...

The answer was.....
Sponsors!!!!
and as a result, he can focus on training and playing.
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Begbie wrote:
The winner, himmat rai din even bother to look at his partner's eyes when he came over to shake hands and congratulate. Very unsportmanlike..

Salvador will be my new role model, esp the way he kept on grinding for 6 holes.. Steely courage.

Saw that also. Very unsportsmanlike Mad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Begbie wrote:

I don't think it's a lack of sportsmanship. I think it's more because he was exhausted. The intensity is tremendous and to keep grinding the 18th is a pain.

But Rai has the look of a merciless killer, I admit. It's that smouldering glare which he gives. Quite intense.

I will agree that Salv is a true hero. Really rags-to-riches story. He was awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?   anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone wants to go and watch Handa Classic at OCC?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next